Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
So, I got the 2mm wick, and it works great. I used the locking ring between the base and mouth to grab one of the NR legs, as I'd seen in a video somewhere(?).

There's a big bubble in the clear tank, and I started getting dry hits at some point and assumed it was the bubble's fault, or it was getting low. So, I pulled off the top cap and...there's plenty of liquid in it. But, I topped it off anyhow, screwed the top back on and it had leaked like 1-2mls out the bottom. Did I do something wrong? Was it the pressure of sealing the top that shoved it out the bottom? How do I fix this? Is there a way to get rid of that bubble, so that it shows how much is actually in the tank?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Most folks are putting tape on the end of the mouth piece and chucking it up in a drill and grinding off the knurled like pattern from the base of the mouth piece.
Did you have the mouth piece closed when you opened it?( it needs to be) Was the collar loose when you screwed on the tank top?(it needs to be) and tightened good last.

Every time that I secure the ground wire under the locking ring I have flooding problems. I wrap the negative wire around the wick about four times in the area just below where the locking ring will be. If you have the locking ring on the ceramic housing near the area to wrap it can be pretty easy, you need to ensure it doesn't start bunching up when you screw in the housing, using a tooth pick to keep it pushed in helps with that.

I have Four Terms and no flooding problems, I use this method on 3 of them, the forth has a ver 2 housing

Last edited:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
every time that i secure the ground wire under the locking ring i have flooding problems. I wrap the negative wire around the wick about four times in the area just below where the locking ring will be. If you have the locking ring on the ceramic housing near the area to wrap it can be pretty easy, you need to ensure it doesn't start bunching up when you screw in the housing, using a tooth pick to keep it pushed in helps with that.

^^^this^^^

I had those same flooding issues the first time I built my Terminator-C, and I had used the "ground wire under the locking ring" method. I tore it apart after about half a day, and re-built it by wrapping the ground wire round the wick in the side channel, and all the flooding issues went away. It rarely even gurgles now--only when I open the mouthpiece too much when it gets low...

Last edited:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
My primary atty is a GG Penelope, and the only real major difference that I've noticed was: The knurling on the mouth-piece, and that the ceramic goes down both channels. Penelope's ceramic only takes one channel, the other is blank, so you can just lay the wire in there and it makes contact.

Is the bubble actually causing any damage, starving the wick or trapping the liquid in the top half?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
There are two ways to get the bubble, one way is filling it too quickly and this can be eliminated by tilting the Term as if pouring a beer and the other way is vaping it and having the bubbles come from the inside of the mouth piece. As long as the bubble doesn't take up the whole area around the exposed wick channels I doubt if it has much of a negative result. Just my opinion

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
That's probably true. It doesn't seem to be interferring with vaping most of the time, except when the tank is actually getting in to the empty stage, but that's to be expected. It's just annoying because it sort of removes the whole point of having the clear tank section. I mean, even when it's freshly filled, it looks like it's low. :)

Will definitely be going at it with some sandpaper when I get a chance.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I put tape on the end of the mouthpiece and chucked it into my drill and used a grinding wheel (I just held it in my hand) ran the drill and put the stone against it to get the first step of it off. Wear eye protection. Finish off with sand paper going for coarse to fine, it's about a 20 min. operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread