Not open for further replies.

tiluid

May 9, 2017
Bulgaria
Hello, people!
This is the table for TCR values for eleaf chipset:

TCR Values for Eleaf Chipset.jpg

Yet, the ranges are quite wide.
So, is there anyone who knows the exact values?!
(Especially for SS because, as you see, the SS range here is the largest?!)
Regards! :)

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello, people!
This is the table for TCR values for eleaf chipset:

View attachment 725977

Yet, the ranges are quite wide.
So, is there anyone who knows the exact values?!
(Especially for SS because, as you see, the SS range here is the largest?!)
Regards! :)

Hi and welcome,
Just use the presets.
The TCR setting allows you to input a custom value for different material types within the range listed above.

What grade of SS are you interested in using?
What was the issue with using the pre-set values? Over temp? under temp?

Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I would suggest using the presets values. (They are built in to the device)

Are you using a single, simple round wire build or something more complex?

A great resource is this thread: The Ultimate TCR List

Just to muddy the water, I use ARCTICFOX firmware on my eleaf devices because I feel it manages TC more efficiently.

ETA: TCR 200 and a temp of 300f just doesn't seem accurate.

Cheers
I

tiluid

May 9, 2017
Bulgaria
I use round coil, single wire, SS316, 0.6ohm, 22w.

I tried TC preset SS at 230°C just now and it's also fine. So thank you, Izan!

But, as mentioned, when I used TC with TCR on 87 to 92, as advised, I had to fire it around 280°C and it doesn't seem to me accurate too. That's why I wrote my post here for the exact real TCR values for Eleaf chipset.

Maybe the next step would be ArcticFox I don't know. It's a matter of time :) Is it appropriate for Pico 25?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I use round coil, single wire, SS316, 0.6ohm, 22w.

I tried TC preset SS at 230°C just now and it's also fine. So thank you, Izan!

But, as mentioned, when I used TC with TCR on 87 to 92, as advised, I had to fire it around 280°C and it doesn't seem to me accurate too. That's why I wrote my post here for the exact real TCR values for Eleaf chipset.

Maybe the next step would be ArcticFox I don't know. It's a matter of time :) Is it appropriate for Pico 25?

De nada...

The Pico 25 will love the ARCTICFOX.
I have some 304SS that I use sometimes. I set TCR at 105 in AF for best performance.

With SS316, TI, Ni... I have found the preset values to be almost perfect 99% of the time.

Cheers
I

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I tried Artic Fox on 2 Wismec/Joytech devices and went back to the standard firmware. I have seen some sing the praises of Artic Fox so I am sure it is worth a try but for me I found it overly complicated and hard to read the screen. I use standard 316L preset and it works just fine on my Pico and on the Sinuous 80w(another Joytech/Wismec product). When I use 304ss I set the standard firmware for 105 tcr and all works perfectly. The only obvious advantage I could see to Artic Fox was the available preheat settings. I admit I did not stick with it long.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Interesting conversation. I have a geekvape aegis and a gbox. The aegis tcr for ss is 93 and gbox is 103.

Strange.

Sometimes we forget that temperature control is a fairly new development. Each chipset maker has their own idea about design for tc. The Wismec/Joytech/Eleaf products all use versions of the same chipset so results across their products is consistent. Aside from that the only dead on consistent settings I have found are on my 2 DNA75 mods. They seem to operate dead on the Steam Engine settings.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I've been using a TCR of 108 on my eLeaf Invoke as recommended by DJLsb Vapes (not that he's right, but I'm new to TC and seemed a good place to start).

Seems to work, but I have no frame of reference to judge. I MTL normally in wattage at 8W (give or take) and find I need to set my temp to 340F, which is lower than I would have expected, but seems to be that for the 3 mods I've tried (with or without ArticFox). The Invoke, though, seems to do TC better than the Pico75 and 25, though. But, again, limited TC experience here....

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
In my own experience vaping at very low wattage such as your 8w makes for very difficult accuracy in tc. If you are using atomizers and coils that support that type of very low wattage build tc may not bring you much benefit. You might even be better off just using normal wattage mode (VW). This gets down to your personal taste but I don't use tc for builds under 15 watts. The only mods I have that can reliably do that are DNA mods. Still I see little if any advantage to tc at that low wattage. Just my own experience yours may vary.

tiluid

May 9, 2017
Bulgaria
TCR setting for SS316L is .00092 to .00112.
Usually .00092 works and is what I set all my devices to for TC with 316L.

Thank you guys for your replies! I appreciate!

Hi, t8kiteasy, where do you know these settings from?

I wrote to the Eleaf customer support and they told me this:

"HI
Recommend you try 100-150
Different customers have different vaping habit, so you can try different value at first."

I'm puzzled :(

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the Invoke does TC okay using presets. Fair disclosure, I vape at such puny wattages and rotate enough that I think I have hit TC "limiting" feature perhaps once. I don't mind it, however as it tells me my temps are WAY below what would be considered a dangerous vape. My mods rarely get to 300 degrees F which is reassuring to me regarding my non-TC vapes. I didn't try my pico though, before selling it, so I can't really offer a comparison between the two. I use the Tc values established by my mod, although I can see a value for TCR for someone who is vaping at much higher temperature (and Arctic Fox, which I will be unlikely to put on my mods) but again, it can be useful as far as really offering customization with TC.

Best of luck with it,

Anna

Reactions: tiluid

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Thank you guys for your replies! I appreciate!

Hi, t8kiteasy, where do you know these settings from?

I wrote to the Eleaf customer support and they told me this:

"HI
Recommend you try 100-150
Different customers have different vaping habit, so you can try different value at first."

I'm puzzled :(
I have been using TC since it was released and do not use power any longer. Thru trial and error and looking up the TCR values for TC wires

SS316L starts with at .00092 and the range goes to .00120. Personally I would not go to the highest range as I have and the vape gets unvapable . All of my TC devices(except DNA don't have to touch these) are set to .00092 for TC and the vape is excellent. You just have to raise the value a little at a time until you find what you like.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
...If you are using atomizers and coils that support that type of very low wattage build tc may not bring you much benefit...

Actually, I can see the benefit and understand now why some MTLers prefer TC. For the way I vape...very tight airflow, long slow draws...it makes for a noticeably more consistent vape. That said, who knows on what side I'll come down on when I'm done. :)

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Thanks for your posts vapers :thumb:

These are my settings now:
Pico 25 / Zeus RTA / SS316 0.4mm / 22 w / 3.7v / 0.56 Ω / TCR 110 / 255 °C
I was chasing an economic configuration, so the vapor is poor also the flavor, but (on TC) there are no dry hits and burnt taste. It's working for now but it could be better ...

Your tcr setting for 316ss is way high. Normally it would be around 092-095. The higher the number the hotter the vape. If you are getting weak vapor at that setting it must have to do with your wattage setting being too low. At 255C that is also on the high side. Not unreasonable for a hot vape with your wire but still high. 220C would be more typical. Until you turn the tcr setting down to a reasonable range it will throw off the other settings. You should also make sure you lock the ohms while the rta is at room temperature. A small miss-reading of the atomizer ohms can really screw up everything else. Just trying to be helpful.

tiluid

May 9, 2017
Bulgaria
I also use the Zeus in tc mode. 21W at 420F with 0.53 ohms ss coil (ready made).
Lovely flavour.

But your coil is alien, I suppose?!

Your tcr setting for 316ss is way high. Normally it would be around 092-095. The higher the number the hotter the vape. If you are getting weak vapor at that setting it must have to do with your wattage setting being too low. At 255C that is also on the high side. Not unreasonable for a hot vape with your wire but still high. 220C would be more typical. Until you turn the tcr setting down to a reasonable range it will throw off the other settings. You should also make sure you lock the ohms while the rta is at room temperature. A small miss-reading of the atomizer ohms can really screw up everything else. Just trying to be helpful.

My resistance is locked. The vapor is cold, thin and weak under 255 °C and below TCR 110.
The problem might be the wattage, but when I rise over 22-23w I get burnt taste.
I think that my coil (ss316, 0.4mm, 7wraps, 0.56 Ω) cannot support more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread