Thank You from the bottom of my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffluvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Noob vaper here. Just started vaping an hour ago, having the time of my life. A pack-a-day smoker for 22 years, trying to quit analogs for my 2 year old boy.

I had been actively trolling (yeah I know, I'm sorry) this forum for 2 weeks now to get the right information. I really appreciate the FAQ's, How-to's, Guides, Tips-and-Tricks, Reviews etc available on this forum.

Armed with them I ended up splurging on my equips.

Ordered the following:
- Satin Blue Provari with the extension plus 4 sets of batteries :) (still under processing according to provape's site)
- A Black and A Blue Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery (5 days and I still have not received it from myvaporestore.com, no update from USPS site aside from the fact it already left NY.)
- 2 Kanger T2 Tanks and a Vivi Nova V3 Tank from VaporAlley.com (they ship really fast)
- a handful of ejuice from darkcityvapor.com
- Ended up buying another Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery (Stainless) from Vape On in San Gabriel, CA (great customer service) so I can start vaping. Call me desperate, I haven't had an analog since Monday. This made me really cranky and impatient since I have the e-juices and accessories on hand but no mods.

Still tinkering with the Twist to get to that sweet spot. vaping on Vapor Alley's Mountain Dew 70/30 18mg and Vape On's Tobacco 12mg.

You guys showed me the way, I hope with your help I could keep on this path.

Thank You So Much Guys!

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Congrats on the change! You'll feel results in a few days. Don't be scared.

Was Ray the one that helped you at Vape On in San Gabriel? You know he opened a 2nd shop on Figueroa, right? I think his second shop would've been closer to where you live.

The juices I have when using the twist have a sweet spot at 3.6-3.8 with single coils LR cartomizers, dual coils SR at 4.2

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Give yourself a huge hug and pat on the back. I'm glad to see a noob just take the plunge and buy the better equipment from the start instead of wasting a ton of money like a lot of us did (not much great stuff around when I started). I'm very happy for you...you picked all the right gear. Now you have all the doors open to experiment.

muffluvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
That's a helluva start, ....! You'll be good to go with that kinda setup.

I know :). Wifey's gonna kill me if she finds out how much I spent.

Congrats on the change! You'll feel results in a few days. Don't be scared.

Was Ray the one that helped you at Vape On in San Gabriel? You know he opened a 2nd shop on Figueroa, right? I think his second shop would've been closer to where you live.

The juices I have when using the twist have a sweet spot at 3.6-3.8 with single coils LR cartomizers, dual coils SR at 4.2

Vape On 2? yeah in Cypress Park, I believe. I was planning on going there since it's between my work place (Pasadena) and home. Found out on Yelp that they are closed on Wednesdays. I was helped by Sharon in San Gabriel Store. And yes I found the sweet spot
between 3.6-3.8V on 1.8ohms.

Give yourself a huge hug and pat on the back. I'm glad to see a noob just take the plunge and buy the better equipment from the start instead of wasting a ton of money like a lot of us did (not much great stuff around when I started). I'm very happy for you...you picked all the right gear. Now you have all the doors open to experiment.

Gave myself a bro hug man :). Like I said this forum and you guys armed me with the information I needed for a great start.

Again thank you guys for the encouragement and the compliments.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Noob vaper here. Just started vaping an hour ago, having the time of my life. A pack-a-day smoker for 22 years, trying to quit analogs for my 2 year old boy.

I had been actively trolling (yeah I know, I'm sorry) this forum for 2 weeks now to get the right information. I really appreciate the FAQ's, How-to's, Guides, Tips-and-Tricks, Reviews etc available on this forum.

Ordered the following:
- Satin Blue Provari with the extension plus 4 sets of batteries :) (still under processing according to provape's site)
- A Black and A Blue Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery (5 days and I still have not received it from myvaporestore.com, no update from USPS site aside from the fact it already left NY.)
- 2 Kanger T2 Tanks and a Vivi Nova V3 Tank from VaporAlley.com (they ship really fast)
- Ended up buying another Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery (Stainless) from Vape On in San Gabriel, CA (great customer service) so I can start vaping. Call me desperate, I haven't had an analog since Monday. This made me really cranky and impatient since I have the e-juices and accessories on hand but no mods.

Still tinkering with the Twist to get to that sweet spot. Vaping on Vapor Alley's Mountain Dew 70/30 18mg and Vape On's Tobacco 12mg.

Thank You So Much Guys!
Welcome to ECF. Wow hell of a setup. Your trolling paid off is sounds like. Good show on giving up tobacco.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Welcome to EFC and congrats on your decision. Im glad you discovered EFC and did all your "homework" I wish I had discovered this great place before I got the kit I started with. Fortunately it was still in the 30 day return warranty and I was able to get the KGO set up. It was a great starting place for me, and they are still going strong.
One word of warning, though you have sort of skipped up the ladder, vaping can become just as addictive as smoking. We get the addiction to spend and get better and bigger vaporizers and accessories. But you kinda already went there with the Provari. You will get to know your devices and have fun. If you run into problems we are here to help.

Nuuze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Norcal
facebook.com
Congrats! Don't stress too much and enjoy! You have enough backups in just in case and to keep you busy. :)

I smoked about as long as you did and recently started vaping this month on the 6th and haven't looked back at cigarettes. Started with a Vtube for two weeks before getting a satin black provari/blue LED, 4 batts and Pila. I still use the Vtube and it makes a great backup. I use an assortment of Boge and Smoktek cartomizers along with a Smoktek and Vivi Nova 2.5 tank.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com

Ordered the following:

Still tinkering with the Twist to get to that sweet spot. Vaping on Vapor Alley's Mountain Dew 70/30 18mg and Vape On's Tobacco 12mg.

Thank You So Much Guys!

Wow! Congratulations! A few years from now on you'll be thanking yourself ;)

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
Congrats! The day my son was born on 7/7 was the day I quit smoking and started vaping. With the awful greennicotine I would not have been able to stay quit until I discovered this forum. Like you, I trolled as much info and advice as I could before I even created a username. With new equip and stellar liquids I have been able to remain analog free. Through this forum I have discovered the joy and excitement of vaping. I too am thankful for the support and never thought I could quit. Much respect to you, and the smoke free environment you have created for your young one!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Congratulations L's dad! That's wonderful news. You're well on the way and soon will be able to advise me. :) Once you decide what flavors you favor, let us know so we can offer some suggestions. I'm so pleased for you. bravo sir! :toast:

Congrats! The day my son was born on 7/7 was the day I quit smoking and started vaping. With the awful greennicotine I would not have been able to stay quit until I discovered this forum. Like you, I trolled as much info and advice as I could before I even created a username. With new equip and stellar liquids I have been able to remain analog free. Through this forum I have discovered the joy and excitement of vaping. I too am thankful for the support and never thought I could quit. Much respect to you, and the smoke free environment you have created for your young one!

muffluvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

no dude, much respect to you. You have bigger cajones and you quit the day your son was born while I waited for 2 more years. I bow my head to you.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
progress report: 4 days of vaping and I'm loving every moment of it. Never had an analog for 6 days now. I am so happy.

It's amazing how fast the time goes by! After my third drag off of an e-cig I never picked up another cigarette...and what's it been now? 52 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread