The best MOD out there!,….RN4062???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauld9393

Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2010
Houston
I’m not sure how many of you have shopped for mod’s before, but I’m sure it’s a pretty good number of us. I know I’ve checked out about everyone on the web, thinking how cool it would be with all the power and vaping time between battery changes. I’ve also seen prices between $70 & $200 for those flashy mod’s. Some so big, I’d need a tool belt to carry with most looking like some kind of AVA wards trophy.8-o

Then it accrued to me last night that I had the perfect mod the whole time,…the e-cigar. OK,… so it’s not the classic MOD that everyone has seen before, but these cigars rock. Most of the high price gems I see now come with some type of 510 atty and cart. and promise endless vaping. The cigar comes with a atty that 3X in size with a cartridge that’s 3X’s the size of any 510 out there. It uses only one 3.6 battery, not the 2 batteries,… and at times, battery spacers you need in some of the biggest mod’s.

The e-cigars are auto’s with NO cutoff and produce more vapor than at times you can take. In a matter of minutes you can completely fog up a good size room into flight delays, no joke! lol :D
Another cool thing is it has a reset button close to one end that cleans your atty in 10 seconds keeping it at top performance. So if you’re one of those thinking about get a MOD, you should try the cigar before wasting tons of money on the other. One last thing, these aren’t just for the guys. There’s nothing sexier than a women who knows how to handle her cigar.:evil:

Moonbuddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Atchison, Kansas USA
I agree with you. I don't have the cigar, but I've watched people on the forums spend tons of money on all kinds of mods and then end up saying the 4072 is their favorite!. I think if you realize, you're not smoking, so it's never, ever going to taste like an analog, then you learn to be happy with your vaping. Having had a regular cigarette, since vaping, I realize I like vaping better! Won't happen agaiin that i smoke another, because it was my fault, running out of supplies.
I agree with you pauld, a lady with a cigar can be pretty sexy!

I also agree. I have the 4062 and love it. I didn't know about the reset button and will have to check it out when I get home. Mine didn't come with any instructions.

I do have a question about it if anyone could help out. My cart leaked all inside of the cigar, coating the battery. I've tried cleaning it out with q-tips but it still randomly turns on and stays on. I have to keep taking the battery out of it so I don't use it as much as I would like to. Does anyone know the best way to clean it out without ruining it?

pauld9393

Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2010
Houston
There’s three things that might be happening,…too much e-liquid, or not enough wicking material in the cart. Is this cart. one you re-stuffed, or a stock one? The last one might sound silly but it’s gravity. If you have a full cartridge with the light end pointing to the ground too long, eventual it will have time to run through to your battery. Now, what is Too long,…it’s different with each e-liquid. Some that are thicker may never run through, but the thin one’s may drip like a faucet. I think that was the hardest trick to learn when smoking any e-cig. I just found another good tip last night. If you re-stuff your cartridge, make sure it spins in the mouth piece. If it spins easy,… it will cut down any time you’ll pull your stuffing out of the cart when unscrewing it. Hope this helps!

It was a cart I restuffed and I decided I didn't have enough stuffing in it. I can never seem to get it quite right. My husband usually stuffs them for me. The gravity thing makes a lot of sense. It was laying level on the table next to me, I'll have to make sure I keep it at an angle with the cart down. It's definitely not one I'll carry around with me in my pocket like my 510. Thanks for the tips.

pauld9393

Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2010
Houston
Something else that might make it easier for you and keep the fluid out of your mouth, after sitting over night. Take a middle size medicine bottle and stuff the bottom with either paper towels or a cotton ball. Doing this,… you can stand them up with the mouth piece down and any liquid in the mouth piece is sucked up into the pad at the bottom. It also takes care of another e-cig problem,…you get all the crap off your night stand. I use them for my penstyle attys and cigars. One thing to watch out for is the first hit. Make sure you give the liquid time to run into the atty again so you’ll never get that burnt taste from a dry atty.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
You guys have read my mind ~ why aren't there more people using e-cigars?

I've been looking around for something new, and I've been looking at them instead of a mod. I ran across a grimm green review and I'm wondering if this is the same model that ya'all are talking about:

YouTube - grimmgreen e-cigar

I realize this is an older review, so even if it's the same model maybe it's been refined a bit to resolve the problems, but I really hate a hard draw and throat hit is very important to me. Of course, tons of vapor is important to. In other words, I want it all. :D

Are the batteries that come with this protected?

And just to make sure I'm not confused, since there are two 3.7V batteries, it's the same as 5V or 6V mod?

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
The review you linked to was for an RN4062, which is the model we carry.

The batteries that come with the kit currently are unprotected, but we have been told they will be switching to protected batteries in the near future.

The kit comes with 2 batteries, but the cigar only holds 1. So it does run at 3.7 volts.

Randall

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
The review you linked to was for an RN4062, which is the model we carry.

The batteries that come with the kit currently are unprotected, but we have been told they will be switching to protected batteries in the near future.

The kit comes with 2 batteries, but the cigar only holds 1. So it does run at 3.7 volts.

Randall

Hi Randall & thanks for the info ~ Has that model been modified in some way since that review?

I ask because pauld9393's experience seems very different from what GrimmGreen said in the video.

What pauld9393 says makes a lot of sense to me - why do you supposed more people don't try these? I know they seem pretty big, but I'm female and I have a prodigy and it certainly looks like the ecigar isn't near as big as most all of the mods that are out there and this would definitely solve the having to top off too often problem and the batteries are so inexpensive and readily available.

I did read somewhere that the throat hit might be more harsh, but wouldn't that would be dependent on the liquid?

There's just not a lot of info out there compared to the vast amount available on different cig models.

So, what's the downside? I can't seem to find it. :p

Just thought of one more question - If I were to order a kit before you change the batteries to protected ones, can I use batteries from Radio Shack or something as long as they're the same size & voltage?

Last edited:

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
Personally, I love my e-Cigar. I purchased my first RN4062 from Randall on 8/14/09 and have been using one daily ever since.

The woodgrain body looks like a Cigar, but the Black body or the soon to be stocked Golden Bloom bodies are very sleek and not at all awkward for a female. I own and use all 3 bodies.

As for throat hit, yes ... I definitely feel it is very much dependent upon the liquid being used ... particularly with this model and the amount of vapor it produces.

The draw on these is anything BUT hard. It is light & easy and produces TONS of vapor !! But, be advised. it is not a particularly warm vapor. And if there is a down side to the e-Cigar, that might be it for some. I don't have a problem with it, though.

As for the Radio Shack batteries, I honestly don't know the answer to that one ... I've never kooked into it. But I have been using this model for 8 months and have never had a battery issue.

I love my e-Cigar and highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread