The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

tfv12 prince vs unwell valyrian

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by drunky, Feb 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. drunky

drunky Full Member Verified Member

Jul 19, 2016
    I'm thinking about a new mod and tank set up. I'm thinking about the prince or the valyrian. Anyone have both that can give me pros and cons

the only thing that makes me think twice about the prince is that my original tfv8 cloud beast leaks like a .... all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bahamaman

Bahamaman Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I can't comment on the Valyrian, but I have had the Prince about a month. NO LEAKS, and I don't always keep it upright. It is favorite tank to date!

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    I don't have the Valyrian, so can't compare that. But I do have a TFV8 and some Prince tanks. No leaks with the Prince and other great features (to me) that have made my TFV8 obsolete and out of use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xxwhitexknightxx

xxwhitexknightxx Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I have both. Umm if u want to go through coils fast go with the Prince. If u want long coil longevity and a smooth saisitfying vape go with the valyrian. I got the valyrian and I have not even thought about Prince. Not even once. And coils last about 2-3 weeks of heavy 100w vaping. Not a few days and change coil

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Bahamaman

Bahamaman Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Not everyone will experience the short life coil life that you have on the Prince, xxwhitexknightxx. I use the .4 ohm coil on my Prince, and vape at the lower end of what the manufacturer recommends (about 50 watts). I find the flavor quite satisfying, and I'm getting 2 weeks on my coils before needing to replace.

Even so, I hope to try the Valyrian soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AshKicker

AshKicker Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Chicago
    If you want flavor with mellow clouds get the crown3 or valaryian. They have good coil life and are easy to change coils. The prince is one of smokes newer tanks and since they are selling so many they are mass producing coils like crazy and a lot are faulty. I’d go with the TFV8 imo. I own 3 myself and NEVER had a leaking issue. Just screw the coil to the top chimney first and you will have 0 leaks. Plus you has soooo many coil options for the TFV8 including
    • Eleaf ERL RBA
    • Eleaf ERLQ coils
    • Eleaf ES coils [100W Pick! - Impressive 140ml lifespan]
    • Geekvape i1+i4 coils
    • Horizontech DUOS coils
    • Horizontech Arco A6 coils
    • Horizontech Arco T6 coils
    • OBS V OCCoils
    • Sense Blazer 200 coils
    • SMOK TFV8 coils

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    I don't sub0hm so take that for what it's worth, but folks seem pretty consistently happy with the Uwell Crown (original or 3, 2 not so much) and coil life tends to be longer by most reports I've seen.

@AshKicker , you are the new expert on "what" coils go in "which" smok devices, it's great info I think, so thanks for compiling those lists. To the OP, I think if you like the tank other than coil life, trying some non-proprietary coils may help, and cost less. Do keep in mind that dark, sweet, or otherwise gunky juices (like NETs or WTA) may lessen coil life across the board, although some coils can handle more "gunk" than others and keep on going.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  8. AshKicker

AshKicker Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Color of juice has nothing to do with it. Juice that sits in the sun turn brown because the nicotine is having a reaction. Glucose is what ruins coils

• Like Like x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    I meant if it had food coloring in it, @AshKicker . I wasn't talking about a gradual darkening of the nicotine, which is, as you say, fairly harmless.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.