The 5th Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so isn't this the point at which I'm supposed to be bouncing off walls, biting the heads off everyone who talks to me, and drooling for a smoke?

I've "quit" before (obviously not too successfully), but NEVER have I made it to this point so easily. By this time in the past, I was ready for the straight-jacket. People would run the other direction if they saw me approaching. I'd be fitful, sleepless, and mourning the loss of one of my only vices. (Except for beer. Not giving that up. :glare:)

So, why is it so easy this time? My eGo, of course! (I'm an eGomaniac, I guess.) When my PV arrived on Monday, I gave my remaining analogs away because I didn't trust myself, and haven't looked back. I honestly cannot remember a time when I didn't "want" to light up. In the past, I'd try to fool myself and everyone around me into thinking I was doing just fine without smoking, but I knew I was lying.

This is different. This is awesome. This ROCKS.

Yesterday when I went to lunch, I passed by a group of smokers. Whenever I tried to quit smoking before, the smell of someone else's cigarette smoke would lift me off my feet and cause me to drool like a rabid dog. Yesterday, though, it made me cringe and cough. And that was only the 4th day.

Now I don't know if I'm more addicted to my eGo... or ECF. Either way, I'm not getting tar and other chemicals, so I couldn't care less!

No questions, no complaints, no concerns here... just wanted to pass along a good story. Have a great weekend, all!

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Congrats OP! Welcome to the fold. I'm approaching the 6 month mark myself, and never thought I'd be able to say that!

Like yourself, every time I tried to quit, I would find myself surrounded by my friends who all smoked. Now, I stand around them at the smoke room at work, or at the bar, and it doesn't bother me in the least. I haven't wanted to have one in a LONG time.

DoomsDay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Charlotte NC
Well, I started this on monday, I did have a couple cigs that morning before I got my kit in, but I haven't had one since. Unlike others, it seems, I still have almost an entire carton of analogs sitting on top of the fridge. No urges to go grab one at all. I have found myself, a couple of times, when I am getting ready to do an activity, reach for my pocket or look around for my cigs, but that is obviously just habit and not urges.

Now, I finally understand people talking about vaping constantly. I got some new juice in yesterday and it is so tasty that I literally spent 3 hours with the 510 in my hand the entire time lol.

Last edited:

Crumpet

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
central VA
Happy Friday everybody!

I'm very new here and new to vaping in general. Actually, a few years ago I tried an e-cig from China that I ordered off of e-Bay and it didn't work out so well. Specifically, it appeared to work fine......at first. It wasn't long before it stopped emitting any vapor, lighting up on the end, or pulling any drag whatsoever. It just wasn't worth the effort to send it back to China and all that entailed.

But I remained optimistic. At the time, the only place I found e-cigs was on Ebay and they were all from China. I was going to get the Gammucci but couldn't get it ordered from England (besides I don't care for the pen design). I have been an on and off smoker (mostly on since the age of 15 with some periods of abstinence in the past few years) and was able to quit (for a while anyway) with NRT lozenges. I will not lie: the 10 lb weight gain was a deterrent to staying clean and hard for me to deal with. NRT does help with offsetting weight gain related to quitting, at least in my experience. I don't mind being addicted to nicotine because it isn't what harms me and, in fact, I believe nicotine offers many benefits. But most importantly, I looooove to SMOKE. It's the whole process: the hand to mouth, the inhalation, the deep throat hit, and the exhalation. Smoking appeals to me more than nicotine but all the issues that come with smoking tobacco do not. Like the OP, I researched endlessly about the current e-cigs on the market and still am even though I'm happy with my Smoke Tip for now. I look forward to learning a lot from this community, especially discussing any legal issues related to e-cigs, FDA issues, and learning to use eliquids to refill my cartomizers to help save money. We ordered a started kit for my husband and he can't wait to get it. He quit over 6 months ago and has recently been having a resurgence of cravings. His mood has been enhanced by using my Smoke Tip and I'm excited to share my new discovery with other smoking friends who may or may not find it appealing for themselves. It amazes me just how many people have never even heard of these awesome inventions! I've had no analog cravings since using my e-cig but I do get paranoid about not having a new cartomizer on hand or someplace to charge my battery if it runs low.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I love reading a good story! It's funny how the right PV and juice can make all the difference. It was so much easier for me and my boyfriend to not want an analog after getting our eGo's. I also have a 510 PT that I love! It's been over three weeks since I bought any analogs and over a week since I actually smoked one. I don't miss it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread