The Clapton coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
Did my first clapton today. Came out pretty decent for my first try.
Testing it out in a cheap atty I got from FT.
Had to drill out the holes in the posts. Will modify a better atty soon now that I have tried it.
I did 32ga around 26ga.
Came out to .73ohm.
Flavor is great!

propofokgov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
www.about.me
Did up my first Clapton, vapes better than I expected!

uploadfromtaptalk1394720603175.jpg

... so with the extra I had, I wrapped my AGI with it! Best Genni build to date with a SS hollow ROPE & ekowool sleeve. Mind you, I'm not a big Genni fan.

uploadfromtaptalk1394720696897.jpg

Doesn't produce the vapor like a micro wrap does, but really good flavor. This weekend I plan on trying to wrap it like a micro on the AGI to see if I can get a bit more volume out of it.

I clearly have to much time on my hands.

Last edited:

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
Did my first clapton today. Came out pretty decent for my first try.
Testing it out in a cheap atty I got from FT.
Had to drill out the holes in the posts. Will modify a better atty soon now that I have tried it.
I did 32ga around 26ga.
Came out to .73ohm.
Flavor is great!

Might try the Clapton on twisted 28. Super twists and crevices for juice!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Did this yesterday at the B&M 32 over 26g. 5 wraps .5 ohms and worked great. Think next weekend I'll make a bunch and play around with more builds but so far, it looks to be a winner.

@Rip
Would be cool to see a diamond coil build with a Clapton wrap. Think that's the next step of insanity at this point.

challenge accepted :p I think it's much more efficient, this thing hit's like electric coils on your oven, take a little to heat up but stays hot until your next drag. It looks so cool while vaping too because it "fizzes" the juice on a small layer on top of the coils before turning to vapor, neato.

Spacedoutart

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Buffalo NY
Ive been loving this coil, as its been hard to go back to regular coils. The flavor this produces is amazing! I made mine with 32 wraped on 28. 3 wrap on a 3/32 with cotton seems to be perfect. Quick warm up time this way. Came out to 0.5 ohms. 4 wraps was 0.7 ohms and took a while to heat up. 5 wraps was 0.9 ohms and took forever until I tossed it into my buddies DNA30. But for most of us with a mechanical mod and a good battery I suggest 3 wrap
Also as a side note. With this coil and 3 wraps you will start to notice the differences within your batteries. Sony VTC4 are amazing and pulse instantly. The Orbitronic SX30 takes a little longer to heat the coil and notice it.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I just made this one last night and I love it! It came out at 1.6Ω and was consistant all evening long. Today I noticed my Hana was showing it at 3.0Ω. The positive post was loose so I tightened it. Showed 2.4Ω. Tightened again and cut through the leg... At work, using a paper clip and nail clippers, I was able to unwrap one wrap of it to make a new leg and it reads 1.6Ω, but keeps jumping up and down. Is it common that the leg can somehow lose contact even if the screw is snug? This is baffling me....

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
anyone used 30g to wrap the outside instead of 32?

I only have rolls of 28 and 30 lol. I would imagine it being a really fat coil with 30g

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This was 30 over 26 (maybe 28... it was awhile ago, pretty sure it was 26 though) and it worked pretty good!

Image1.jpg 3.jpg Image2.jpg

I like the idea someone had earlier of doing a clapton with a twisted core. Hmm maybe I'll do a core of 4x30 and then wrap with 2x34, that would be one vicious coil!

Reactions: mamabear15

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
Might try the Clapton on twisted 28. Super twists and crevices for juice!

Tried that...did 30 on twisted 28. I found it impossible for the 30 not to follow the twists of the twisted 28, so they didn't get anywhere near wrapped right.

Still vapes nice tho!

crapton.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread