Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Snow,
Just abandon it? (again)

Many member leave, for many reasons...
Since you have absolutely NO content, posts, or photos associated with your account, what are you hoping to gain? You have not been here in almost 4 years, why is closing an unused account important after years of inactivity?

Cheers
I

The site does NOT require anyone to register to browse. It is all completely open and free.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Was redoing all my passwords, how they're stored, etc. Found this account that I had admittedly forgotten about. Just closing loose ends
Just change the password to something completely and utterly ridiculous, like a long string of gibberish. Copy/paste it in to confirm the password change.

Voila, even you can't get in. Not many places actually close/delete an account. Not sure what the problem is with just letting it go? If you want it locked out, put in a really jacked up password and move on.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Was redoing all my passwords, how they're stored, etc. Found this account that I had admittedly forgotten about. Just closing loose ends
Modern software does not store peoples' passwords. It will store an irreversible hash of their password. When you enter your password, it the hash is calculated again and compared to the stored hash. Now I am not absolutely certain that Xenforo works this way, but it is modern enough that I would expect that it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread