ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Canofworms.gif~c200
Someone say worms?

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
I wonder if this is related to the topic....but...i got one of my friends on the vape train, helped him to quit dipping. Hes been vaping now since mid june or so. Tonite, he says his coil tastes burnt and thought it needs changing. Its only been on for a couple days. I tried it, couldnt taste anything close to burnt. He claims its so harsh it burned his throat. The juice is smashmouth from humble juice, 6mg strength. The tank is a Baby beast with the t8 coil. Vaping it at 50 watts. When i tried it, i bumped it up to 60w and set the vape on soft. I could not taste anything burnt. Im thinking he is just vaping too much. He hardly ever puts it down. But he's blaming the juice. This juice is strawberry cupcake and icing flavor. Really good quality. He liked it at first but now it tastes "burnt" even though i know its not. Any ideas?

I think that is totally related and I think is exactly what I had. I thought I had a duff coil but had the same taste after changing coil. I think I was using some juice in another tank that tasted OK while vaping but left a pretty nasty aftertaste that was affecting the way other juices taste.

I also can be known to vape a lot but I don't think that's ever been the cause of an actively nasty taste, with me it just dulls the flavour. I think some juices work and some don't for peoples' different styles (whether that's the tank they use, the wattage their mod is set to, the amount they're vaping a day) and a lot of it is just trial and error. I know some who swear by menthol juices and I can't stand them, and I used to enjoy smoking menthols ciggies back in the bad old days! Good luck to your friend, I think he maybe right in blaming the juice.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I vape flavourless. Ive never experienced vapors tongue while vaping flavourless, the flavour of flavourless is always present, just a hint of sweetness that remains constant right up until the coil gets a bit old.
When I do try a flavour now they are pretty intense for a while. Sometimes it takes a while to start to enjoy the flavours because they seem too over the top or just a bit yuck. When the flavours fade going back to flavourless for a short while seems to make the previous dull flavoured juice come back to life. I dont know if that works for everyone though.
Spoke too soon. :)
Happened today and as continuing right up until 10mins ago when I started vaping a minty menthol apple . Ive been chain vaping all day. Having a nic free day and kinda forgot that I was.
Good new is while I cant taste the flavourless I can taste the sour apple and mint, not as strong as it probably should be but its okay. The nic hit is pretty good also.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread