TFV4 On Alien 220 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, how did you break in the coils on the fixed wattage mod you had? I would/will say, start with some long inhales at NO wattage (don't hit the power button) and increase by 2 watt increments (continue priming, the idea is to use suction to start capillary action where your coil slowly gets eliquid inside and it breaks in. One logical place to stop (other than where it's vaping well would be at 60 watts ONLY every device is different. Depending on a variety of factors your smok stick may SAY it is a 60 watt fixed output that doesn't necessarily mean it IS that, though. Also, I have some mods that just convert power more efficiently than others, I have no idea why, other than it's the board.

If your coil is burnt/ruined, toss it, toss the juice, disassemble and wash the tank (and yes the O rings too). That's the only way you will find out what "works" with the Alien.

Best of luck,

Anna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
You fire the coil and take a normal vape you have to allow some ramp up time for the coils to heat up some...I lightly blow down till I see a nice plumb come out the airflow then refire but taking a vape. On the second vape soon after the first it only takes a moment and the coil gets red hot cause its well warmed up and if your not compensating the draw the coil or throat burns or both. Run a new coil 1/2 to 2/3 usual power setting for at least a tankful if its a tank your using, especially using factory coils that are tight wicked generally and learn to poke and praud a new coil to loosen the wicking a bit.
Put simply...you can't rush a new coil or build.

LiamR

Jun 22, 2018
I've had it on for a little while now and it runs fine, my boss loosened the wick a bit as he builds his own tanks etc. I'm trying to get the best experience possible out of it, after playing around with settings for the day I've found it runs better for me at 290° @ 80W power in temp mode, I never really used it before on my 220TC but it seems to do a better job of keeping the tank temp lower

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread