The Daddy :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_ m

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
United Kingdom
My dad has smoked for 40 years and was on around 30 analogues a day. He saw me ecigs and was very intrigued.

He asked me to order him one and his 510 arrived yesterday,he loves it !!.

He has however just called me and said it was starting to taste a little burnt and the atty was getting hot, so he is coming round in an hour for a lesson in topping off and direct dripping :)

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Good going Chris-Take your time with him and let him follow your instructions to try doing it himself after you physically show him. I say this because sometimes we think we can show our parents something once and they should have it down. New technology is sometimes difficult for all newbies! Including myself!

chris_ m

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
United Kingdom
This makes me :thumbs:
I am waiting for my own 510 to come in the mail (hopefully today!) and my Dad has been smoking 2 packs a day for god knows how many years...
The damage is done in his lungs but maybe I can sway him to try an ecig.
He LOVES gadgets!

Ill be keeping everything crossed for you, the 510 is just an amazing ecig and great value :thumbs:

chris_ m

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Good going Chris-Take your time with him and let him follow your instructions to try doing it himself after you physically show him. I say this because sometimes we think we can show our parents something once and they should have it down. New technology is sometimes difficult for all newbies! Including myself!

Great advice, thank you, I think I do sometimes forget that he doesnt pick everything up straight away anymore :).

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Great advice, thank you, I think I do sometimes forget that he doesnt pick everything up straight away anymore :).
As a dad and grampa let me say we still pick things up but it just takes us longer to find them when they're put down.:confused: ;):):)LOL
I'm happy for your dad and he will start feeling the difference right away. I don't know if the sense of smell coming back is a good thimg though.

Last edited:

cg5071

Feb 12, 2010
northern michigan
how about the next lesson is either highpings or scottyballz mod to the cart? it makes it so much easier for vaping longer periods of time.

ps. congrats on converting your dad. i wanted to get my dad the pipe but after alot of reading it seems more difficult than the e-cigs. i am still looking for the easiest possible way for him to try them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread