The " BUZZ " VariVolt PV Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugrat1965

Feb 12, 2010
Illinois
I sent an email and didn't get a reply. I am just assuming the promo is over. No biggie, I have had great customer service when I had questions. That more than makes up for $15.

Did you get your order yet? If not maybe Mike will throw in a freebee to make up for it. Send him a email at sales@notcigs.com

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
Has anyone tried the auto juice feeder for the Buzz? Just ordered a Buzz yesterday and looking to upgrade it before I have it. (this is a bad sign):ohmy:

When I ordered it I forgot about the wire attachment to check the voltage.
I emailed them and asked to have it added. They threw it in but were unable to charge me for it and said I could pay for it later.

So I figure if the juice feeder works I'll order it along with a 901-808 adapter and catch up what I owe for the wire.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I know a few people got the juice feeder but off hand the only name I can remember is WitchWay.

I used it for 5 minutes and loved it. I only stopped using it because I'm rigging it to go in the side of a 302 atty instead of using the cartridge it comes with. Hubby got the hole in the 302 atty too big and needs to fix it. Work has been kicking our butts so he hasn't had time to mess with it again yet. Once he does I'll be using it all the time :)

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
Received my Buzz yesterday and all I got to say is “WOW”! This thing leaves the rest of the mods in the dust. The ability to fine tune the voltage and hit the sweet spot for my attys and juice renders the rest of the stuff out there obsolete IMO.

Consistency has always been a big issue with me. First you get a good hit, then not so good, then hardly anything, then good again. This drives me nuts at times. The Buzz is great from fist drag until the light turns solid red, then it quits. I love it.

Another issue I have is you read all these reviews about a product, get all hyped up for it, go to order it only to see the dreaded "Out Of Stock". WTF? What did they do, make ten of them and open up for business? I'm not saying you won't ever see them out of stock. I'm saying at least this vendor had the sense to have an initial inventory large enough to meet demand.

Keep up the good work sir.

rtbob

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Received my Buzz yesterday and all I got to say is “WOW”! This thing leaves the rest of the mods in the dust. The ability to fine tune the voltage and hit the sweet spot for my attys and juice renders the rest of the stuff out there obsolete IMO.

Consistency has always been a big issue with me. First you get a good hit, then not so good, then hardly anything, then good again. This drives me nuts at times. The Buzz is great from fist drag until the light turns solid red, then it quits. I love it.

Another issue I have is you read all these reviews about a product, get all hyped up for it, go to order it only to see the dreaded "Out Of Stock". WTF? What did they do, make ten of them and open up for business? I'm not saying you won't ever see them out of stock. I'm saying at least this vendor had the sense to have an initial inventory large enough to meet demand.

Keep up the good work sir.

rtbob

Glad to hear you're loving your Buzz. I agree it leaves the other mods in the dust. :2cool:

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
Yes, my problem was strange! The first 4 hrs or so I used it was excellent and then the next morning I killed an atty. didnt think much about it but then I got one draw of each before killing 4 in a row. all new 2- dse-510 and 2- joye 510. put it down (getting a little expensive) and emailed them and got an RMA. returned it and told them they would think I was crazy but if they didnt find anything wrong with it I wanted a refund. Refund is what I got. My Xhaler dosent kill atties like that!
After reading your review I cant wait to get my BUZZ!:)

hey SSOD i remember you, well just too let you know my joker is K.I.A.:evil: and after seeing more reviews on vaprlifes rep of down syndrome mods, i dont plan on getting it fixed, i have had my first chuck for a few weeks now, the only thing is that 6v is a little too strong, so i was seaching for a new 5v device when i found out about the buzz.

now im thinking about getting one. :)

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
hey SSOD i remember you, well just too let you know my joker is K.I.A.:evil: and after seeing more reviews on vaprlifes rep of down syndrome mods, i dont plan on getting it fixed, i have had my first chuck for a few weeks now, the only thing is that 6v is a little too strong, so i was seaching for a new 5v device when i found out about the buzz.

now im thinking about getting one. :)

If your Joker is still under warranty, you can upgrade it to the Joker 2 and it will have variable voltage.

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
If your Joker is still under warranty, you can upgrade it to the Joker 2 and it will have variable voltage.

well thats the thing, long story, but i dropped the joker and it came apart, a wire broke, i had to do some DIY to fix it, had a bare wire inside for about a week, still worked fine, but just the other day it doesnt want to work when i want it too, the wire broke way inside the button housing, dont want to bother sending it in if it will cost me alot to fix, even thou i will most likely end up sending it in, but i really like this Buzz mod,

do you know if the 510 buzz is out yet?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
well thats the thing, long story, but i dropped the joker and it came apart, a wire broke, i had to do some DIY to fix it, had a bare wire inside for about a week, still worked fine, but just the other day it doesnt want to work when i want it too, the wire broke way inside the button housing, dont want to bother sending it in if it will cost me alot to fix, even thou i will most likely end up sending it in, but i really like this Buzz mod,

do you know if the 510 buzz is out yet?

You're story sounds familiar to me. Seems like I read it on Vapor Talk. If it was me I wouldn't pay to get the Joker fixed. I faced a similar situation with my VP2. It was either pay to get it fixed for a second time or buy a Buzz instead. I didn't want to risk getting my VP2 fixed and then it crap out out on me again for a 3rd time. Vaprlife's mods don't have a good track record.

The Buzz has a couple advantages over the Joker 2 and that is longer runtime and a drip well around the atty. I know Mike is working on a 510 connection but he doesn't have them ready yet. It sounds like they'll be ready soon but you could always ask him to be sure.

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
@Hyperspace, yea I pressed the 'ask a question button' and i asked about the 510 native connection, and said in about 2-3 weeks they'll be in.

I dont mind the 'drip well' feature, I have found the new... cool... way to vape.... 510 cartos. "maybe I should change my signature, should take out that drip and drive thing, and add, dont bother with the joker, with the same amount of money you could get TWO mods that are better.

the only thing holding me back right now on the buzz is,
* I need to order some juice, down to my last 12ml, no more doublers from TV, just gonna order two 1ounce 24mg bottles instead, "Im a light vaper"
**Also need some more 510 cartos, 3 five packs sound good.
***I also want a flip cam, or something similar, to make Youtube videos for xbox games, maybe even some vaping reviews.
****cant deciede if i should just get a buzz now, then another when the 510 connection comes out, the button is one of the biggest things i like about it, I NEED to be able to carry it in my pocket,
*****Still thinking about the 2 buzzes, or just get a flip cam then one buzz when the 510 comes out, or a buzz now then a flip cam next week then wait for the new buzz,

NOTE* Im gonna order all these things this week and next week, i dont like to order many things at once cause it just gets too crazy keeping track of .....

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
@Hyperspace, yea I pressed the 'ask a question button' and i asked about the 510 native connection, and said in about 2-3 weeks they'll be in.

I dont mind the 'drip well' feature, I have found the new... cool... way to vape.... 510 cartos. "maybe I should change my signature, should take out that drip and drive thing, and add, dont bother with the joker, with the same amount of money you could get TWO mods that are better.

the only thing holding me back right now on the buzz is,
* I need to order some juice, down to my last 12ml, no more doublers from TV, just gonna order two 1ounce 24mg bottles instead, "Im a light vaper"
**Also need some more 510 cartos, 3 five packs sound good.
***I also want a flip cam, or something similar, to make Youtube videos for xbox games, maybe even some vaping reviews.
****cant deciede if i should just get a buzz now, then another when the 510 connection comes out, the button is one of the biggest things i like about it, I NEED to be able to carry it in my pocket,
*****Still thinking about the 2 buzzes, or just get a flip cam then one buzz when the 510 comes out, or a buzz now then a flip cam next week then wait for the new buzz,

NOTE* Im gonna order all these things this week and next week, i dont like to order many things at once cause it just gets too crazy keeping track of .....

I know the feeling about waiting. I wanted a 510 connection too but didn't want to wait for it, so I ordered a 801 connection since I occasionally use 801s. Plus using a adapter doesn't bother me because I got use to it on my VP2.

I know what you mean about the price of the Joker. I think Jeso must have heard lots of complaints about that because he said the Joker 2 will be cheaper. It seems like if he lowers the price he'll piss off all the people who paid $160 for it. It will be interesting to see how all that turns out. :)

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I ordered one and its the best PV I've ever used BY FAR. Can't recommend it enough. IMO anyone who really does their research will end up settling on a Buzz...for now. With how awesome this thing is it won't be long before there are others out there. The Buzz doesn't seem to leave much room for improvement so it will be interesting to see where things go from here. I need about three more of these things.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I ordered one and its the best PV I've ever used BY FAR. Can't recommend it enough. IMO anyone who really does their research will end up settling on a Buzz...for now. With how awesome this thing is it won't be long before there are others out there. The Buzz doesn't seem to leave much room for improvement so it will be interesting to see where things go from here. I need about three more of these things.

Glad to hear you bought a Buzz. I agree it won't be long before you see more variable voltage mods hitting the market. Two variable box mods just hit the market and a variable Joker will be out soon. Then I see other mod makers like Super T are talking about coming out with one. I suspect it won't be long before the market is flooded with them. :2cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread