• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tejas Vapin' Logo Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Have you guys seen Butterbean03's avatar design? I thought about asking him if we could use it as a logo for the group. But... I didn't want to be unfair and make make any changes without the group's input and approval first. Then I thought it would be cool for everyone to have the opportunity to design a new logo if they want.

So.... I thought we'd start a contest of sorts and ask members to submit their own designs. Then we can vote and the winner gets their logo chosen to represent our new group. Heck, maybe we can even throw in a free t-shirt to the winner if we ever decide to print any.

* Requirements: family safe wording and graphics, copyright transferred to the group, must include the group name: Tejas Vapin' with or without the apostrophe.

* Image file: .jpg, .png. and/or vector (if possible). Minimum size for logo should be 500 x 500 pixels.

* One or more designs can be submitted by each members who wish to participate. Each will be counted as a separate entry.

* Notes: A vector file is suggested in case we want to use it to print shirts and/or other items in the future. This isn't necessary to submit a design as we can always employ someone at a later date to create a vector file if needed. The thought - if this group grows into something of considerable size it might be a good idea to implement an online shop at a later date to help fund group activities, non-profit of course.

All that's needed to submit the logos is to post your image(s) here in this thread. If someone has trouble attaching their own image just PM me and I'll help you with it. We'll give it a week or two and then open a new thread to vote by poll.

Let the contest begin!

Are you up first, Butterbean03? :D

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
How about something like this? It's just a dirty mockup (photo of a sketch....not even a real scan)- I'm sure I or somebody else could clean it up.

Attachments

• txvapinsketch.jpg
    txvapinsketch.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 22

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Hey Lika,

You can use my avatar as the first design. When I get back to the shop on Monday, I will upload a pic of it.

Don

That looks very good, however, I have one comment on the wording.

We are fighting a battle with Congress, the FDA, American Lung Association, and tons of anti e-cig groups right now. It's a very touchy situation, legally, and we need as many people and organizations on our side as possible.

I would like to suggest rethinking the wording which says that it's an electronic cigarette *club*. Most opposition can get the wrong idea, and use that one, single word to their advantage.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers;
jd

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
We can put any text on there you want. I had originally put "Environmentally Friendly E-Cigs" or "The Green E-Cig". Seemed to be too wordy. I know the text on there now will not be on the final design. I just threw it together in about 30 minutes between jobs. I own my own sign shop and I am not the chief designer, my wife and another employee are. We own Digitec Grafix and stay pretty busy.
Don

Last edited:

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
We can put any text on there you want. I had originally put "Environmentally Friendly E-Cigs" or "The Green E-Cig". Seemed to be too wordy. I know the text on there now will not be on the final design. I just threw it together in about 30 minutes between jobs. I own my own sign shop and I am not the chief designer, my wife and another employee are. We own Digitec Grafix and stay pretty busy.
Don

Very nice site you got there, Don. I'd say by the looks of your portfolio you're keeping very busy. Awesome work, bud. I know where I'm going if I ever need signs for anything :)

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
That looks very good, however, I have one comment on the wording.

We are fighting a battle with Congress, the FDA, American Lung Association, and tons of anti e-cig groups right now. It's a very touchy situation, legally, and we need as many people and organizations on our side as possible.

I would like to suggest rethinking the wording which says that it's an electronic cigarette *club*. Most opposition can get the wrong idea, and use that one, single word to their advantage.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers;
jd

Aww, come on now. I suggest we take that *club* and knock 'em in the head with it so we can be free to do whatever we want - dammit! :lol::evil::lol:

Of course I'm just kidding. It's unfortunate but we should be very cautious with the wording on anything we produce or advertise in regards to our alternative choice of nicotine intake.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Hey Lika,
Thanks for the kind words on the web site. I also have a solar electric business. More about that later!

Here is a couple of ideas! Had a tough time getting them up!
Don

TexVapin2.jpg
TexVapin1.jpg

Attachments

• TexVapin2.jpg
    TexVapin2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 55
  • TexVapin1.jpg
    TexVapin1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
I like anything that represents Texas. If I can make one suggestion. Lets make it just one single image so that it is not too busy. A single image that represents this group and Texas. Of course with the wording "Tejas Vapin"
If we decide to add chapters to the group that could also be added to the top or bottom of the logo. Kinda like a Bikers jacket. And as for colors, I think neutral colors work best and will be liked by all. How about shades of black and silver. This will also save on printing costs should we decide to print T-shirts, caps, jackets etc.

My wife has done a lot of work in marketing, I will run it by her and see what comes to her mind.

What we need here a ideas for the logo image. Something that makes us stand out, that says Texas and has that cool factor to it.
Everyone put your thinking caps on, and think Texas and what represents.
Alamo, Bluebonnets, The Armadillo, Horny toads, hey we could even use an image of Luckenbach. Let's don't forget the Lone Star, and the state of Texas itself. etc. etc.
Lika, once we have generated enough ideas/images, how about starting a poll to vote on them.
I don't have any image editing software anymore, but for those who do and have the time, maybe they can put others ideas into prospective for us.
Someone want to give a shot at the Armadillo on its back hitting on an E-Cig wrapped with an old west styled map of Texas. I would like to see how that would look.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
View attachment 1501

Just an idea for someone to fix up, i'm not really good at designing.

That is cool!
Maybe just shrink the armadillo just a tiny bit so it stays inside Texas and then curve Texas Vapin across the top, round it out so to speak. Texas Vapin in Silver for for black Ts and Black for white or light colored Ts, caps, jackets etc. Same goes for Texas on the logo, just my thoughts.

My wife just looked at it and she likes. Wish I could get her on the forum, but she lives/ works all day on computers and when she gets home she has had enough. Me, well, I never get enough. I am on them at work, home and play

On second thought the way it is kind of looks like a an FM or Ranch Road sign. That makes it cool in itself.

Last edited:

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Ptboos
I Like it just the way you got it. The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. As I said it reminds me of a Texas RR or FM road sign.

My wife is the software officianodo, I am the hardware guy. :D
She works in Austin and commutes 3 hours a day with rush hour traffic, by the time she gets home she is too tired to mess with anything else. And if she does get on the computer while at home, it is usually to work on something for her company. I have a hard enough time talking her into cooking for me. LOL.

Anyway, there are plenty of other good suggestions here to consider as well, and more to come I am sure. Whatever is used will be cool.

Lika, This may have already been covered, fogrgive me if it has.
How are we going to vote on these when the time comes? Are you going to put them all on a poll? Or just have people vote by post?

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
ptboos,
Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty to make some small changes to your design.
These are just to see how it looks in different formats.
I am not an artist.

Here all I did was change your image to black and white.

Picture A:
attachment.php

On this one, I changed the font and enlarged it.

Picture B:
attachment.php

This is the same pic only in Back and White

Picture C:
attachment.php

I am kind of partial to the black and white. Plus it will be much cheaper should we decide to take it to print; T-shirts, caps etc.​

Attachments

• dillo%20smokinb&w.jpg
    dillo%20smokinb&w.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 76
  • dillosmokin3.JPG
    dillosmokin3.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 73
  • dillosmokin3b&w.JPG
    dillosmokin3b&w.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.