Status
Not open for further replies.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Hello,

The TFV8 Q2 coil has 2 o-rings at the bottom, i changed the top one from
the replacements that came with the smok 220w kit, and I am wondering
where can I buy new ones?
I searched on ebay: Metric Nitrile Rubber O Rings 1mm Pack of 10/50/100 Cross Section 4mm-45mm OD | eBay

Could this be what I'm looking for?
Or am I getting something wrong here, what about the sizes?
I tried also searching for the TFV8 baby replacement kit,
but there were no 10mmx1mm ones.

Thank you. :)

Reactions: stols001

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Im kinda wondering too, why are you changing the orings on a coil head? Those spares in the kit are not for coil heads, like storm said, theyre for the tank and drip tip.
The spare o-rings aren't for the coils. They usually are replacement for the tank and drip tip.
Welcome to ECF.
Why are you changing the orings?

Well, it might be dumb for me to say, but I tried cleaning the coil with vinegar instead of alcohol,
I saw some great results online, but for me, the rubber ring deformed, expanded and now it's useless.
Now I'm searching for a replacement.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Letitia

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Replace the coil head. These things cannot be cleaned effectively enough to be considered reusable, no matter what you saw online. This is from my own personal experience with smok coils. They are designed to be expendable and should be considered as such.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Smok drop ins can last longer with rinsing but the trick is to clean every 2-3 days so the cotton and coil don't get gunk build up.
Warm water rinse from the tap and drop in a shot glass of alcohol. Personally I would just learn how to build the rba head and use it.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Replace the coil head. These things cannot be cleaned effectively enough to be considered reusable, no matter what you saw online. This is from my own personal experience with smok coils. They are designed to be expendable and should be considered as such.
Well, the coils in the shops here are very overpriced, cause vaping isn't so popular here, and there was
no real reason to order brand new ones cause I'm getting GeekVape Zeus Dual RTA soon. But thanks for making everything clear :)

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Smok drop ins can last longer with rinsing but the trick is to clean every 2-3 days so the cotton and coil don't get gunk build up.
Warm water rinse from the tap and drop in a shot glass of alcohol. Personally I would just learn how to build the rba head and use it.
Thanks for the recommendation! Well I'm getting GeekVape Zeus Dual RTA soon, that's what I've wanted so far. I think it'll be good for my SMOK Alien 220w,as far as I've seen in many reviews.

• Agree

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
The Zeus will work famously on the alien. Rta's open up a whole new universe of vaping. Key things you need to get right are coil placement in relation to air holes and proper wicking. Once you master these things, you'll be vaping like a pro. I started with the baby beast myself and had a couple other smok tanks as well, but once I went the rebuilbable route, I rarely look back. I'm using the wotofo bravo rta, in fact, I liked it so much I have 2 of them.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
The Zeus will work famously on the alien. Rta's open up a whole new universe of vaping. Key things you need to get right are coil placement in relation to air holes and proper wicking. Once you master these things, you'll be vaping like a pro. I started with the baby beast myself and had a couple other smok tanks as well, but once I went the rebuilbable route, I rarely look back. I'm using the wotofo bravo rta, in fact, I liked it so much I have 2 of them.
Glad to know! There weren't actually any topics online besides mine, where people discuss SMOK Alien 220W + GeekVape Zeus Dual RTA, so I'm happy about any good feedback as it gets :). I'll definetly check out the Bravo as I'll do with the OBS engine and Themis.

Reactions: Coyote628
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread