The DIY PERFECTED Vision Stone Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
To much having to fiddle with mine like this, getting funky taste then having to adjust. I went back to my original mod and I'm happier with it. I take the stock Silicone piece and cut out the center completely with my Xacto knife and just widen the channels a bit where the wicks are, this works fine and no fiddling around. My mod is always standing up as well so nothing can or does leak, just give a little tilt to wet the top of the wicks when ya take a vape and done deal.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I ordered one of these tanks with my eGo starter kit when I was at my 2 week mark. Today is like day 93... I love them, but I always have all kinds of issues, like everyone does. I tried this simple little trick and I have to say, Thanks! I thought these hit good b4, well now this one really rocks. Great idea.

FWIW, I took the other tube style vision tank. I dont even remember what its called, but it is the one that uses the exact same rubber piece in the top as the vision tank in this mod. I noticed that said rubber pc was burned around where it contacts the cup. So, instead of chucking the whole thing I just removed the rubber pc, and then filled the tube like normal, and used scotch tape to secure the mouthpiece/tip to the tube. Well let me tell you it hits as good as this mod does.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Ha, even better,, I got a ton of the old CE2's so I just pulled the ceramic cup off one of them, pulled the wire and wick off since they have the old thin wick, used the wire coil wrapped a new piece of the thicker wick I have making a whole new coil, put it all back together soldered the wires, and set it so the ceramic cup just touches the bottom of the top cap when screwed on all the way. Now no silicone piece is even needed and the thing is cranking out plumes of tasty thick vapor with a new coil and wick and set up like this, give that one a try :2cool: will post a pic in a bit.

This works killer

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Last edited:

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
what i've tried using is the white cap from a boge, and i smacked a hole in the centre using a miniature pen tube that is just about the right size. its a pretty tight fit onto the ceramic cup but it goes on there. once its on, it just touches the wicks and the ceramic cup is about 1.5mm down inside the centre hole, maybe only 1mm. i then took a condom, cut out part of the centre of the sealed end like in the picture, and put it on over the white thing. i found that it didn't have to be up very high above the white thing for it to seal, not at all. when i put it all together, i did notice that when i screwed on the top cap, the centre assembly did seem to get pressed on slightly, which i assume HAS to happen for the top to seal properly, but i also suspect it maybe pushed everything down a bit onto the wick, but how can you make that not happen, because the condom fits tihtly on the white thing, so if it gets pushed on the white thing AND the condom will go down a little bit together, its just how it would work. the only way i can see that not happening is if there was something keeping the white thing from going down further, and even though its a damn tight fit on the ceramic cup, it still wants to move down i'd assume

i dunno, i'm about half a second from throwing both these stones against the wall, then stomping on them, then feeding them to the dog (and hoping there isn't enough juice in them to kill her, cuz my roommate wouldn't like it if i killed his dog
hmm, my white rubber donnut fits very snug also, the condom on mine does get pushed down a bit when i tighten on the cap but the condom is loose enough where it slide down and not the donnut, i did use nailclippers and notch out 2 small channels for the wicks, you might try that.

deezdrama , Your Mod simply works, used it on one of my Stone 2 Tanks and vapes perfect, Nice Job

sweet, mines still going strong too =)

I purchased 4 of the V3 and had not used them because I heard (after purchase, of course) that there were folks having issues. When I found this mod thread, I promptly followed the instructions modded one. It works very well. I am not having any problems. I do think I had to lift the new o ring up slightly once off the wick. Nice vapor and flavor. Good job on the mod technique...it works!

Glad its working for ya!

I ordered one of these tanks with my eGo starter kit when I was at my 2 week mark. Today is like day 93... I love them, but I always have all kinds of issues, like everyone does. I tried this simple little trick and I have to say, Thanks! I thought these hit good b4, well now this one really rocks. Great idea.

Thank you, and yes- the flavor from these is amazing!

Ha, even better,, I got a ton of the old CE2's so I just pulled the ceramic cup off one of them, pulled the wire and wick off since they have the old thin wick, used the wire coil wrapped a new piece of the thicker wick I have making a whole new coil, put it all back together soldered the wires, and set it so the ceramic cup just touches the bottom of the top cap when screwed on all the way. Now no silicone piece is even needed and the thing is cranking out plumes of tasty thick vapor with a new coil and wick and set up like this, give that one a try :2cool: will post a pic in a bit.

This works killer
Nice mod! but probablly more work than some are willing or capable to do, I would worry about cup flooding with no seal at the top,and nothing to seal off the wick channels in the ceramic cup... but sounds to work great as long as the tank remains vertical

Last edited:

tschmeck

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2011
california
Thanks for suggesting this mod, deezdrama, I only have one Stone with me at work so I'm going to try on the older one when I get home.

I think my Stones just needed a break-in, the completely new Stone I have works great now, but I do have the issues with it not wicking as quickly as I'd like during chain vaping. I can live with that, I know I'm vaping more than most people would, but I love this Stone and I love my new Provari. Such a difference compared to my ego VV. I'm going to try my Vision Grande on it tonight, hopefully that one just needed some time too.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Mines still working great, im ordering more fri, still amazed by how much vapor and flavor these put out when running right. if your still getting dry hits make sure your wicks arent getting chocked off, and/or take some nailclippers and cut out a couple small recesses for the wicks, just make sure after its all together that u have a 1/2 - 1mm gap above wicks and donnut.

as long as u get a seal and have flow for the wicks these things are kind of foolproof

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Heres another one piece design mod option...

I found one of those clear tubes that has a black rubber plug in each end.... that a disposable gas station ecig came in....

It fits on the ceramic coil cup perfect and already has a hole in it, only thing needed to do was to trim it down to make it shorter...

works perfect!

new1.jpg new2.jpg new3.jpg

good thing is - you get two of these on one disposable ecig tube- I think it was branded "revolution"

moral of the story, theres plenty of things you can use for this mod, as long as u get a seal with the topcap and let your wicks get juice flow.

I still think these things give the best flavor and nice warm clouds of vapor :vapor:

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
Thanks deezdrama. Used your original mod technique and it works sooooooo great !!!!!! I gave up on my V3 Stone until I came across this thread. Man is this a vaping machine on my Provari. EXCELLENT !!!!!!! Works great. And only took me about 15 mins to do. Instead of a carto white cap, I just used an old black silicone ce2 cover and used a condom cover with cut hole in top and cut to size. Worked from the get go and still vaping strong. No runs, no leaks, no errors. Chit yeah Bro !!!!!! Thanks for the wonderful idea. Vape on !!!!!

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Thanks deezdrama. Used your original mod technique and it works sooooooo great !!!!!! I gave up on my V3 Stone until I came across this thread. Man is this a vaping machine on my Provari. EXCELLENT !!!!!!! Works great. And only took me about 15 mins to do. Instead of a carto white cap, I just used an old black silicone ce2 cover and used a condom cover with cut hole in top and cut to size. Worked from the get go and still vaping strong. No runs, no leaks, no errors. Chit yeah Bro !!!!!! Thanks for the wonderful idea. Vape on !!!!!

glad it working out for ya!

donnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Tried this today after my tank started leaking and gurgling and now its working like a champ. Tons of flav clouds of vapor wicked th and no more fussing around cleaning leaks and so on ......Thanks for the info .......(Now im glad i bought 4 of them couldnt resist they were 4$ each cant go wrong). if anyone is intrested there still on sale cost price 4$ at capitalnicfit.......its a canadian site but cant go wrong for the price

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
BTW, I dont know about all of you folks out there in vapeland, but I didnt happen to have a radio antenna on hand. So, I made a trip to Ace and they sell small lengths of diff diameter alum, brass, etc rods. I was able to pick up a 1' length of alum rod (hollow obviously) for like $1.50. I took the ceramic cup w me as to get an exact fit and it worked like a charm.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Okay, tried this tonight. I actually ended up using a cheap silicone drip tip I got sent with a clearo. It already had a hole at the atty end that was big enough to slip snugly over the cup. I then took a short condom from a carto, cut it down a bit, punched a hole in the top, and slipped that over the new seal.

So far I'm having mixed results. There's a lot of fiddling and delicate positioning of the new seal, because there's a fine line between starvation and flooding with this thing. I've gotten it to a point where it's vaping fine, but I have to tip frequently and for several seconds to feed the wick well enough to get a couple good vapes off it.

No leaks though, so there's that. I'll have to play with it more to see if I can get the perfect position.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Okay, tried this tonight. I actually ended up using a cheap silicone drip tip I got sent with a clearo. It already had a hole at the atty end that was big enough to slip snugly over the cup. I then took a short condom from a carto, cut it down a bit, punched a hole in the top, and slipped that over the new seal.

So far I'm having mixed results. There's a lot of fiddling and delicate positioning of the new seal, because there's a fine line between starvation and flooding with this thing. I've gotten it to a point where it's vaping fine, but I have to tip frequently and for several seconds to feed the wick well enough to get a couple good vapes off it.

No leaks though, so there's that. I'll have to play with it more to see if I can get the perfect position.

Sounds like the inner ring is chocking the wicks off. Try raising that ring up just a hair. I usually end up w the exact opposite prob, too much flow and I have to lower the ring a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread