Testing juices question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnP

Jan 28, 2016
My bf has the Kanger Subox with subohm tank and I have the Kanger Nano with the nano subtank. I am going to order a sampler pack of juices to try as we are just getting back into vaping....I still have my ego twist with the outdated tank...lol. Anyway, my question.....I want to get multiple inexpensive clearomizers or the like to sample the juices and even play around with mixes. What would you suggest that would give a similar taste as our Kanger subtanks?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I personally found that some juices don't taste the same if used in a basic CE4 or CE5 clearo but that's the cheapest way!
Exactly.
First, I'll start with a disclaimer. Not everyone wants to get into rebuilding. Some folks don't have the time, and some just aren't interested.

But.

I've found the best way to judge a flavor is to test it at (or near) the same power levels that you're going to be vaping at on a day to day basis. If you're usually vaping around 25 watts, testing an e-liquid at lower power won't give you the whole picture.
That being said, if you're looking at getting into DIY, I'd suggest taking a look at an inexpensive RDA, learning how to build, and shoot for a build that's as close to your everyday vape as possible. That way, IMO, you're getting a better representation of how something will vape in your every day setup.
:2c:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1. Coil value and power level make a flavor difference. Testing juuce is best done at the same levels you will be vaping. The best way to do this, I have found, is with a dripper, an RDA. You can buy a clone for 10-15 bucks, and a vape shop will coil it for you fairly cheaply. Then all you have to do is wash it and rewick to try a new juice.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
A cheap RDA is going to work out cheaper than disposable clearos.

I think we all had/have this thought from time to time. It's not so crazy. But if you have a proper e-cig mod battery, an RDA is the best solution.

and, as someone said.... you can vape it at the same power and with the same wick and wire build as your tanks. Perfect! :)

Reactions: DawnP

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Might like to look at the deep well Magma RDA clones. I have seen them for under $10. If your just testing, you can prime the wick only and add a few drops to the well. Whats really nice, is you can easily build a coil on this RDA. Magma's shine for flavor not great clouds. If you decide on a Magma, suggest to get only one to start. All Magma clones are not built the same. This is true of all RDA clones machined.
Might want to look on You tube "vape:how to build a coil".

Reactions: DawnP

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You don't HAVE to get a RBA dripper to sample multiple flavors. Old schoolers still use disposable 510 drip atomizers. They last 2 - 3 months, are relatively inexpensive, and you can change flavors on a whim. The coils are dry burned clean; there's no wick to burn.

atomizer-3_zpsb9f3eb17.jpg
510 drip atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread