Thanks and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadok

Feb 2, 2010
SE US
Hey you all.

First, thanks for collectively amassing all the information about this (frankly sort of confusing) topic, and bringing it all together here.

I've browsed your forum off and on over a a few days, trying to figure out what model to buy, where to get it, what juice to use.

Based on all the stuff I've here, I've decided that the best way for me to go about it is to just get something standard and get started with it, then figure as I become more versed in this stuff, branch out in terms of models, solution, moding and so on.

I've decided on getting a Joye 510 starter kit. It comes with five prefilled
cartridges.

I've seen people here suggest that in addition to the starter set you get some blue cartridge filler. I will do this as well.

My questions begin here.
With this device, am I going to be able to somehow mod these prefilled cartridges and buy bottles of e-juice and vape that, or will I be purchasing brand/model specific cartridges of nicotine all the time.

I'd prefer to be able to take the more DIY route and drip/dip/fill my own.

Would someone please enlighten me about this, and if I will be able to use this to fill my own, point me to where I can find out how to do it?

Thank you.

-Z

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
I have a 510 and I refill the carts myself with the blue foam mod. Get yourself a few small bottles of e-liquid to try. there is a list of vendors on this site. You just cut the foam a little bigger than your cart, fill your cart about half way, put the foam in with tweezers or a paper clip end, and trim the top and top off with a couple drops of juice. It's very simple! There are lots and lots of threads in regard to this, so have yourself a good look around here, and Welcome to the forum and to the wonders of Vaping.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
With this device, am I going to be able to somehow mod these prefilled cartridges and buy bottles of e-juice and vape that?
Yes, that is what most of us do.

Would someone please enlighten me about this, and if I will be able to use this to fill my own, point me to where I can find out how to do it?
I usually drip without using any cartridge or filler material.
I use a pen grip as my mouthpiece.
:)

But I do use cartridges when I'm out for the evening.
There are many ways to refill, and it depends on the filler material you are using.

For the blue foam, I can actually refill by dripping drops on the edge with the cart slightly tilted.
The key is to make sure air is able to come up on the side opposite where you are putting the drops.

If you are finding that you are not getting air flow on the opposite side then that won't work.

In that case you need to take the filler out, refill with juice, and put filler back in.
Or you can smash the filler down in the cartridge, put in juice, and then pull the filler up again.
Or you can use a toothpick or straw or paperclip to create an airway while you refill.

Or you can just use a syringe and refill from the bottom up.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread