Taste stuck on clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
I recently bought an 'organic tobacco' flavour out of curiosity. It didn't really suit my tastes -too leafy-. So, I emptied it back in the bottle, stored it for a later date -sometimes they get better-. I cleaned my clearomizer and atty head with water, and put in a regular juice I use.
After a solid hour of on-off usage, the flavour of the previous juice doesn't seem to have cleared out completely. I'm surprised because usually after a few long puffs the previous flavour goes away. :?:
I know putting a new atty head (This being an aspire bdc type model, disposable heads and all) would probably solve this, but it's a new atty and I don't want to waste its lifespan by just tossing it out.
Have any of you encountered super lingering juice flavours like this? What are your experiences solving this?

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
A lot of people including myself use vodka. Just find the cheapest strongest vodka you can get and a bottle will last a long time. Put a little bit in a container or a glass and soak the head in it, try over night. Make sure to rinse really well with water and then let dry. Maybe even soak it in some hot water after rinsing. I do this with my ismoka bcc mega coils, evod/pt coils and my iclear 30s coils. Works pretty well and usually gets every flavor out without a problem. I am not familiar with the aspire coils in particular, but there may also be a dry burn method you could use as well. Check Google and YouTube. Good luck, hope this helps!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
A lot of people including myself use vodka

I know this sounds like a much more expensive method, but if I did that with alcohol? Yeah, the pure stuff you use to disinfect your hands etc etc. I don't have any vodka lying around, and it's kind of late in the day so the stores are closed.
Of course leaving the parts to dry overnight and everything. Same principle, no?

I can tell you with all certainty.. do not put it in the dishwasher.

Hahaha. Will keep in mind :D

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I know this sounds like a much more expensive method, but if I did that with alcohol? Yeah, the pure stuff you use to disinfect your hands etc etc. I don't have any vodka lying around, and it's kind of late in the day so the stores are closed.
Of course leaving the parts to dry overnight and everything. Same principle, no?

Hahaha. Will keep in mind :D

Some people also use isopropyl (sp) alcohol. Just be sure to rinse REALLY well and let dry completely. It seems to evaporate pretty well so sitting over night will probably work. I set mine on the heat vent over night to dry sometimes.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
My first clearomizers were Iclear 16s I got with my iTaste vv v3. Several juice flavors gave me this problem, particularly anything with mint or a strong melon flavor. I tried soaking the coil heads in vodka, rinsing them over and over, dry firing, and still ended up pitching a few coil heads because I couldn't get rid of the taste. I finally gave up and started a collection of bottom coil glassomizers. Problem solved, coils are much easier to clean, cheaper to replace or rebuild, and I think give a better vape. Just saying......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread