Tesla mod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikario

Apr 13, 2013
Colorado
Just like Demoness said, I'm glad someone is updating this thread. It's good to know that the Tesla can take a beating. What branch are you in? I was in the USAF, Security Police. Thanks for doing a tough job out there. Stay safe brother. :)
Btw- As soon as I receive my Tesla I'm going to ask the forum owner to start a sub forum for Tesla owners. I'll try to let everyone know if and when it going to happen, either through a new post or a pm. If you guys and girls want to get involved you can send me a friend request and a pm so I'll have a list of names. Maybe I'll ask them to call it T.O.G.-Tesla owners group. :)

Rgr that I would certainly be up for the T.O.G.!! It would be a pretty good spot as I see this being my main and possibly ONLY APV until it dies and gets replaced.... I added ya Dannyboy5691... As for my service... Im in the Army and work in intelligence...

VaWildlife

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Richmond, VA
I've been using a Tesla for several months now and haven't had issue one. The menu does take sometime to get use to but other than that it's second nature once you have it down. It would have been nice if the OLED was centered and filled the view window better but that's just cosmetic and has nothing to do with function. So far it's solid and dependable and a real eye catcher just from it's size and style. I've dropped it a few times and it never failed due to impact, also I've only used AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh batteries and it's had no issues. One thing, I can't get my T-2 to fit on the ego connection, but with an adapter it did fine. I don't have any ego connecting atomizers but will let you know how the EVOD I orders does. I'd have to recommend this VV/VW mod to others that don't mind size.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I just ordered one of these too. Money is tight, really wanted another ProVari but at half the price, I am willing to give it a whirl. The OP scared me a little with the battery issue, but hopefully she got it resolved. We'll see. They didn't have the chrome finish I wanted, so I ordered black, it looked equally cool.

Anyone have a Provari? If so, how does it compare?

Sikario

Apr 13, 2013
Colorado
I just ordered one of these too. Money is tight, really wanted another ProVari but at half the price, I am willing to give it a whirl. The OP scared me a little with the battery issue, but hopefully she got it resolved. We'll see. They didn't have the chrome finish I wanted, so I ordered black, it looked equally cool.

Anyone have a Provari? If so, how does it compare?

I dont personally own a Provari, but I have coworkers who do. At first they were a bit freaked out by the design of the Tesla. But once they messed around with the menu they liked the menu features and the addition of the second button. Now, I upon utilizing their provari's must say I enjoyed the sort of "satin" like feel of the provari but in functionality it was, at least to me, the same. It still fired, it still pushed the same volts, etc. So it comes down really to is the menu/buttons a big deal to you, does the price factor into your thoughts?

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I dont personally own a Provari, but I have coworkers who do. At first they were a bit freaked out by the design of the Tesla. But once they messed around with the menu they liked the menu features and the addition of the second button. Now, I upon utilizing their provari's must say I enjoyed the sort of "satin" like feel of the provari but in functionality it was, at least to me, the same. It still fired, it still pushed the same volts, etc. So it comes down really to is the menu/buttons a big deal to you, does the price factor into your thoughts?

Yes, I already have a Provari but need a backup with money being tight. A 2nd Provari is cost prohibitive right now but want something reliable.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Just got it this morning and fired it up! I was totally waiting for the 'rattlesnake' sound but I don't hear anything. It seems to work fantastic! Been having an issue with Protanks and the pin getting pushed in the bottom somehow, making it not work sometimes on my Provari. The spring loaded pin on the Tesla solved that problem! So far it works great! I got the black one (they were out of chrome) and I'm very happy with the looks.

Is it odd to have a Protank work on a Provari but not on the Tesla? How strange. I have 3 protanks, 2 of them work on the Tesla; one doesn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread