Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Everything needs at least a 24 hour steep before tasting IMO.

I normally try each flavor as standalone. I start around 3-5% and move up from there if needed. Everyones tastes are very different so what may be a great % for one person, may be too strong/weak for you.

ETA- We do have a DIY subforum here. You will find a lot of good info there. DIY E-Liquid

Good luck with DIY. It can be a lot of fun :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
TFA Flavor Percentage Recommendations
Rule of thumb I try to follow:

1. Try to choose two or more good published recipes which you might think you would like.
2. buy only what you need for those recipes.
3. Play/Adjust with those 2 or more recipes with %'s/flavors (may need to buy addit. flavors) until you perfect/get the most out of them.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Rule of thumb I try to follow:

1. Try to choose two or more good published recipes which you might think you would like.
2. Buy only what you need for those recipes.
3. Play/Adjust with those 2 or more recipes with %'s/flavors (may need to buy addit. flavors) until you perfect/get the most out of them.
That's how I started.:)

There are many additives and flavor combinations that will enhance a mix. Things like creams, custards, caramels, marshmallow and graham cracker are very common components in a lot of recipes. These are good to have on hand, especially when you start to get confident and want more complexity in your flavors.

A little research goes a long way in perfecting a mix. Below is the information I often give to members new to DIY.
  • Dannyv45's blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice. => dannyv45 - Blogs
  • Hoosier's blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives. =>Hoosier - Blogs
For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp and video tutorial on using it (if you are mixing by volume).
Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.
DIY Recipe Sites

Reactions: Keen95
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread