TFA Maple Syrup

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Holy crap! I'm a huge fan of maple syrup so I ordered this from Wizard Labs and tried it in a recipe and it's really, really, really strong!
I used 4% combined with 2 other flavors but all I could taste was maple syrup. Cleaned my atomizer and put in my ADV and still all I could taste and smell was maple syrup. Went to the pub thinking it would fade until a friend walked in and asked if they were serving pancakes! This stuff is strong! Anyone who used this in a way where it adds a nice touch instead of drowning a person in sweetness?

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I only tested it once alone as a test batch. Wow, I mixed it at 10% and my notes say that I thought it was a bit weak. I also tested Maple (not syrup) and liked that better.

Sometimes when one uses too much (like maybe I did), it starts to weaken the flavor. 10-15% was the recommendation I read on a posted concentration spreadsheet but that's just one or two opinions. Perhaps I should try it lower.

But, back to your point. I'd suggest you simply try lowering the concentration until you get it where you want it. If 4% is "really really strong", dial it back to 0.5%. Also, like many flavors this one may also take some time so try mixing it low, leave it for a week or so and try it again. If I were you, I'd make 2-3 batches (.5%, 1% and 1.5%), set them aside and forget about them for a few weeks.

Reactions: BLAX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread