Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Another review from me with this time the vaporesso Target PM80. Thank you @Vaporesso_Chelsea for sending me this kit for the purpose of this review.

It is the first pod mod from vaporesso and is mainly released for the DTL vapers out there that are looking for a proper DTL Pod Mod.

Intro-1.jpg

I am able to compare this pod mod to the Vinci, Vinci X and Aegis Boost.

Some specifications from the Target PM80 for you to get to know a bit about this kit(from Vaporesso website):

spec1.png

spec2.png

spec3.png

spec4.png

In the box you’ll get below

• 1 x VAPORESSO TARGET PM80 Battery
• 2 x VAPORESSO TARGET PM80 POD (4ml) (YEEEEEEES 2 PODS!)
• 1 x GTX 0.2Ω MESH COIL
• 1 x GTX 0.3Ω MESH COIL
• 1 x USB Cable
• 1 x User Manual
• 1 x Warranty Card
• 1 x Reminder Card
• 4 x Rubber seal for airflow

packaging-1.jpg

Packaging-2.jpg

My thoughts on this kit

Let’s start of with the fact you get 2 pods in this kit, big pro, it’s the first pod mod kit that has 2 pods included.

Love the design, it’s a nice shape pod mod which has a nice weight, not too heavy. It feels nice in the hands and the firebutton is well placed to vape comfortably. The resign style pattern on the side is a tick sticker which would never come off without force. The zinc material makes it a nice strong mod with a premium feel, fingerprints are sometimes very visible on the material though.

design-1.jpg

design-2.jpg

In size it is very similar to my boost, it is slightly thinner than the boost, weight wise they are also similar.

vs-boost.jpg

The screen is nice and bright and so far the nicest screen I’ve had on a pod mod, it shows a nice smart function that recognized the coil and gives you the best output wattage or voltage range to vape on, something I haven’t seen on other pod mods.

menu.jpg

Like the unique functions it has for a pod mod. The possibility to change the theme color is nice. Also like the fact I have a chose between variable wattage, variable voltage or smart wattage mode. It has a similar puff curve as the Vinci which for me is not really interesting to use. All these functions are easily accessible.

Menu1.jpg

Menu2.jpg

Menu3.jpg

Easy in use, to get into the menu simply hold the up and down button and then you can navigate easily through the menu with the up and down button and the firebutton to select. Big plus for me is that I am able to lock the device (3x firebutton) and still vape, only the plus and minus buttons are locked.

These pods have nice and large fill holes, had no issues with filling them up and neither with leaking. Wished that Vaporesso would have made it possible to fill from the top. Drip-tip is my favorite pod mod drip-tip so far, a proper round drip tip ideal for DTL vaping. Replacing coils in these pods is also simple, just push them in from the bottom of the pod. Happy Vaporesso chose for these transparent pods, its easy to see the liquid level which to me is important. The magnets hold well in to place as well.

Pod-1.jpg

Pod-2.jpg

pod-3.jpg

Vaping experience is outstanding on this for a pod mod, I was really extremely surprised when I was vaping on this pod mod. To me it’s the best DTL experience from a pod-mod so far. The GTX 0.2 ohm coil is better over the 0.3 ohm one, simply because it pushed all the way up to 60 watts and also delivers better flavor. These coils hold up long as well with minimal flavor drop.

The pod mod can go all the way up to 80 watts, but for now there is only coils that are rated for max 60 watts, my guess is that they will still release more coil options in the future, because why would you otherwise release an 80 watt pod mod.

At the moment there is only two coil options and there is no RBA/RDTA available yet, something which is a pity as all the other pod mods do have either an RBA coil or RDTA pod. Hope Vaporesso will work on releasing more coils and possibly a RBA/RDTA.

Coils.jpg

Airflow is something I’m a bit disappointed about, why not develop it with adjustable airflow? The airflow is for me good, but it’s just much better if you can have more control over it. While I was opening the box suddenly I found 4 rubber plugs which were not mentioned on the box. In the beginning I had no idea what they were for, but I figured quickly already that they are to block the airflow from one of the sides. So, there is two airflow options, airy and more restricted. I like the more restricted option with the plug in for the lower wattage 0.3ohm coil, but for the higher wattage its good without the plug.

Airflow-plug2.jpg

Capacity is key and Vaporesso did a great job getting a 2000mAh battery with 2A charging in this pod mod, the first pod mod with such stats. On 60 watts I am able to get around 100 puffs out of one charge and at 40 watts I am able to get around 150 puffs out of it, not amazing or something, but the fact that it charges from empty to full in 40-45 minutes is a massive winner.

When the battery is under 25% it also performs much weaker suddenly. Also, the battery % on the screen is not always showing correctly. Sometimes while taking 10 puffs the battery % does not move, when I stop vaping and look at the screen I suddenly see that it start decreasing after a while. The same while charging, up to 60% it charges quickly, but then suddenly it starts charging much slower. Not massive problems or something, but I would have preferred to just see 5 bars instead of the percentage as now it looks a bit strange.

charging.jpg

Pros of this kit:

- Great flavor and performance of coils
- Fires up to 80 watts
- 2000mAh battery
- 2A charging
- Ease of use and menu options
- Comfortable DTL drip tip
- Overall design, great shape, good size
- Transparant pods, always see your liquid in your pods
- TWO PODS, big pro

Cons of this kit:

- Limited coil options, no RBA/RDTA
- Not precisely adjustable airflow
- Solely DTL (does not have to be a con for some)

Final thoughts

You might ask, which pod-mod is the best in the current market? In my opinion it is hard to choose the best at this moment as all of them are very different from each other, but if you are looking for a solely DTL pod mod and you are not interested in an RBA or RDTA then I personally think this Target PM80 is your best choice. Main reasons being is the battery, 2a charging and the performance of these coils. The flavor and clouds from this thing are just fantastic. If Vaporesso would release more coils and a proper RBA/RDTA for this kit I think it will do very well.

Thank you for taking your time to read my review.

SP013

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread