The difference in Sahara & Turkish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
Detroit, Michigan, United States
What is the diffence between Sahara WTA and Turkish Blend Tobacco WTA? I"d assume Sahara implys a turkish blend. I'm thinking Camel if I can say that. So has anyone tried the two?

In my last order I got some Sahara to try. Didn't get the Turkish because it seemed redundant. IDK, I could be wrong. Did squeeze in the Miami Creme Brulee to try though. No turks, just cubans right. :glare:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Funny you you should mention Bavarian Creme and Pomegranite. Each time i order i do get some new something but i always get Pomegranite and Bavarian Creme. Sometimes i need to air out the Bavarian Creme. Ive been buying it since Summer. Pomegranite i ad a little extra of my Pomegranite flavoring for my own personal taste. I have lazy sinus

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I've reviewed both. Below are some excerpts from both reviews. What I taste might not be what you taste.

Sahara
Now that I've spent some time with Sahara WTA, I'll give it a review.
I got it at 12 mg strength, my normal vape. For a little background, I did smoke Camels for years, both Camel 99's and Camel Wides. I don't know if Jerry uses NET tobaccos to flavor these juices, but I am constantly surprised as how close he comes to capturing the essence of the cigarette. Sahara is a very dry vape, with a toned-down throat hit and a high degree of mouth hit. The top of your mouth will instantly dry out from this vape. There is a subtle nutty taste which perfectly compliments the taste of Turkish tobaccos. I don't know if the nuttiness is meant to reproduce the Virgina Burley tobaccos used in Camel cigarettes, but it is a very close approximation.

Final appraisal, this doesn't quite hit the mark as a "camel" reproduction, but it comes very close indeed. In fact, it reminds me most of Kamel Reds.

Turkish Tobacco
It is indeed close to a roll-your-own, similar to Top or Bugler. The vape does have a hint of sweetness, and the tobacco taste I mentioned earlier is reduced, though it is still stronger than Sahara or Beetle Juice. In short, this is about as close as you can get to a freshly opened pouch of roll-your-own tobacco as you can get. I'm still going to re-order this, and I'll enjoy it as a vape both ways. As a straight Turkish tobacco vape, this one gets 5 out of 5 vape rings.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I vape both. Sahara is my all day juice. I think it has less flavor then Turkish but I like the harder throat hit it gives me. Turkish seems a little sweeter to me

I love both the Sahara and Turkish. I left out Turkish on my last order and opted for Sahara thinking the same thing - that they can't be that dissimilar. I do like the stronger ashy throat hit of Sahara.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Yes I like G.I. Joe. The Joe is more similar to the Beatle Juice though. Joe has the same tobacco sweetness as Beatle Juice, but it is much more subtle. Joe is also more "ashy" than Beatle Juice. (I hate to use that word, "ashy", but I heard that used here. Ashy is a turn off IMO. I think I know what that word is trying to get at. More like smokey or smoke like.) I suppose "ashy" like Sahara, but the sweet undertone puts it closer to Beatle Juice. To me Sahara is very simple. It doesn't have a lot of complexity and I find that very refreshing. But, as of yet I cannot still compare the Turk because its sitting at the post office just down the road this Sunday.

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
I think by now most people know the only way to find out is to try it. Some people may value my opinion since they might also love G.I. Joe, but my dislike of Sahara sort of comes out if the blue, no rhyme or reason.

Which is a good thing for the rest of us. Otherwise he would be buying up all the Sahara like he does the GI Joe lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread