Status
Not open for further replies.

finagle69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Are you guys priming the Raven or going in dry?

Prime with 2-3 drops before putting in the tank - that usually gets it going. Also heard of some 'fluffing' the wick on the side slits for heavier juices.

Am looking forward to trying them on the BB!

She+won+t+even+have+to+bite+the+pillow+now+_3d5237e5135afde10c55deacc11a683a.png

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Are you guys priming the Raven or going in dry?

Prime with 2-3 drops before putting in the tank - that usually gets it going. Also heard of some 'fluffing' the wick on the side slits for heavier juices.

Am looking forward to trying them on the BB!

I don't prime before putting it in the tank but I do drip 5-6 drops before the first puff on it.

real soft hits don't seem to pull the juice into the atty as well as a medium hard hit does. If you hit light you may need to do a dry hit every so often.

You do want that coil nice and wet before you start vaping

Last edited:

jiphone

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Suffolk Co, NY
Tried the Raven in the BB...not impressed :/ If I had a lathe it would be super easy to retrofit the insides vision clearo to fit in the tank

(vision guts pressed into 510 base with the sleeve left in tact for 1/4", then the bottom half of an 808 with the center pin removed and the air slots machined flat to compress down from the brass screw onto the silicon top of the coil...of course you would need to add a spring or something as a ground on the base)...

but I don't have access to a shop any more :( I'm sure DD will come up with something good though

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Got through half a tank with the Raven, and then it started leaking like a sieve. Have no idea why.....but the juice runneth out the 510 connection like a big dog. Would be Royal Pi$$ed if that happened in my BB! So the jury is still wayyyyyyyy out for me. :-(

Majority of the time it isn't the carto or atty at fault, it is the tanks o-rings...usually something isn't sealing. If a carto or atty is bad it will leak like a fiend while you are filling the tank.

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Good evening folks. I don't frequent this thread sad to say. :blush: But I did managed to snag myself a BB from the classifieds and received it today. Most of the day was spent using a 510 Boge. But being the 801 Fusion fanboy that I am, I set out to get an 801 Fusion to work in the BB. While I did succeed, it was by no means an easy task. It took about 30-45 minutes with a Dremel to get it done, but I just wanted to let anyone who was curious about it know, that it can in fact be done. :)
View attachment 203177

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
So on my way home from work today, I was sitting in traffic vaping away as usual. I look over to the car next to me and the guy had a provari, so I waved and flashed my box. He rolled his window down and say holy crap is that the billet box! Those are so awesome! .. but then traffic started to move so I couldn't show it off any more or ask how he knew about them. But that was my first run in with another vaper that knew what it was :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
My Ravens are still going strong, in fact I have started replacing cartos in other tanks with Ravens as well. My Diver was shipped on the 12th...haven't seen it yet.
I set up a DCT with a Raven last night, added a sort of light flavored strawberry/menthol juice (50/50), and the flavor is awesome! I do have to be careful about chain vaping, letting it rest every couple of puffs, or it gets a funky taste. I'll dig out my Dremel tomorrow and cut one down for my BB if my boys don't bug me with other stuff. :)

IMHO, the Ravens have definite possibilities! Can't wait for the unflanged regular ones to become available!

fraghole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Tennessee
So on my way home from work today, I was sitting in traffic vaping away as usual. I look over to the car next to me and the guy had a provari, so I waved and flashed my box. He rolled his window down and say holy crap is that the billet box! Those are so awesome! .. but then traffic started to move so I couldn't show it off any more or ask how he knew about them. But that was my first run in with another vaper that knew what it was :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

People look at me like I'm smokin crack when I'm vaping. Can't wait to get my BB and watch everyone try to figure out what it is. :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
United States, Scotland...
Got through half a tank with the Raven, and then it started leaking like a sieve. Have no idea why.....but the juice runneth out the 510 connection like a big dog. Would be Royal Pi$$ed if that happened in my BB! So the jury is still wayyyyyyyy out for me. :-(
Well The Queen is The Expert at being "Royally ......" in terms of being both angry and trashed. :toast:
Having Anything Leak in a BB once I'm able to get my "Royal Hands" on one would send me into a "Royal Rampage"!!! :-x

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
People look at me like I'm smokin crack when I'm vaping. Can't wait to get my BB and watch everyone try to figure out what it is. :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

i brought mine to work today, where i am allowed to vape, and they thought i was swigging booze from a flask until i blew some vape clouds lol

Datalux

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Sweden
got ya covered, just follow my steps,

1st mark it for the cut,
2nd use your porta-band with a 28tpi blade to make the cut, leave 1mm long to flush later with your belt sander...
3rd chuck it to your lathe and machine down the flange, round 1200sfm is fine for hss tooling, little faster if your using carbide..
4th use the parallel guide in your belt sander to flush the porta-band cut

piece a cake..... j/k, happy file'ing!!!

Ha, very funny Doug! The man makes precision machined parts to mil spec tolerance and then expects us to believe he's a some kind of gorilla using rocks! Porta-band and a belt sander <sheesh> It was that little 26tpi slip that gave it away. We know you wouldn't have used less than 36tpi on stainless! Gottch ya! We know what the HASS was doing today....

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Hello Queen! :) Good to see you here too! :toast: Not surprising, since you seem to have a knack for finding great mods!
Thanks! I know that both of us have the knack for finding great mods and all things vape related! :toast:
Love the new avatar you're wearing! :thumb: Who's the designer? :D
This BB is awesome in beauty, function, adaptation, price and durability!!! I've definitely got a bead on this one...:hubba:
I'm sure that this is "The One" that will not only survive, but get us both through World War Z too! :smokie::smokie:

QueenofHearts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
i brought mine to work today, where i am allowed to vape, and they thought i was swigging booze from a flask until i blew some vape clouds lol
LOL!!! :laugh: I was doing that at VapeBash out of my pink flask filled to the brim with Patron Silver Label...:blush:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Thanks! I know that both of us have the knack for finding great mods and all things vape related! :toast:
Love the new avatar you're wearing! :thumb: Who's the designer? :D
This BB is awesome in beauty, function, adaptation, price and durability!!! I've definitely got a bead on this one...:hubba:
I'm sure that this is "The One" that will not only survive, but get us both through World War Z too! :smokie::smokie:

I agree with it getting us through WWZ! :thumbs:

My avi is actually a Tshirt design from Threadless, designed by Travis Pitts from NC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread