TEMP CONTROL WOES. SUPER LONG RAMP UP! MEDIOCRE FLAVOR... HALP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Yes that ive done. Ive played with the temp up and down to warm up the vape but there is no change. Does the temp need to be aet before locking the resistance?
set it before or after, shouldnt make any difference. I need to sleep but you could try slamming in a single coil, wick it but dont juice it, set temp to 430F or so and fire it. It should start to singe the wick, if not raise the temp a bit and try again. Lets see if the mod is actually working properly with a dry burn test!!

The other thing to do is put a kanthal buiold in something and try it on power mode!

I also really recommend starting with a single coil. Duals can cause all sorts of problems if they arent identical!

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Ok....second reply...the coil you are trying to build is a "Phd" level TC build. You are fresh out of middle school from the TC perspective. Start small get success and build on it. Yes I have monster TC coils in my rigs, but my TC journey started with "simple" and "fail" and grew from there.

Ok....second reply...the coil you are trying to build is a "Phd" level TC build. You are fresh out of middle school from the TC perspective. Start small get success and build on it. Yes I have monster TC coils in my rigs, but my TC journey started with "simple" and "fail" and grew from there.
I hear you. I'm going to do this once i get home from work. I tried to jump straight into dual coil because my go-to RDA does not have a single coil option. I'll switch it to the HOBO v2 and see the difference in ramp up time. Ill keep you guys posted.

Thanks for all the help guys. This is all definitely very informative for me and anyone else who stumbles in here looking for answers.

Okay.... I've put a new build in my HOBO rda. Single coil, 28ga Nickel, 9 wraps around a 3mm bit. OHMed out to about .13 or so..

Still the same issues. could 9 wraps still be too much coil mass??? I really dont understand why its not firing right.. they are spaced. I am assuming its making a good connection or else it wouldnt fire at all wouldnt it?

I'll give it another try tonight and see what happens.

I am in day 2 of using the fuchai and what I expected was way off base. I thought mine was defective as well. Then I figured out how this thing works.

I thought it was going to billow like my mech does.... If you fire these with the top of the rda off it looks like it's weak. That's because fuchai is limiting your temp. Put a stream of cool air on it and what happens? It billows! That's because your liquid and vent holes are cooling the coil which is allowing fuchai to fire off to stay at set temp. Now raise your temp up beyond 400-450 to maybe 500-550 and I bet there is a difference in your flavor and vapor production.

I know cuz I'm blowing twice as much vapor now than with my mech. Just took a minute to figure out how the fuchai works and figure out how to help it work for me. Massive dense clouds of flavor.... No burning of anything ever. It stops hitting good when your out of liquid rather than torching your cotton. I didn't realize how much I would actually like temp control....

Important to keep a stream of cool air directly on your coil to let fuchai work right.... Line up your air holes. And I find a warm vape around 500-572. Right now I'm happy at 475.

I hope this helps with your issue, it really sounds like how I was feeling yesterday..... But I'll tell you now that I got it figured I probably will never use my mech again.... Unless it's an emergency of course.

Double twisted 30g nickel wrapped 6-7 wraps at .05ohms my current setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread