Tesla Issue and possible resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

merge5

Apr 11, 2011
North Carolina
I've had a Tesla for a few months now (Thanks Linc!) and have been quite pleased overall. However, upon extended usage, I've noticed that it just would not power certain atomizer/clearomizer/tank combinations and ones that it previously had. It would give sub-1 ohm readings for resistance and produce no vapor/aerosol.

After much experimentation I believe I have figured out the cause. It appears that the spring driven pin looses it's elasticity, i.e., springyness. Either due to grime or what I think is spring load. If I remove the battery and "tighten" the pin with a screwdriver it returns to normal activity. This could be totally off-base but the pin seems to loose some force from removal of atomizers and requires a little tightening over time.

Just my observations but hope this helps some if they are experiencing similar issues.

Matt

merge5

Apr 11, 2011
North Carolina
Welcome , but your not alone , in that particular problem . A lot of the devices have the same problem , and have to be tightened up , after continued use . The Vamo , loses it's little , white gasket/o-ring . Then needs to be replaced with a new one . Otherwise only reads low , or 0 ohms .

Thanks and good to know.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Hmm this is making me wonder if a Vamo is a better buy for me when it comes to getting my first Mod.

I love my Vamo. Here is the *secret* that a lot of new vapers seem to miss... You don't have to torque a tank or atty on to a Vamo, or any other mod for that matter, to get it to fire. Snug enough to fire is *fine*! Don't over tighten it and you'll NEVER have a problem.

It's a relatively tiny attachment screwing into fine threads made for light, finger tightening only... Not head bolts on a high performance racing engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread