Maple >:\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I've literally vaped a GVC clone and nothing else for years. I was in Quebec recently and fell in love with a regional dessert, pouding chômeur. I've been making it in the kitchen, and I want to come up with a recipe for a juice. In the meantime, I ordered a bottle of Cap Maple Syrup and added some to my GVC clone. Don't like it. Tastes like corn syrup and margarine, not maple.

Maple is such a fantastic and unique flavor. It has to be right or it sticks out like a sore thumb. The Cap is a little off putting. I've read enough to disqualify FA and LA, and my history with NF has been more miss than hit so I wasn't going to bother. I just ordered a bottle of TFA Maple Deluxe, but in case that is not it do you guys have any suggestions? I want a maple that tastes like 100% maple syrup, which I am going to have to alter with small amounts of other flavorings for the maple caramel in the pouding chômeur, but I like the idea of a light touch of plain natural maple flavor in my everyday custard vape too. I can only think of FW and FLV as possible alternatives, and I have no experience with FLV and have only used a couple FW flavors with good result in the past. Appreciate your help

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I want to come up with a recipe for a juice.
Could try something close to these descriptions to make pouding chomeur:
Cream and maple syrup over a simple cake batter.
Vanilla cake cooked in its very own creamy maple sauce.
For sauce effect, might look at known any pudding/sauce recipe base to extrapolate.
Examp:
CAP Vanilla Custard 4.50%
Flavorah Vanilla Pudding 1.50%
FA Custard Premium 1.50%
CAP Sugar Cookie 0.75%
As to finding the possible maples:
re: DIY Vapor Supply
If I where you, I"d give up trying to find a perfect clone, it will drive you crazy.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I'll add to these as I get new flavors in.

Capella Maple Syrup (2%)
Doesn't taste like maple, it tastes like bad store brand pancake syrup and margarine. Seems abnormally strong for a Cap and takes over your recipe. Gunks up coils pretty quick which is a dealbreaker for me also.

TFA Maple Deluxe (2%)
This is a big step in the right direction. Tastes and smells good if not overwhelmingly like 100% real maple. Next batch I make I am increasing to 3% to see what that does and whether it presents more maple or not. Not quite what I was looking for in a maple, but a very good flavor and one I am pretty sure I am going to start adding to my vanilla custard recipe. Light in color and doesn't seem to gunk up coils at all.

Millions81

May 21, 2019
I've been on a maple kick lately. Have heard nothing but bad about the cap. Tpa maple syrup is what I've been using but just got in: tpa maple (assume this is same as deluxe, got this from gremlin), fw maple & will be ordering fa maple syrup this weekend as I see that used more & more, it's very powerful from everything I've seen.
The tpa maple syrup definitely grows a bit. I look forward to putting them all side x side hopefully by the end of next week :)
I'll let you know what I think & would love to hear any updates on your testing as well.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
TFA'a comments on their two offerings:
upload_2019-5-21_19-1-38.png

upload_2019-5-21_19-2-41.png

(Source)

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Could try something close to these descriptions to make pouding chomeur:
Cream and maple syrup over a simple cake batter.
Vanilla cake cooked in its very own creamy maple sauce.
For sauce effect, might look at known any pudding/sauce recipe base to extrapolate.
Examp:
CAP Vanilla Custard 4.50%
Flavorah Vanilla Pudding 1.50%
FA Custard Premium 1.50%
CAP Sugar Cookie 0.75%
As to finding the possible maples:
re: DIY Vapor Supply
If I where you, I"d give up trying to find a perfect clone, it will drive you crazy.
Where did you find the Custard Premium (FA)?

Reactions: BrotherBob

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I am going to break down and get the NF and LA along with the TFA so I've exhausted all the options. I'll post what I think after working with them.

The Cap is a bust, can't recommend it.
May I ask what percentage you used the FA Maple? It can be a nuclear experience if you use even a tad too much. I found it to be the closest to real maple syrup when I used it at tiny percentages, 0.25 or less.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I've literally vaped a GVC clone and nothing else for years. I was in Quebec recently and fell in love with a regional dessert, pouding chômeur. I've been making it in the kitchen, and I want to come up with a recipe for a juice. In the meantime, I ordered a bottle of Cap Maple Syrup and added some to my GVC clone. Don't like it. Tastes like corn syrup and margarine, not maple.

Maple is such a fantastic and unique flavor. It has to be right or it sticks out like a sore thumb. The Cap is a little off putting. I've read enough to disqualify FA and LA, and my history with NF has been more miss than hit so I wasn't going to bother. I just ordered a bottle of TFA Maple Deluxe, but in case that is not it do you guys have any suggestions? I want a maple that tastes like 100% maple syrup, which I am going to have to alter with small amounts of other flavorings for the maple caramel in the pouding chômeur, but I like the idea of a light touch of plain natural maple flavor in my everyday custard vape too. I can only think of FW and FLV as possible alternatives, and I have no experience with FLV and have only used a couple FW flavors with good result in the past. Appreciate your help
What's GVC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread