Temp controlled opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Temp control is meh imo, I've tried the snow wolf, 150tc, own a ipv4, and ipv3livr. There all about the same imo in the tc war, all kinda come up short vs nichrome80 and kanthal. If you vape at lower watts and prone to dry hits I guess it's good, is it worth upgrading from a ipv3 li to a 150tc for tc vaping? Not really. Anyways welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Temp control does have its place in my opinion, for Drippers using their Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers (RDA's) and Squonkers who use a bottle to push the liquid onto the RDA deck to be absorbed by the coils. I love Squonking as it is like dripping, but you have a 6-10ml bottle at your thumb!

For these two uses, temp control is great to ensure you do not get a dry hit which can damage your wicks, especially when they are freshly changed or the wicks are drying up with either there being a juice flow issue, or not enough e-liquid left on the wicks themselves.

Just my two pence though ;)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello all! I'm new and wanted to create my first thread. So I'm Just curious what everybody else thinks about the 3li as compared to the sigeli 150w Tc or other temp controlled devices. I already have the 3li, but looking for opinions on other devices. Thanks guys!

Not much.

I'm interested in the ijoy.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not sure why you would need opinions of other devices when you have a New tech 3li.
Opinions are just, from people with Mod (X) and not the 3li. Often their Opinions will be skewed by
Their Standards
Their Assumptions
Their abilities
Their view of Value
Etc.

TC has 2 purposes -
Prevent DRY Hits(when possible)
Maintain maximum set temperature without exceeding or dropping off.

Any good TC device should meet those 2 goals
Options should currently include:
Wire choice
Resistance range x to x for builders

I have an SX Mini M and an IPV-D2
Both do as I described
One is upgrade-able and one is not
Both perform almost identical
Both are single 18650
D2 is smaller
SX is better looking
Both are built like a Rock(buy even rocks can be broken)
Both work for me but Again YMMV

:cool:

Reactions: Romano Cheese

croationguy

Moved On
Aug 26, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First off let me welcome you to ECF. After you have 5 posts you will be able to post your question in other areas of the forum. I am starting to enjoy the Temp Control. I don't have the 3li so I can't speak to its merits. I do have the IPV4, eVic VT and a Sigelei 75w TC. I find the Temp Control gives me an even vape from start to finish of the draw. To me, all of the TC Mods I have performs the same way. The only difference is how they feel in my hand and the battery life. The IPV4 is a bit big in my hand. The eVic feels nice, however, it has a habit of jumping out of TC and going into watts mode. I vape my sub tanks at 35w so it doesn't cause any harm from the change, it is just irritating. Overall, to me, the Sigelei with a Herakles and the Ni200 coil gives me the perfect vape, is very comfortable to hold and looks really nice, too.

That_vaping_guy

Aug 26, 2015
Aye thanks for all the input everybody! Happy to be here at Ecf, as far as temp control goes, I'll probably be lame and stick with my 3li. Although the Smok xcube 160w looks pretty sweet. Heard a few people with the TC on the snow wolf had problems. Not sure if anybody here has experienced any issues. Thanks again for all the welcomes!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Biggest Flaw with All TC mods or any other device ever made:

Human Interface

Some figure out some don't

Totally agree. Especially when it comes to complaints about TC not producing the same vapor as kanthal. The amount of vapor that is produces is entirely dependent on the size and temperature of the coil. You can make all the same fancy coils with TC builds as you can with kanthal, so it's really just a question of the difference in temperature. Quite simply, if they aren't getting the same vapor with TC then they aren't turning the temperature high enough. Far too many TC users hear that dry cotton scorches at 425F and are afraid to set their TC mods any higher. TC works really well at the 500+F range when you're using it as a safety to prevent dry hits, not as a limiter to prevent heat.

Reactions: xtwosm0kesx

Hemodude

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
Somewhere else
One of my best setups. .10 ohms twisted 32g nickel on one of my In'Ax Mk11 BF drippers. I run this at 450F and just adore it.
aCObq2T.jpg

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
That's my main issue with TC, more air less heat. Ya I can set a TC build to 560f and close air flow so a warm vape, but I prefer a very slight restricted lung hit. All the current tanks/builds I use average about 60-95watts, where RDA's can be as low as the tanks(60watts) but can see upwards of 120watts. I just can't get that with a TC build.

Hemodude

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
Somewhere else
That's my main issue with TC, more air less heat. Ya I can set a TC build to 560f and close air flow so a warm vape, but I prefer a very slight restricted lung hit. All the current tanks/builds I use average about 60-95watts, where RDA's can be as low as the tanks(60watts) but can see upwards of 120watts. I just can't get that with a TC build.
I'm happiest with 1mm to 1.5mm airflow. I could not care less about clouds, I'm about the flavor. I've also been known to run a twisted 32g nickel build in my Kayfuns and Hurricanes

AndrewJ

Aug 27, 2015
Hello all! I'm new and wanted to create my first thread. So I'm Just curious what everybody else thinks about the 3li as compared to the sigeli 150w Tc or other temp controlled devices. I already have the 3li, but looking for opinions on other devices. Thanks guys!
I prefer the sigeli 150w Tc

Reactions: Hemodude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread