Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I hate mine enough I quit using it. It is fine for everything except it leaks on the top of the 510. That could be rda dependent. I even bought four 20700 cells and now they are just going to sit. Only my three Aegis mods could use 20700 cells, but I use 26650 cells in them instead.

Send those 20700's my way, lol.
I have a couple of mods that use them, but they've never seen one. :D

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
What is a minor ++ leak?

You mean you've got a minor 510 leak? If so and the board is still good, clean it up and put it back together. I don't think ANY squonker is 100% leakproof.

This is why I prefer to remove my bottle to fill. Any volume of liquid you use is essentially doubled going through the 510 if you top fill. Just personal preference I guess.
not that heavy but some how u can see juice around .... i don't use top fill for vandy vape ....

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
@BillW50

The leaking on the top of the 510 (bottom of the atty) is RDA dependent for me. I can use my Recurve and have no issues. With my Asmodus C4, I can expect to have to wipe the top of the mod and bottom of RDA when I remove it.

The pin/threads on the Recurve are longer, probably makes a better seal.

You can always send that Pulse to me. I'll give it a good home, lol

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The leaking on the top of the 510 (bottom of the atty) is RDA dependent for me.

I found this to be true with almost all squonk mods. The 510 in each atty can be slightly different than the 510 on the mod, and let some juice seep. Especially with flat head 510 pins, even the closed ended ones. The slot may let small amounts of juice escape. That's why I put o-rings around my 510 posts of my attys.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
According to Evolv, The DNA 75C is a very efficient chip, but the DNA 75 isn't. One has the color screen the other doesn't.
I know. I feel it is efficient as well, I was just saying that some people claim it isn't as efficient as other similar options. I don't see how it would get too much better though.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I got the VT Inbox which has the DNA 75 version 1 chip, the performance is similar to the Pulse 80 in terms of battery life.The Inbox just edges a bit more. I was using the beta pulse firmware. I'll be getting a DNA 75C version 2 chip, soon in the mail. I hope to compare that and see if it's much better. It should be if all goes well.

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I had actually shelved mine, but pulled it down yesterday and in fact am using it as I type this.
I really didn't want to return it ( had purchased the extra$ doors and also a matching bottle, rda, drip tip (all green).
I have version 6 and really hope the new version provides some help to the crappy battery life.
Yesterday I made it a point to check and started with a 4.14 Vapcell ( black print 3200 20700) and within 6.5 hours the battery came off at 3.57 and I actually had about 1-2 mls left in the bottle.
Only running it at 30W on a fused N80 .32 build.

I had previously turned off everything I could but power mode on ver. 6. Maybe the additions of ver. 7 will prolong the battery some.
Thats my hope anyway!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I had actually shelved mine, but pulled it down yesterday and in fact am using it as I type this.
I really didn't want to return it ( had purchased the extra$ doors and also a matching bottle, rda, drip tip (all green).
I have version 6 and really hope the new version provides some help to the crappy battery life.
Yesterday I made it a point to check and started with a 4.14 Vapcell ( black print 3200 20700) and within 6.5 hours the battery came off at 3.57 and I actually had about 1-2 mls left in the bottle.
Only running it at 30W on a fused N80 .32 build.

I had previously turned off everything I could but power mode on ver. 6. Maybe the additions of ver. 7 will prolong the battery some.
Thats my hope anyway!
I can't for the life of me understand what is up with that. I run 30w in power mode as well. I can get through almost a full day, about two full bottles before the mod cuts off.

I'm running the Sanyo 20700B though, supposedly 4200mah. I would be frustrated too if I couldn't get though a single bottle of juice without having to swap the battery.

I've never run anything in mine but the 20700B, maybe I should try a different cell in it this weekend. I could put a VTC5 or something like that, but I would expect a 2500mah batter to die pretty quickly compared to the 20700B.

Interested to see if I notice any improvements on version 7.

One thing I noticed was that after upgrading the firmware, my sleep time had been reset to 30 mins. So if you've turned down the sleep time to 2 mins like I do, make sure to check that and all of your other settings after upgrading it. It also kicked me out of the 'boost' mode and back into regular power, etc. I think the factory defaults are all set after upgrading.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Updated the firmware today. I'm on a Mac and for some reason the updater never recognises the mod when it's plugged in. Always have to pull it and use PC Connect mode. Thankfully it's not something that needs to be done often.

Useful to be able to knock the brightness down and the FIR setting is useful to, allowing it to fire when locked. Will see if battery life improves, if it does of course it won't be clear if that's down to the FW update (doubtful given battery management wasn't listed) or dialling the screen down to 30%, along with standby time at 2 as I had set before.

Going to try a couple more RDAs too. Another Recurve and the Nudge 22, see if anything changes re the leakage. I prefer the Recurve RDA over the Nudge TBH (by quite some margin), have two, one sat on the Recurve mod (zero leaking!) and one on the Pulse. Given it's my preferred RDA the one on the Pulse will likely get switched to the Drone 250C once they release it so the Pulse will likely go as a beach / beater mod that I need to be less careful with, so if it needs to have the Nudge on it, so be it. I originally had a different colour Pulse 80, had a buddy here who was desperate to get one, given it was only a week or two old I gave him that one and ordered a new one. Can't say I really noticed leaking on my original Pulse but maybe didn't have it around long enough to notice. It also had the black Recurve on it, vs the blue that currently sits on it. So I'll test them all out over the weekend. Maybe it's individual units (RDAs or mods), I dunno, but Pulse 80 510 leaking seems to be a common complaint.

I always use top fill too. Can't be asked taking the bottle out. I don't use the VV refill bottle the mod came with though (it's yet another bottle that you need to worry about flavour lingering, esp with custards and the like), much as I think it's good quality. Instead I use the Wotofo refill caps which I find excellent. I have a few. Easy to keep several squonk juices in rotation without my extra refill bottles that need to be washed and cared for. Finish the juice, bin the bottle, fit cap on next juice.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have the same issue with the computer not recognizing the mod. Im on windows. It's a small annoyance, but I don't hold it against them since they did add a manual way to connect.

My wife has been using the pulse lately, so I will test the battery life when she switches to a different mod in a day or two.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The p80w has worked well enough for me to be my daily mod, though I still switch to a mech when I'm doing dirty happy homeowner stuff. Probably time to break in some new 20700b, see if I find a difference between v6 and v7.

Top fill all the time for me. I do have orings on my setups, on the 510 extenders I use so I can run with a lanyard.

My current favorite topper is the vapefly galaxies mtl rdta, with the bf pin. I adjust the side airflow screws four full turns open, love it as a restricted lung setup, 25 - 35w. I've got another one on order, will jb weld the screws open since that's the only way I use it.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Ok so here is an other observation.
Last night I pulled that previous posts battery at 6:38pm (put on at noon).
I am able to lock my +/- buttons and still fire with V6, so I decided to also use stealth ( never did that ) mode.

The battery lasted longer, got thru a whole bottle of juice AND I didn't feel the heat around the +/- buttons. HUH!
So lasted from about 7-2:30 and came off and read 3.67.
7.5 hours at 30W and the whole bottle!!

Not too bad, will continue to use stealth mode I guess.
Got the extra hour/ 2 more mls. and no heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread