Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The first actual review. Daniel also has one of the prototypes with the Gene board, and did an interesting comparison between the VV and Gene performance. Disappointed to see that the VV board is not all that good for TC performance, but otherwise performs pretty well.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The first actual review. Daniel also has one of the prototypes with the Gene board, and did an interesting comparison between the VV and Gene performance. Disappointed to see that the VV board is not all that good for TC performance, but otherwise performs pretty well.

yeah, I was bummed by the TC tests he did but that is honestly what I expected with a first gen chip. Hopefully they can sort it out with the firmware. At least it seems to perform as well as the gene chip in power mode. I may actually get one regardless as I switched my RSQ's to power mode the other day and am actually enjoying it more than I remember, and even more than TC mode for some reason.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Wish it had better TC functionality for those of you that use TC, but I'm very stoked that it seems to be a great performer in power mode. REALLY excited for this one to be released. Already have a few toppers built and waiting, and a few 20700's ready to go.

I'm betting that they were aware of the issues with TC, and wanted to go ahead and release the device so it wasn't too far behind schedule due to the chip change. I'm sure there will be firmware updates available to clean up TC features. Again, not surprised TC is flakey since it's the first VV chip. Looks like they've got a great first chip release though, just need to work on the software some for TC.

Again, not surprised that initially it will only support Windows for firmware update, it's a new chip and VV needed to address the larger user base initially. Didn't Escribe go a very long time without Mac support??? If they chip/device ends up being popular enough, then more than likely they will add support for Mac.

In all honesty though, if the software is just meant for firmware updates and not used regularly for configuration like Escribe, how often does one need to connect to a PC to update it? I'm a PC user, but have friends with a Mac if I needed to use one to update a device periodically. If the device only supported Mac firmware updating, it wouldn't stop me from buying the device. That's just me though.

Very, very excited for this one. :D

jj_9

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
FR
Hi !

What is the purpose of that?

The purpose is that i'm very at ease with volts and I know how much i need for my setups.
Also it avoids the varying voltage sent to the resistance than i have in watt mode.
But that's a very long debate and lot of people don't see it this way :D

JJ

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
hmmmm ... that bottle. i hold for this moment.

What's wrong with the bottle?

I guess my only problem is that the mod does not appear to be backwards compatible with the original Pulse mod bottles - of which I have more than a few. I'll still use them but it would be nice if they worked in either mod.

If you are referring to the refill bottle - then the above doesn't apply, but I'll be getting the kit without the refill bottle anyway as I don't see the utility in removing the RDA every time I refill. To me it's just as easy (maybe easier?) to pull the bottle from the mod and fill it.

jj_9

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
FR
Hi !
The purpose is that i'm very at ease with volts and I know how much i need for my setups.
Also it avoids the varying voltage sent to the resistance than i have in watt mode.

Also I should add it's very useful when you have your wire in stainless steel because the resistance changes a lot
:D

Regards
JJ

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I understand the delay, due to the board change, but the term "vaporware" ALMOST feels appropriate.
Supposed to ship from China tomorrow I believe. We'll see if it hits the slow boat on time (this time).

I'm kind of irritated by the delays, but still really looking forward to it, so glad it's almost here. Well considering it will probably still be a while between shipping from China and then to end consumers. I've got toys to keep me busy in the meanwhile, but that doesn't mean I'm not still eagerly awaiting it. :)

If it turns out to be a solid performer, then it was worth the wait to me.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yes, forget which site, said they were on the way and should arrive this week if there are no customs issues.

Hopefully multiple places to have them in this week if that's the case. Not sure how quickly they will get them out the door to consumers. I'm hoping to have one by this weekend, that's probably being a little optimistic, we'll see. Probably next week at the soonest.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
And......

Just got a tracking # from MyVPro!!!!!

Hoping it hits the PO tonight, I should have it in a few days if so. I can't remember the last time I've been this excited. :D

Also have one on pre-order with Brad's since I wasn't sure who would ship first (pathetic isn't it)? Brad's site says in stock now, but nothing updated on my order from him yet.

Both places, I placed my orders on 3/6, the first day they both listed them as pre-order items, so not sure how long it will take them to get through the backlog.

It's like Christmas in May!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I have one on pre-order, but I'm way past the idea of being excited about it. I've bought 5-6 regulated since I pre-ordered this mod and am quite happy with the ones I already have. I ordered mine on March 6th thinking and being told they would be released in early April. Fingers crossed that their untested chip works well and was worth the wait.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread