Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hey ya'll! well I found this old sony dvd handy cam (once state of the art now never used) to test if using an actual video camera rather than my iPhone5 could produce better vids. I also purchased some PC based editing software to edit and produce the vids.

IMO the video cam works better than the iPhone and the PC software / produce / upload times kill what's on my phone. I do need to work with lighting and I am getting a new flash based video cam so things will only improve from here.

Some notes before you watch the movie:

1. The conversation with Rob was done very politely via PM, not the way I describe it like a George Thorogood song where Rob is the bartender and I was asking for one bourbon, one scotch and one beer - but it just sounded better that way. Heck, its a reality movie, gotta throw in SOME drama :)

2. I observed from that movie that there was juice around the base of my atty. I had not seen that prior. I have since put in an oring.

3. Yuck - DT schmegma! another thing I didn't notice and never had with delrin tips. I gotta clean these more often - like daily it looks like :)

Please let me know what you think and keep your eyes out for my next vid once I get the stuff from Rob and get the new camera :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Now you just need somescantily clad "REO Girls" in the background presenting the attys ala Vanna White!!:p

Ya know, there's this rack of posters in walmart with bikini clad women on it. Hmmmm. I have to get something to temporarily cover the large framed photo behind me because the lights can be seen in it. I took it down for today's test but that was a pain in the AYuss.

Perhaps a couple of those girl posters would work to cover it. But then again, it would definitely make my wife think even less of my videoing hobby.

So, Still thinking of how to mask the picture or maybe try to reposition the lights.

I could film in another room but I love having all my vape stuff on hand so that's a no go.

All these things are in my mind as I try to produce a more professional product :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Ya know, there's this rack of posters in walmart with bikini clad women on it. Hmmmm. I have to get something to temporarily cover the large framed photo behind me because the lights can be seen in it. I took it down for today's test but that was a pain in the AYuss.

Perhaps a couple of those girl posters would work to cover it. But then again, it would definitely make my wife think even less of my videoing hobby.

So, Still thinking of how to mask the picture or maybe try to reposition the lights.

I could film in another room but I love having all my vape stuff on hand so that's a no go.

All these things are in my mind as I try to produce a more professional product :)

See if Rob will send you a big picture of himself, along with the sample mods. You could make a sign that says: "Our Founder" to put at the bottom of the picture.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
See if Rob will send you a big picture of himself, along with the sample mods. You could make a sign that says: "Our Founder" to put at the bottom of the picture.

Too late - the sample mods already shipped :). Robs a beast. What other mod makers as busy as Rob would not only agree to the request but also send it out the next freakin day.

It's not like he needs the publicity.

The mods'll prolly beat my camera here :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Too late - the sample mods already shipped :). Robs a beast. What other mod makers as busy as Rob would not only agree to the request but also send it out the next freakin day.

It's not like he needs the publicity.

The mods'll prolly beat my camera here :)

What kind of camera did you get? I've been meaning to look at some. I know nothing about them.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Sweet setup bro... The video was great and can't wait to see the next REOmmercial... Maybe we can get you some posters of some south american honey's to go up on the wall that she wouldn't take too much offense to!!! Nah, that'll never fly... How about a copy of the ModMaster's avi to go on the wall... A little porky love so to say... Keep up the good work Russ, YOU ROCK BRO!!!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

And... and... where's that fat lady been lately? You need to blow that up to "covering shiny stuff" size. Rob photo... Chorus of fat ladies (something rather Andy Warhol)... this is all gonna pull together quite wonderfully! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread