TFV8 Baby T8 Coil Newbie advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3NSH1R0

Nov 14, 2016
Hi Guys great looking forum!! Wealth of information and I look forward to getting a better understanding of vaping.

Just a quick question?

I'm relatively new to vaping and after vaping for about 2 months I thought I'd upgrade from a Kanger Topbox Mini to a Smok alien.

I've been using the Q2 coil since I bought it but last night I decided to try out the T8 coil.
It gave a great vape but the one thing that concerned me was that the display was showing 19amps when at 50w, I'm using LG HG2 batteries at the moment but also have Samsung 25rs.

If I've read correctly these batteries are relatively safe at this current but would I be right in saying that I shouldn't really up the power from 50w in case I go over 20amps?

I've since put the Q2 back in for now but would like to go back to the T8.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Reactions: K3NSH1R0

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi Guys great looking forum!! Wealth of information and I look forward to getting a better understanding of vaping.

Just a quick question?

I'm relatively new to vaping and after vaping for about 2 months I thought I'd upgrade from a Kanger Topbox Mini to a Smok alien.

I've been using the Q2 coil since I bought it but last night I decided to try out the T8 coil.
It gave a great vape but the one thing that concerned me was that the display was showing 19amps when at 50w, I'm using LG HG2 batteries at the moment but also have Samsung 25rs.

If I've read correctly these batteries are relatively safe at this current but would I be right in saying that I shouldn't really up the power from 50w in case I go over 20amps?

I've since put the Q2 back in for now but would like to go back to the T8.

Thank you in advance.

The amp display on most mods show the amps at the atomizer. Useless information. Calculate the amp draw thusly:

Watts (add 10% to account for device inefficiency) / cutoff voltage = amps. Divide the amps with the number of batteries.

So with the two-battery Alien you're drawing about 8.6 amps per battery.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

K3NSH1R0

Nov 14, 2016
The amp display on most mods show the amps at the atomizer. Useless information. Calculate the amp draw thusly:

Watts (add 10% to account for device inefficiency) / cutoff voltage = amps. Divide the amps with the number of batteries.

So with the two-battery Alien you're drawing about 8.6 amps per battery.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Ahhhhh I see!! So I've got a lot left on each battery then which is a relief as I liked the vape off the coil but wanted a little more umphf.

I seriously have a lot to learn but in regards to battery safety so it's baby steps and a lot of questions.

Thank you KenD :thumbs:

Reactions: daviedog

K3NSH1R0

Nov 14, 2016
The best advice I can give is just keep asking remember they is no such thing as a dumb question.
It's reassuring to know I can ask questions but I will search before I ask as I do like to research first.
My main questions will be about batteries for now, but in the future I'll possibly venture into RBA's.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
It's reassuring to know I can ask questions but I will search before I ask as I do like to research first.
My main questions will be about batteries for now, but in the future I'll possibly venture into RBA's.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

Reactions: K3NSH1R0

K3NSH1R0

Nov 14, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread