Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I had to do a little something tonite (it's therapeutic), so I built myself a battery spacer similar to the telescoping spacer that came with my GGTB ..

As you know, the TB has a telescoping battery spacer so that you can use 14500, others in the GG. Using a couple of parts from my parts drawers, I made another batt spacer for use on a new mod that a most generous friend is sending me, a Bauway 510N .. it normally takes unprotected 18650's (which I don't presently have). I plan to use it for the time being with an AW14500, so I made an adjustable batt spacer for it.

Not very good pics, but you get the idea.

Short (same size as compressed GG spacer)

Extended (it will go even longer if nec)

It will look much better when I replace the tapered washers with a stack of flat ones, but it works just fine and, just like the GG original, is fully adjustable to take care of different battery sizes.

OK, I know it's dumb, but hey, modding helps me sleep :)

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Sometimes it's the little things that count. I've got a charger for 18650's that needs various bits for spacers to charge other batts, and it would be nice to have one adapter. So it is a chicago screw/ sex bolt with washers around it? Nice thinking!

Gee, why didn't I think of that? Yes, I will make two more for my charger!! I have to use the old "stack of nickels" trick to charge my small 14250 batts on my 18650 charger, you bet this will solve that prob!! Good call, thanks

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
So far I've been using a spring, a center spindle from a hard disc, and recently abolt with a nut. The bolt and nut are pretty good, and a little bit adjustable, but taking all this crap when traveling is a real pain. Finally one adapter, thanks for this Alan :)

sent from my HTC genisis using Tapatalk

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va
I had to do a little something tonite (it's therapeutic), so I built myself a battery spacer similar to the telescoping spacer that came with my GGTB ..

As you know, the TB has a telescoping battery spacer so that you can use 14500, others in the GG. Using a couple of parts from my parts drawers, I made another batt spacer for use on a new mod that a most generous friend is sending me, a Bauway 510N .. it normally takes unprotected 18650's (which I don't presently have). I plan to use it for the time being with an AW14500, so I made an adjustable batt spacer for it.

Not very good pics, but you get the idea.

Short (same size as compressed GG spacer)

Extended (it will go even longer if nec)

It will look much better when I replace the tapered washers with a stack of flat ones, but it works just fine and, just like the GG original, is fully adjustable to take care of different battery sizes.

OK, I know it's dumb, but hey, modding helps me sleep :)

Great thinking, how did NASA ever get to the moon without you :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread