The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tasting e-juice orally

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by vaper1960, Feb 12, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    This might seem like an odd question... please stay with me as I try to explain.
    I ordered a "mystery box" of e-juice bottles (Mt Baker) just to try different flavors (all they had left for this offer was 0 mg nic... but it was only$4) There are two reasons I did this... just to get an idea if I even like certain flavors and because I also do DIY so can add my own nic if needed) That's not my question (hang in there) Some people want to know how a new flavor juice tastes so they just put a drop on their hand a lick it (a quick way to get an idea of the flavor) Doing this with juices that have high nic can be bitter (not an issue this time... 0 mg nic) I may be doing this with up to 30 flavors (all in one sitting) So far so good... but I have heard VG is a laxative (normally used as a suppository) I'm only going to taste a couple drops of each flavor as a quick test... is this even an issue? Also, I was wondering if I could use these juices (flavors) with foods (like coffee/tea) I searched the net and can't find any info about how much VG would cause "the runs". This is all for fun (and learning) Here's an article about consuming VG... any suggestions?
    Is Glycerin a Healthy Sweetener?
    I guess my answer may be something like "live and learn" LOL I know it won't hurt me but might choose to do this over several days. Maybe I will just get a good "clean out" ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChelsB

ChelsB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I taste juice all the time with no ill effects. One drop on the finger to taste tells me, along with the smell of the juice, if I’ll like it or not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    You already "drink" quite a bit of VG. The stuff coating your mouth and sinuses? It mixes with saliva and heads straight for your stomach.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    When flying I have been known to place a drop or two of E Liquid on my tongue if the flight were delayed, and touch wood, I've never experienced any adverse symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I taste juice like that all the time, no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Tasting a couple of drops is not an issue. Drinking 30ml of VG may result in a very intimate date with the toilet.

If taste testing multiple flavours, adopt a cleansing method such as what wine drinkers do. These are concentrated flavours that can and do linger for some time.

Nothing wrong with adding flavours to food/drink. I’ve done it before. But only a couple of drops are needed.

7. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Thanks for the responses. I wouldn't have even asked but might be tasting around 30 juices. I'll spread this out over several hours and sip on something between flavors (I have some ginger ale) I'm guessing this will equal about 1 ml total (and part of that will be PG) I'm really hoping most of the juices are 70VG/30PG so I can add my own nic (it's in PG) but many may be 50/50 and I don't like over 35 % PG... might order some nic in VG for those.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dripster

dripster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Mt Baker tastes so terrible, just the very thought of vaping it could actually give you the runs. :)

9. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Well everything can have different affects on everyone and to varying degrees, so if you're worried about sh:censored:in' your guts out, just play it safe and be prepared.

Make sure you have all your ducks in a row, notify friends and loved ones about what you're about to do and when, so they know what's going on and what could happen to you and what they need to do in case you don't make it out alive.

Make out a will, just in case.

Nice chattin' with ya.

Wish you best of luck.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I'm sure that tasting juice orally is better than tasting it anally. My gawd, I cant believe I even said that. My mind is very random these days. Sorry. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I get it... wasn't expecting much for $4 anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @UncleJunkle , I guess I had that coming for posting this... all ducks in a row (and a roll of paper towels LOL )

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    They are very popular. They've been around for a long time now.

Some like them some don't. Which is the case with just about every other product, including eliquid brands.

Me? Never tried it :D

14. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Coyete, I agree. your mind is very... umm, how do i say it... in the ....ter (randomly... it will be filtered but I got a good laugh anyway)

• Like Like x 1
  15. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    I just couldn't resist.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The truth is, this really wasn't about whether I like this brand or not, it was just a way to experiment with flavors in general (and make choices for DIY flavors) If nothing else, I might end up with some really good tasting coffee and tea LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    ...or a back case of the runs :lol:

18. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    No comment... I'm trying to be somewhat serious... no TP jokes OK.

19. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
  20. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    No offense meant. I was just being my hilarious random self. The devil made me do it, or something...

• Funny Funny x 2