Temp Control trouble shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
:cry: Yikes, I never charge via USB and I shut the option off immediately each time it gets turned back on. But that sounds like charging the battery isn't the only impact to be considered. Is that correct?

I don't know under what conditions to consider setting it. Even with air conditioning the temperature doesn't get to the mid 70's until 3 or 4 in the morning if we're lucky.

Reactions: stols001

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
vape Magoo" data-source="post: 21076013" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Magoo said:
:cry: Yikes, I never charge via USB and I shut the option off immediately each time it gets turned back on. But that sounds like charging the battery isn't the only impact to be considered. Is that correct?

I don't know under what conditions to consider setting it. Even with air conditioning the temperature doesn't get to the mid 70's until 3 or 4 in the morning if we're lucky.

It is how the mod knows it conditions and is more than charging, though that is measured.
I've always run the case thermals and set the mod resistance with every dna I have. I did ignore it just to see what difference it makes, and it does make a difference in TC, so I guess it would make a difference in Replay.

As it costs nothing but your time, little to lose by running it.

As long as the room is a constant temp that you know, it really won't matter if it is hotter or cooler than 70F.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I want to set up a thread for when we have specific TC problems.
My first one is the power (watts) spikes before settling on the pre set setting...
I have a 2.5 316L spaced coil. Watts is set at 13.5. When it fires, it spikes to 18, 22 sometimes up to 33W before settling back and below 13.5W ...gives me a hellova fright, and an uncomfortable vape...
What causes that?

It could very well be a faulty connection with the atomizer. I’ve had similar experiences before. The symptom is a big heat spike. Make sure everything is clean and tight.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread