Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I have TFA and Capella's apple pie. Honestly, I don't like the TFA version nearly as much as CAP. It's kinda bland. I only mixed TFA once and had similar results. It would probably benefit you mixed it with other flavors.

CAP is pretty good alone but really shines with a little cinnamon (like cin danish) and some creme, caramel, or vanilla. I'm interested in anyone who has had good apple pie success with TFA. I would take another chance with it but I'm sticking with CAP for now.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Also remember that over flavoring will lead to weak or no flavor. My advice when testing any new mix is make 5 - 5ml test samples and start at 4% for test 1 6% for test 2 8% for test 3 10% for test 4 and 12% for test 5. This will help you zero in on the sweet spot without needing to do endless trial and error.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I started at 12.5% because that is what another forum member recommended. If my 15% batch taste stronger then I will know I am going in the right direction. At 12.5% I could taste it because I knew it was in there. If someone had just handed it to me and ask me about flavor I would probably said there was none or at the least not have been able to identify it.

rodus

Dec 4, 2013
wheeling, wv, usa
Just received my TFA apple pie today, first mix at 5%, and wasn't really good, so i did a separate 15%. its only steeped for an hour. im going to let it steep for a week and cross my fingers, because i must say my initial taste tells me it is misspelled, The P's in apple should be replaced with S's
apple pie = assle pie
If it still tastes the same in a week, i'll add some cinnamon.

I should also add the fact that im using a used atty that was cleaned with vodka, when new atty's arrive, i'll try it steeped and in a clean att. then post a follow up.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
Just received my TFA apple pie today, first mix at 5%, and wasn't really good, so i did a separate 15%. its only steeped for an hour. im going to let it steep for a week and cross my fingers, because i must say my initial taste tells me it is misspelled, The P's in apple should be replaced with S's
apple pie = assle pie
If it still tastes the same in a week, i'll add some cinnamon.

I should also add the fact that im using a used atty that was cleaned with vodka, when new atty's arrive, i'll try it steeped and in a clean att. then post a follow up.

I gave up on mine and moved on to something else.

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Im thinking something like this....
10% apple pie
2% granny smith
3% cinnamon danish
1% bavarian or sweet cream or even dulche de leche
I'm gonna fool with this when I get home.
Round it out with about 2 drops of apple cider vinegar per 10ml and 1% em

Thanks for the idea Savage! I just tweaked a little to more my liking. :vapor:

rodus

Dec 4, 2013
wheeling, wv, usa
well, it steeped for 2 weeks, tastes pretty good at first, gave some to two friends, we all went are seperate ways for the day, but when we got together the next day we all agreed the stuff was burning are throats so bad we couldnt do more than a few vapes, i dont know why... cant vape it and that sucks! after i tasted it steeped, i said to my self, damn thats good, so i made 100ml... now i got 100ml of concentrated soar throat. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread