Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Yp I searched and read a lot of TH posts already. Common statment is the higher the wattage the warmer the vape and the better the TH is. Now I know from analog smoking that there is a temp at witch nic becomes incinerated witch is why "hot boxing" your analog gave little or no nic hit but hellish throat burn. Since I've been tinkering the last few weeks I've noticed on lower settings like 3.4v I tend to get less vape and flavor but more of the nic feel (light head etc) and a TH that can make me cough. Higher settings give more vape , better flavor but less of the nic feel and the TH feels more like what I get when I purge a steam line and get an accidental breath of fresh hot steam. Reading some of the posts and juice reviews where high watts/volts are used and sub ohm (true sub ohm coils and not multi coil parallel set ups) it makes me wonder how many are actually mistaking steam burn from hot vapor for nic TH?

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I'd bet a significant number of people using commercially available attys and coil heads with VV/VW devices are mistaking burning juice for TH. The reason I say this is the large number of posts I've read over the years where people say things along the lines of "too much throat hit, it's like the back of my throat is on fire"

I've experienced that uncomfortable burn in the throat from vaping, but it's ways been from either running wicks dry or turning the power up too high on commercial coils. All I can say, is that's not what TH is supposed to feel like. It's supposed to be a thump, or a tickle (it's really hard to describe, but similar to what a cig did) and it's usually a bit deeper down in your throat/lungs than the burn you get from overheating.

I can vape at 50 watts on a proper setup and not a single bit of burning sensation anywhere in my throat or lungs. A huge TH sensation, however you want to describe it, but definitely not burning. Unless the wicks run dry

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I've been wondering if TH is directly related to vapor production and nicotine, or is it possible to get "clouds" and/or mid to high nicotine levels (18-24mg) without having to deal with uncomfortable levels of TH (especially when chain vaping)?
Well the bigger the cloud, the more liquid you vaporize and the higher the amount of nic you will get per hit. I found I had to drop nic level at least 25% going to a dual coil silica and single coil cotton. 30% or more on a dual coil cotton wick. This is on 5/64 micro 2 ohm coils. Bigger diameter coils will be a bit different.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
On an rda device one can get a terrible throat hit which is burning cotton. Burning juice is something different which can easily be discerned from burning cotton as the flavor is unpleasant compared to the cotton which is horrible and painful. When I vape in the 40 watt range, I notice a more intense nic hit than on something at 15 watts or less range.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't think I have even noticed TH in the last 6mo. I'm down to 6mg now and vape mostly around 8-9w. A few Mechanical Mod I run a bit warmer. As long as any sudden Nic urge is satisfied, I'm comfortable with a decent Vapor and nice Flavor.

My Kayfun collection and Ithaka Tanks have been a blessing.:)

My Drippers aren't to shabby either! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread