Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The new chip to be featured in the Pulse 80w BF Squonk mod is a proprietary chip made by Vandy vape. The chip has been tested and it will suit the needs of this device.The Vandy Vape chip will have all of the features present in the Gene chip,(80w, ultra fast firing, ease of use, etc.) with additional features, such as Voltage By-Pass Mode.

Interesting.

I noticed that there is no mention of the custom vaping curves in wattage and temperature that the Gene Fun chip offers. Maybe it's part of the "etc".

Reactions: stols001

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Something like this (user defined tc curve)?
037020765b969299aef1e0f975936c84.jpg

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Tony is a Mac guy, so I’m hoping there will be Mac-compatible version of any update software. That could be a deal-killer for me.
I just hope they have a stable, safe way to deliver firmware updates without risk of bricking it, lol.

Especially with a brand new chip, I would expect there will be some bugs that need to be addressed pretty early on. Nothing is flawless. I'm ok with that if they release updates for it in a reasonable timeframe and there is a stable tool to apply the updates.

I only load firmware updates if I have to. If there are bugs that don't affect me or features I don't use, I leave the updates alone. If there are reports of folks bricking the mods trying to update, then it's a definite no to updating for me. I'll let other folks be the lab rats as far as testing the firmware updates and software if the mod is usable as is.

It's one thing to develop and make firmware updates available. It's a completely different matter to provide users a safe manner in which to load them.

I'm getting more and more excited about it now. Actually looking forward to trying the Vandy chip. Don't even care that it's not the Gene chip any more.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Eciggity dropped the price $5.
Haven't got the refund on my CC yet.
They were quite good about processing my refund due to product change. Got a notification of refund within 24 hours. Hit my card account the next day.

If the pulse 80W turns out to be as good as everyone thought it would be with the gene chip, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from eciggity.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    They were quite good about processing my refund due to product change. Got a notification of refund within 24 hours. Hit my card account the next day.

If the pulse 80W turns out to be as good as everyone thought it would be with the gene chip, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from eciggity.
    Yes, I contacted them, they got back and said I will be offered a refund on the difference or store credit.
    Always have good service from Eciggity.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Hi

from what I understand , the vaping curves in wattage is lost and is available only for tc mode ( "TC Curve Set" expresses this at least for a non english speaker ;-) )

JJ

Thank you. :)

So, if this is true - it does not, in fact, have the same feature set as the Gene Fun chip.

I don't do TC, so the "User defined TC Curve Set" is useless to me.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    We'll have to see what comes out. I don't know if what's posted on their site is the final user interface.

I might have my Oceanus set for power mode (2 second boost), but that hasn't ever been anything I cared about. That's probably because I vape in the 25 - 40w zone, 0.4 - 0.5 ohm twisted 26 kanthal, not dealing with high mass coils.

(I only do watts mode myself, never found tc that interesting.)

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    I see 3f has dropped the pre-order price to $44 ($3 decrease).

They sent an email offering to add some Cotton Bacon (reasonable); since I use rayon I'll ask for a straight shop credit to use on an RDA.

Last edited:

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
    Canada
    looking forward to see VV 1st official chip as after finding out what happened with all the gene chip drama, poor Tony such a great guy didnt deserve short end of stick buut in a way im actually glad to hear its all VV chip amd all, im not one tha like to add fuel to drama fire but as an owner of 3 mech pulse bf mods i cant wait to see regulated version as im sure will bring its game to table as VV usually doesnt disappoint on products or quality

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Here's a look at the mod with the VV chip. It's a live show and not a review, but it shows the bottle design up close and a walk through of the menu system of the VV board (which looks remarkably like the Gene board features).

Start it at about the 5 min mark to get right to the actual mod features. Board menu features starts at around the 10 min mark

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    i dont see discount mentiionex either on VV website but if you do find where it can be aplied let me know please
    Tony Video, when he explain that drama between, TONY, VOOPOO n Vandy Vape, he clearly said that min 10 off - 15 .... but no where i can find any online retailer selling at 10 dollar off ...

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
    Canada
    Tony Video, when he explain that drama between, TONY, VOOPOO n Vandy Vape, he clearly said that min 10 off - 15 .... but no where i can find any online retailer selling at 10 dollar off ...
    try sending Tony a msg on his facebook profile for Vapor Trail he usually is more than happy to help with question, well at least he did with me for my Pulse bf mod questions in the past

• Useful

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    That was if you had pre-ordered it with the Gene chip already then the retailer would likely be reducing the retail price because the vandy chip is cheaper.

Reactions: markfm
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread