the E cig working theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
How much knowledge do you want? Are you looking for in depth descriptions on the electronics? It varies by device and mech mods have no electronics beyond the battery and some kanthal wire.

The liquid used is a mixture of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol plus flavoring. The flavorings used depend on the flavor and contain a wide array of ingredients some better for you than others.

If you have specific questions or give me a starting point I'm sure i can point you in the right direction

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
A battery provide electricity, small electronic board (in regulated device, and you'll want regulated device) can change output voltage to a level that is most suitable for a user - all together it is called "a mod", device supplying electricity. On this mod you can place (screw) another device called an atomizer, which is basically a tank for e-liquid (or juice) with small chamber in which a coil is enclosed. When electricity is applied to the coil it vaporizes juice (glycerin+propylene glycol+ nicotine+flavorings).
It is a very basic description, some things are missing here.

Reactions: hashtag

Johnny Vapor

May 20, 2015
the E cig consists battery, atomizer, and cartridge. But how do they work, anyone could provide some knowledge for me about this?

Like how the electrical system work? what kind of liquid it uses?

Thank you so much if you could provide me some knowledge or link about that
Here's a link that should give you some great info! Black Mesa Vapors

robert12345678

May 20, 2015
How much knowledge do you want? Are you looking for in depth descriptions on the electronics? It varies by device and mech mods have no electronics beyond the battery and some kanthal wire.

The liquid used is a mixture of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol plus flavoring. The flavorings used depend on the flavor and contain a wide array of ingredients some better for you than others.

If you have specific questions or give me a starting point I'm sure i can point you in the right direction
yes, i am looking for deep description, details in Electrical design stuff. do you have any information, or the website link?

Thank you

robert12345678

May 20, 2015
A battery provide electricity, small electronic board (in regulated device, and you'll want regulated device) can change output voltage to a level that is most suitable for a user - all together it is called "a mod", device supplying electricity. On this mod you can place (screw) another device called an atomizer, which is basically a tank for e-liquid (or juice) with small chamber in which a coil is enclosed. When electricity is applied to the coil it vaporizes juice (glycerin+propylene glycol+ nicotine+flavorings).
It is a very basic description, some things are missing here.
thank you

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping and/or looking to upgrade.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

=====

Most eliquid contains PG, VG, Flavoring, Nicotine

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick.

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Reactions: hashtag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread