Terms, items, parts and pieces...need definitions, plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunka

May 31, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I recently started vaping. I bought my kit from RTV in TN. A Stardust starter kit. Two plastic tanks with wicks, two 1000ma/h batteries, a charger, carrying case and two e liquids. I've bought two more tanks and four different flavored liquids.
I have a basic understanding of the vaping process, heat and mist. I assume a coil produces the heat and the wicks provide a path for the juice to get to the coil.

Here is my dilemma, I want to upgrade to a larger tank. Before I do, I need to know, what is the difference between a clearomizer and a cartomizer. Which is better for a newbie to vaping? My current stock set-up provides about 10 hours of vaping per tank. I can see myself doing much more so, I want to increase my "on-board" supply of e liquid and possibly increase vapor production at the same time.

What is "steeping"? Some liquids benefit from steeping, according the catalogue.

What is an atomizer and would I benefit from using one?

A "drip spout" is the mouth-piece, right?

I'm looking forward to absorbing knowledge. Thanks in advance! :)

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Welcome to ECF and congrats on making the switch!

Baditudes blogs can help you familiarize yourself with some of the terminology.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3230-1-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html

Steeping is letting an e-liquid sit (or other various methods to speed up the process) to allow flavors to properly meld/bland together and can effect the flavor of some, if not many, juices.

Generally a 'drip tip' is any removable mouthpiece (usually 510) used on an atomizer, there are an endless # of types and styles.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
If going tanked, then your choices are a cartomizer tank, a carto uses a cartridge that has the coil inside and the juice seeps into punched holes in the cartridge. Then there is changeable coil head tanks, where you have a coil with a wick inside a head that is easily replaceable. Or one can venture into the re-buildable atomizers. rba's. This is where one wraps their own coils, mounts them and wicks them. It's more for advanced users, but does provide the best vape possible, once one becomes competent. The path you choose is up to you.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Below are some blog posts by ECF member Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments.
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread