Test Passed thanks to my e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeMom

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2012
Midwest
I have been vaping for 11 days today and really love it. Last night I passed, what in my mind was a huge test, I went up to the bar for a couple of drinks and did not bum a analog from anyone. I did not even feel the desire to bum one and go out with the rest of the smokers. To me this is a big victory because every other time I have tried to quit analogs going to the bar and drinking was always my downfall.
As a matter of fact, one of the ladies who has been using her own e-cig and I started comparing devices at the table and I was letting her experiment with the different flavors I have. Our table looked like a science class. Ha, ha.
This may not seem exciting to anyone else however, to me it is huge!!:)

dave240

Nov 25, 2012
edmonton
Its an accomplishment for sure, I think most smokers feel the strong urge to puff analogs when your out drinking, im in Edmonton, smoking is banned in all public places, I think i would feel wierd vaping in those spots,.....I think the Vaping is such an awesome way to get off analogs, ive not purchased analogs for 6 weeks now, my lungs feel better already.....and I cant wait to get my banner...

Dave in Edmonton

It's not just you it's a huge test for almost anybody that drinks and smokes. If I'm out it's a little easier just don't bring any cigs with me but once I get home I have cigs in the fridge (becuase I smoke so little they would go stale) and it's all over once I see my cigs when I have a buzz.

I know some people that normally go all week without smoking or vaping but become instant smokers once they start drinking.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've just about reached the point where I don't even bother vaping anymore except for when I am drinking.
In fact, if not for drinking, I might nearly just about stop vaping altogether.

Although I do sometimes need to vape some WTA juice when things get stressful.
But other than that, yeah, I just don't bother for the most part.

Last edited:

Boni

Oct 17, 2012
Reno
Congrats!! It's day 74 for my husband and myself. Still have one pack of unopened analogs-just in case at first, now just keeping it to prove to myself that it doesn't bother me. Used to drink too and I usually smoked a pack or more just when drinking. Used to smoke a lot at my computer too, but vaping is just as satisfying to me now. I have purchased extra batteries during all these Christmas sales, just so I don't have the problem of a dead or dying battery. The pass throughs are great at home. I just use a USB hub (not plugged into the computer) on the couch while charging another battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread