Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    giphy.gif

I was thinking what other way you could taste juice besides orally?

• Agree
    Reactions: Blitzdonlife

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    OK, I'll be serious. But only for a minute...

If you're worried about GI problems with taste testing too much VG, then start your taste testing on a Friday as soon as you get home from work. This way you have all weekend to recover. But I have a feeling you won't have to recover from anything.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If tasting some eliquid drops gives you the runs, I will eat my hat, I think.

You will be fine.

My biggest issue with tasting juice "orally" is it often is highly suspect, and that is why people do single flavor tasters, to find out about a juice. Some eliquid flavors taste AWFUL but when handled properly taste great.

Good luck with everything, I will change a TP roll in my bathroom in your honor.

But, you are NOT gonna need it.

Anna

Reactions: smacuser

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My biggest issue with tasting juice "orally" is it often is highly suspect, and that is why people do single flavor tasters, to find out about a juice. Some eliquid flavors taste AWFUL but when handled properly taste great.
    That's true... tasting a drop is no guarantee it will be good to vape (and the other way around) Besides possibly adding my own nic to some of the better ones, I'm thinking about just adding some to my DIY mixes (like if one is "creamy" add it to my fruits) Or even just add some to my coffee/tea to make it interesting. The very best ones (that I actually vape some and like) I will save until I get some nic (in VG) Hey... it only costs $4 so what the heck ;)

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I haven't tried them yet. Got a bit freaked out because they all had juice residue on the bottles. Some of the caps were not tight and even some that were still seemed to leak a little. I'm not too worried about the juice in the bottles but first going to wipe the outsides with alcohol. I will say they sound good and most are 70VG/30PG so I can add my own nic (in PG) and vape them in my MTL tank. I was afraid I'd get the runs from germs on the outside of the bottles and never know if it was the VG or not. That would be really "crappy" (there... got that out of the way)
    Also, got this pod device for testing flavors (long story I posted on another thread) so just going to use it to try them. I guess I will pick out the best ones and do a quick taste anyway just to follow through on this. Thanks for reminding me.

• Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If that pod device doesn't work out for tasting purposes, get yourself a cheap RDA instead. Nothing fancy, just something cheap. It doesn't matter if the RDA is built to use 2 coils, you can just build it with one coil. I used to have a good little RDA that would be good for this purpose, but I can't for the life of me find it or I'd let you have it.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I already have a RDA... that's how I used to do it. It's a dual coil deck (velocity style) but just used one coil and would do quick re-wick/dry burn between flavors. Now I have two coils in it and enjoying actually using it. The pod devise is Joyetech Atopack Magic (comes with 50 replacable cotton "wicks) I don't even fill the pod with juice... just prime the wick, vape, then replace wick for next flavor... kind of a pain but works great for SFTs:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    So I finally did it... tasted about 10 juices. Before I say anything, let me explain a few things. I have not vaped these yet so won't know until I do. Also, it's been early spring here in CA and been doing lots of "yard work" and there is already trees blooming (lots of pollen) so have no sense of smell (that is almost as important as actual taste) Also, most juices (for me) are too strong and too sweet. These are not (would be a good thing but I hoped to mix in my own nic so they may not be strong enough) They seem "wimpy" and not very sweet (in some ways I would like this) I am very disappointed in the ones that have vanilla... just not getting it at all BUT there were a couple I was very impressed with! "Apple fritter" was way better than my DIY apple pie! "Caramel Latte" was really good also. Maybe I just have weak taste buds but after doing this I tasted some of my other juices (like a blueberry donut that I had to dilute to even deal with and they are so much stronger and sweeter) Once again, I won't judge until I actually vape these (that's what really matters) Next step is to test in the Atopac Magic... might find that I like them very much) but I promised to do this and followed through. Two drops at a time... no worries.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    And most importantly..no runs!
    Only Time will tell... tasted some more (will see in the morning)
    I hate to say, but tried some of the fruits and not impressed (what I call perfume... especially the raspberry) Like I said, I will actually vape these tomorrow (even though this thread was about tasting orally I will post results from actually vaping... in the end that's what really matters)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread