Tenergy 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightrain

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Louisiana
Tomorrow my first mech mod comes in. An atomo v2 clone. Instead of ordering the batteries and charger at the same time, I wanted to get them from my local shop. Bought Sony vtc5 and the efest 18350 but they were sold out of chargers. There's a battery plus in town that has a tenergy charger that comes with 2 18650 batteries. Price isn't bad but are these batteries safe to use as well? I think these are them. Card: 2 Tenergy 3.7V 2600mAh Lithium-Ion 18650 Button Top Battery with PCB Protection and 1 Tenergy Li-Ion TN270 Battery Charger

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to using my new toy but if I need to wait I will.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I wouldn't even consider using those batteries in a mech mod, you've said you have some Sony VTC5...please just stick to using those. Those Tenergy cells are Lithium-Ion chemistry with a protection circuit board, one of the last things you would ever want in a mech mod IMO.

Edit: Tenergy lists the drain rating for those batteries at 3.9C, that would mean the maximum discharge rating is 10 amps. I would never use them in a mech with such a low rating, personally. Especially since they are Lithium-Ion not IMR chemistry.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The charger might be a decent charger, but you can do far better. I would not waste my money on any ICR protected battery. Use only a high-drain, safe-chemistry IMR or IMR/hybrid battery for use in any mod.

I recommend purchasing an Xtar, Pila, Nitecore, or Efest charger from RTD Vapor. You'll get the charger within 3 - 4 days via their fast shipping.

RTD Vapor

Battery Basics for Mods

Rechargeable Batteries

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread