The DIY PERFECTED Vision Stone Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Got my Vision Stone v3 yesterday, After playing around with it and vaping some bounty hunter I soon got dry hits and knew I was gonna end up inside this thing and modding it. :confused:

I got off work this morning and took the vision stone apart, It was easy to see that the silicone cup seal was choking off the wicks from wicking juice to the coil. I slightly widened and lengthened the wick channels in the silicone seal and slapped it back together... Ughhh now it was getting proper juice wicking but found it leaking and gurgling. :(

I studied the seal and found it had cracks in it and was dry and brittle. I also dont like the seals design as there is a small inner part that goes down inside the ceramic cup making contact (or getting very close) to the coil. This is the reason I see people complaining of a plastic taste. :blink:
The design of this seal is very tough to get working properly, it seems like your either cutting off juice flow and wicking, or your getting too much with juice leaking,gurgling.

After about an hour of studying the design flaws I came up with a simple solution with parts we all have, and this thing is performing INSANE now! :laugh:

Monster wet juicy vapor clouds with absolutely NO LEAKING, NO DRY HITS, NO GURGLING.
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Ive set the tank upside down for ten minutes and not a single drop of juice leaking, but the coil/wick is nice and saturated.

Now to the mod

All you will need is...
  • A rubber mouthpeice from the end of a carto
  • A carto condom
  • fingernail clippers/scissors
  • a section of antenna tube (to pierce a larger hole in the rubber mouthpiece)

Start off by chucking the silicone seal that sits on the ceramic coil cup, this seal is the weak link in this design and the cause of dry hits or leaking/gurgling and anything inbetween. :mad:

Get your little white rubber mouthpiece from the end of a carto and set it on a wooden table.
You need a piece of metal radio antenna (or tubing the same diameter as the ceramic cup...be creative) set the rubber mouthpiece down on the table and press the tubing through it to punch out a larger hole in the center.

This rubber donnut you will slide over the ceramic cup just till it touches your wicks. This will seal off the ceramic cup from leaks but still provide a perfect flow of juice through your wicks to feed the coil.

If we reassembled the vision stone now there would be roughly an 1/8" gap between the top of the ceramic cup and the top cap. This is where the carto condom comes in, I cut a sleeve out that will act as an air/leak gasket and form a good seal against the top cap once tightened down.

gasket.jpg

Notice in the pic I used the closed end of the carto condom and cut a hole out with nail clippers... this lip will face the top cap, it will help keep the condoms shape and seal better keeping it from folding over or distorting. After the hole on the closed end is cut out, just take scissors and cut the condom to length (you will have to eyeball this, mine is roughly 1/4") as long as the condom covers the white donnut and has about 1/8" extra sticking out on the top you should be good to go. Also in this pic you can see the antenna piece i used to punch a hole in the white carto rubber mouthpiece.

Assembly

mod1.jpg mod2.jpg mod3.jpg tank.jpg

First pic you can see the rubber mouthpiece positioned over ceramic cup, with condom gasket sleeve over that....
the condom has give,and is flexible giving the perfect seal against top cap.

Second pic is another view.

Third pic shows that you can now view the coil with this mod by taking out the drip tip, In this picture, I had the tank upside down for 10 minutes, not a drop of juice!!!! but notice the wick coming through the coil is nice and saturated!

Last pic shows this mod assembled, you can see the condom gasket making a great seal against the top cap.

I was really getting frustrated with the vision stone 3 untill I came up with this little mod- I couldnt be happier with it now!
Ive vaped this all morning, not a single dry hit, not a drop leaked, insane flavor and vapor!
Im for the first time getting a nic buzz vaping!
Give it a try- you wont be dissapointed :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Nice mod! I've been thinking about taking the 4 wick grande innards out and putting them in the VS3 tank.

Thanks! I havent tried a grande yet, they was out of stock or would of tried one
Ive almost vaped myself into a coma... lol, this things kicking ... and tastes like dripping

choochoo.jpg

Last edited:

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Made it threw my first tank of juice flawlesly, and im loving the "dramamod" now im vaping renegade ry4, and thought this would be great with a touch more flavor, popped the driptip off and dropped a drop of bounty hunter on the coil, this is freaking sweet!!! Feeling like menthol? Drip some on the coil with the ry4 ,pretty good!
Cinnamon not bad either.

my 100ml bobas will be here tomorrow along with ave bannana and chocomint, cant wait to fill the tank with bobas and drip bannana on the coil when i feel like gorilla juice..... im gonna order and mod a couple more.

So much better than my muted taste pollyfill carto tanks!

Sorry im just a bit excited that this vs3 is working so great, amazing flavor and no leaks, spend the 20 minutes to do this mod if u have one of these, u will be surprised! And your dctanks may find a new home in the junk drawer

Last edited:

Krprice84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
could of questions for this....

first, how thick (tall) is the white piece you used? i'm finding different lengths of white pieces depending on the carto... what brand did you use (also would like the length of the piece though please)

secondly, how much of the white piece is sticking above the top edge of the ceramic cup?

third, i noticed in your pic it looks like your cup is thicker, and has a bit of a shape to the opening... mine is the same width the whole way down it into the cup, and that is a TINY bit thicker than the metal of a carto (so pretty thin) while your pic seems to appear like it is closer to the thickness of a plastic clearo... so thicker than mine, noticeably. yours also appears to have basically a smaller hole with a slot going through it, while mine is just an open hole (from above, of course there are still slots for the wick)

now, how did you get the condom to stay put? when i put it on it just seems to slide down on things, and i'm not 100% sure it is goign to seal against the top cap...

one tip that wasn't mentioned... i found that if you screw the bottom of the stone together, screw it onto the PV, THEN fill it and screw the top on - what this did for me is kept the centre post centred in the stone... if i tried putting it all together first, the centre post wiggles a little when you screw the top cap down and doesn't want to stay centered... has anyone else noticed this?

finally... what would be wrong with just kind of inverting the stock rubber seal (so the piece that goes into the cup slightly sticks out the bottom and the skirt is flipped up) and just cutting the piece off that goes into the cup... then opening up the wick slots a little. i did this too, in case your method did work right for me... i tried your method first and it *seems* to work, but i haven't used it much yet and i also haven't trid to make it leak or anything yet

one last thing... has anyone noticed/used WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) in this or any other device? do you notice it ruins cartos faster? does it muck up the stone quick too?
thanks

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Hmm, the white mouthpieces i used are from either a smoktek 1.7 resurector or from a boge , i have mouthpieces from both and both are the same size/thickness.

i pressed this down till the top was flush with the top of the cup, in order for it to be flush on mine i did have to use the nailclippers and notch out tiny grooves on each side..... to bypass that step just slide the rubber donut down till it just barely touches the wicks... if a little hangs up past the cup its ok.

my ceramic cup is the same diameter all the way up with a notch on either side,and yes ,it is pretty thin 2mm thick maybee.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
I opened the stock channels on the seal just a fraction of a mm and it leaked, i tried everything and it just wasnt reliable, good thing about this one is, the white donnut seals the cup and allows perfect juice flow everytime, the condom seals off the top, i tried to cut out the skirt on the stock one that sits on the coil but the whole stock seal just started falling apart.

im at work and had the provari with me with the stone tank bouncing around in my backpack all night...still vaping great and no leaks

blueeyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2012
West virginia
works great all i want to add just to help anyone having problems is use the rubber stopper fom a clearomizer its the same size but easier to get through and use the condom off the bottom of a inferno tankomizer blank tak , INFERNO - Blank Tanks its a good thickness and it helps keep it tight ........................but man it was like a 5 min mod and it works great awesome post !!!!!!!

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Sweet, glad its working for you!

Ya ...im sure the parts needed for this mod can be easily substituted, i found some silicone elastic tubing in my junk drawer that i bet could work as a single part seal.....

i think they really overdesigned the seal in these making them completely unreliable... this simple little solution has resulted in 2 days of my best vaping experence sofar, and i love the fact you can drip right on the coil to change your allday vapes flavor profile!

Last edited:

Krprice84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
how come you guys are all getting this to work??? after i posted, i kept using it and it started tasting funky, i took it back apart and tried putting it back together, and now it's just crap again.... wtf

i'm getting so livid with vaping man honestly, i'm really close to getting rid of everything and going back to analogs....

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
if its tasting burnt you may have the donnut pushed to far down against the wick cutting of juice flow.... try raising the donnut a hair so that the donnut is just barely touching the wicks or a hair above the wicks.

Also keep in mind that this type of mod by nature needs a little time for rewicking after a couple hits, im a chain vaper and have to pace myself with the stone....

Hit it a few times and tip it over to rewet the wicks, this speeds it up, also a trick i found was to tip it over get the wicks wet , turn it back over and give it a hard pull without pushing the button, this also draws juice to the coil... then your good for 5-10 chain vape hits.

Also what parts are you using for your seal/seals?? I like using the condom for my seal against the top cap because its flexible and if your using something more rigid then it might be forcing the donnut down when u tighten the cap forcing it to cuttof the wicks juiceflow.

The only 2 major points with these is to seal off the ceramic cup but still keep enough of an opening for juiceflow...
and to seal this against the topcap to get a good airseal and prevent leaking into the cup/airtube.

Dont give up man, once u get these setup right they are the best vaping experience/taste/vapor i could find

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
closeup.jpg

On mine to get the rubber donnut to sit flush with the top of the ceramic cup I had to trim small channels in the donnut for the wicks with nailclippers (not necessary, just how i did it)

Whatever you do, just make sure your donnut is not pressing against the wick, just barely touching or almost touching.

Hard to tell in this pic but theres probablly a half of a mm space above my wicks and im still getting perfect juiceflow, no leaks.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
how come you guys are all getting this to work??? after i posted, i kept using it and it started tasting funky, i took it back apart and tried putting it back together, and now it's just crap again.... wtf

i'm getting so livid with vaping man honestly, i'm really close to getting rid of everything and going back to analogs....

Get some good attys and drip. I know it's a pain to have to keep dripping but if you think of it like this...drip 4 drops vape till flavor is gone set it down and think of it as a finished analog. When you crave again drip 4 more drops and rinse/repeat. I've never had a atty do me wrong....best flavor out there.

Last edited:

Krprice84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
while dripping works for some people, i chain vape, and i chain vape hard. when i drip, i literally don't put it down for maybe an hour or two, i don't just vape like i would smoke. i love vaping, and i don't get a brutal nic buzz, so i can just vape 24mg juice for hours with no issue. that, and i want something that i can use while i drive and/or when i get to work (construction) without hassling around with dripping, or dealing with the mess (and the danger of dripping and driving, as i've already almost gone off the road twice, and once i DID get into the snow that piles up on the side of the road, which slid/sucked me up onto the centre meridian in the road, caused me to go sideways and slide half a block down the road, straddling the centre meridian and almost hitting cars in the oncoming lane.... not good, not good at all, especially when i have a habit of not wearing a seatbelt, and of driving well over 130km/h if i'm out on the highway which i drive to work every day, working out of town....)

what i've tried using is the white cap from a boge, and i smacked a hole in the centre using a miniature pen tube that is just about the right size. its a pretty tight fit onto the ceramic cup but it goes on there. once its on, it just touches the wicks and the ceramic cup is about 1.5mm down inside the centre hole, maybe only 1mm. i then took a condom, cut out part of the centre of the sealed end like in the picture, and put it on over the white thing. i found that it didn't have to be up very high above the white thing for it to seal, not at all. when i put it all together, i did notice that when i screwed on the top cap, the centre assembly did seem to get pressed on slightly, which i assume HAS to happen for the top to seal properly, but i also suspect it maybe pushed everything down a bit onto the wick, but how can you make that not happen, because the condom fits tihtly on the white thing, so if it gets pushed on the white thing AND the condom will go down a little bit together, its just how it would work. the only way i can see that not happening is if there was something keeping the white thing from going down further, and even though its a damn tight fit on the ceramic cup, it still wants to move down i'd assume

i dunno, i'm about half a second from throwing both these stones against the wall, then stomping on them, then feeding them to the dog (and hoping there isn't enough juice in them to kill her, cuz my roommate wouldn't like it if i killed his dog

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I purchased 4 of the V3 and had not used them because I heard (after purchase, of course) that there were folks having issues. When I found this mod thread, I promptly followed the instructions modded one. It works very well. I am not having any problems. I do think I had to lift the new o ring up slightly once off the wick. Nice vapor and flavor. Good job on the mod technique...it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread