Tauren and the auto-firing debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
See I didn't really read that from what he said but like the other guy said.this just need a to end,the point of the thread has been derailed, what could have been information for someone looking to buy this mec has turned into whatever this is.
I agree this needs to end. But I would still hate to see kitchen knives get banned over something that also includes whatever this is. :)

Reactions: stols001

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I agree this needs to end. But I would still hate to see kitchen knives get banned over something that also includes whatever this is. :)
I don't think anyone was implying that mods or this mod should be ban it's just a small but harmful flaw, I'm sure it will get fixed and they'll over charge people for a "updated" switch and say it's got "better performance" or more " conductivity " like they do most of the new junk and a 1,000 people will run like sheep to go get it, I say wake me up when something ground breaking comes out.I vaped the same mod for 2 years just about 4 months ago I started buying mods and I hadn't stopped, my fasttech account can officially put one of there kids into a good America school and help them graduateeven the stuff they say is new is still kinda the same just some simple changes and a new button or rda deck and it's GROUNDBREAKING!!!!!! But I see your point but I do think his comment was kinda taken out of context.that's all

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I don't think anyone was implying that mods or this mod should be ban it's just a small but harmful flaw, I'm sure it will get fixed and they'll over charge people for a "updated" switch and say it's got "better performance" or more " conductivity " like they do most of the new junk and a 1,000 people will run like sheep to go get it, I say wake me up when something ground breaking comes out.I vaped the same mod for 2 years just about 4 months ago I started buying mods and I hadn't stopped, my fasttech account can officially put one of there kids into a good America school and help them graduateeven the stuff they say is new is still kinda the same just some simple changes and a new button or rda deck and it's GROUNDBREAKING!!!!!! But I see your point but I do think his comment was kinda taken out of context.that's all
In the other thread someone linked a GrimmGreen video showing a replacement button has already been made available by the manufacturer so that part of conversation has already been covered IMO. As for the other part, no, the context was about every day normal use when the reality shows he put a live mech in his pocket without having proper knowledge of mechs in general and without having familiarized himself with the mechanics of his first (!) mech so the "classical user error 101" remark I gave is extremely well-founded exactly because of that same context, no matter the gravity of the design flaw, and that is despite I agree in full about that same gravity that also includes the gravitational effect that ultimately caused the mod to auto-fire. The horns on the Tauren's logo look sharp as kitchen knives so of course it's going to be dangerous, and, fixing the button will almost certainly help, but mech mods will still be dangerous so again, no, there can be no excuses made re "normal" because, no, kitchen knives won't easily be banned, but mech mods soon might be banned just because some people love to be stupid.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
To the OP, thanks for the heads up. I've been on and off checking this mod at several sites, hesitant for buying or not. I'll pass on this one now I know this.

Thy are fixed now b1 had a bad switch b2 and on has fixed this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Look I've familiarized myself with knives plenty and I have also still cut myself on occasion. I'm not sure I understand the analogy really.

It's not unusual for a new OR experienced user to have a moment with new or even new to them equipment. That's kind of the reason reporting something like this is useful and etc.

I think it's not really possible to know all the design flaws of new equipment by osmosis, and certainly the analogy sort of leads me to the conclusion that if someone is inadvertently driving a car with a brake issue that isn't even a RECALL yet would be like saying that driver sucked, because he knows how to drive a car.

Forgive me for introducing yet another analogy into the mix, but it sort of seems like, well yeah, when using a mech exercise due caution and everything, but if a mech has a design flaw that is not yet well known or well publicized, they suck as a mech user for not magically knowing about its "fatal flaw" which like, WHAT?

Tons of consumer recalls only come about AFTER someone has gotten injured, or kids with Chinese stuff stuffed into their mouth get elevated lead levels or whatnot.

I am cautious, but I don't have built in sensors like 7 of 9, going "Lead ration too high for safe baby use!" And, "I can hear the whatever that species was approaching and etc.'

I'd probably be horrified if I did. But, it's also kind of like reading Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything," by the end I wasn't scared, it actually caused me months of marvel where I wandered around going, "Why am I not dead yet? Why is this planet NOT a wasteland?" Etc.

Of course, that's Bill Bryson, he can write a book of 1500 pages of potential Armageddon scenarios about the world, and it comes out charming.

You guys should read it.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread