Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don’t know what exactly is banned, I can tell you that “natural” flavorings are a concept based on a peculiarity of USA law about the official technical definition of the word natural that may not apply outside of the US.

Basically natural flavorings don’t actually exist. They only appear to due to a peculiarity of the way “natural” is defined in US law. There are a very few exceptions such as where, say, orange oil actually tastes like oranges, but for the vast majority of flavorings the “natural” version is the exact same chemical used in the artificial flavoring, but merely obtained from an organic source which may or may not (usually not) have anything at all to do with the original food being mimicked.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
If your post was dealing with the topic of "natural" products, that can be considered drug related, then yes it will be banned... even if it is not psychoactive. You might want to read the forum rules to see what is/isn't permitted (other things can also get a thread deleted). You also can read Why we don't allow drug talk (if applicable).

I hope that helps. :)

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
If your post was dealing with the topic of "natural" products, that can be considered drug related, then yes it will be banned... even if it is not psychoactive. You might want to read the forum rules to see what is/isn't permitted (other things can also get a thread deleted). You also can read Why we don't allow drug talk (if applicable).

I hope that helps. :)
the post was about making summer juice using terpenes
can't see anything in the rules checked x2

I'm i missing something

"considered drug related" air and water could be technically drug related

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
the post was about making summer juice using terpenes
can't see anything in the rules checked x2

I'm i missing something

"considered drug related" air and water could be technically drug related

Since terpenes can be derived from a plant that is not allowed to be discussed here (threads about C B D, usually hemp, have been deleted as well), that's probably why.

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
I don't get this conversation. Since when does "natural" mean drug related? Terpines are typically citrus extracted not necessarily related to a popular weed. It is like the tower of Babel. No wonder people get confused on these forums.
I vape only "natural" tobacco extracts. I guess I am at risk getting banned too.
madness
water can be taken from that plant
ban the talk of water ??
are we allowed to say i had a orange today for snack because the same flavour profile init that can be found in a plant that is banned in some places

you Americans are nutty as hell

we would be better have a list of words we are allowed to use when signing in and a reminder popup when we try to add a thread or reply

looks like im of to find a better forum

:D :D

Attachments

• giphy (30).gif
    giphy (30).gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Since terpenes can be derived from a plant that is not allowed to be discussed here (threads about C B D, usually hemp, have been deleted as well), that's probably why.
what are you talking about

terpenes are derived from every plant!!!!!!!

thay are just flavours in a more pure form,
being taken from one plant to the next doesn't change that flavours profile it is the same no matter what it as taken from

just because one plant has them too and that plant is banned in some places does this means we can't talk about making ejuice from these flavours

do we now have to look into what flavours we use to make our ejuice to make sure we are not posting about making juice with a terpine made flavouring.

terpines are just pure forms of flavour without a carrier liquid

or is it ok for us to use and post flavours from company's like inw, tpa etc because they are in a carrier liquid(ie less pure form) and are mixed with other synthetic flavours ???

hopefully everyone can see the madness about the terpines talk ban a little clearer now

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Terpene - Wikipedia

Wikipedia says not all plants even. Mostly conifers and some insects.

This sounds like the whole “natural flavoring” thing.

A more complete explanation:
To get a flavoring you have to go down to the molecular level. At that level the place from which a molecule was derived or it’s method of forming ceases to matter. As a result “natural flavorings” are generally easier to derive from things that they don’t “naturally” come from, and on a commercial basis generally are. Digging a given terpenoid out of, say, some exotic tropical tree bark instead of the fruit the flavoring mimics is easier, and technically still “natural” so that is where it comes from because capitalism. Even if the terpenoid is derived from the actual food the flavoring is designed to mimic, which no one generally does because the cost is astronomical, it’s still the exact same molecule as that gotten from, say, petrochemical waste, at far lower cost. This whole thing is so prevalent that “natural flavorings” are generally created as imitations of artificial flavorings using “naturally sourced” chemicals to acquire the “natural flavoring” label. They’re just a whole lot more expensive without any actual difference from the artificial one.
Natural flavorings are therefore effectively fake. They don’t DO anything except cost more.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac-nutty

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I remember reading the thread posts, before it got pulled. IIRC, there were a couple of ____ used in it, instead of a word. Another member even said that he/she "got it"...as to what terpenes you were probably talking about, ;) , without mentioning them and using a blank instead. Pretty sure that was probably seen as trying to evade ECF filters. But, that's just a guess based on what I'd read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread