The Electronic cigarette needs a new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMKNOMOR

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
salem ma
I was at work today and my mind started wondering as it tends to do when I'm at work.I was thinking my road to vaping and peoples reaction to them when they see me vape.

I started vaping in february after my interest was peaked starting with an article on Yahoo on airlines banning the use on airplanes which led to me doing some research and ending up here on ECF.

I remember however passing by the kiosk in the mall several times watching the vendor puffing away on this fake cigarette.A toy as I looked at it. I never even stopped to look at it.I just brushed it off as a novelty.

Now I have many units,juices,attys and cartos and when I show people I tend to get the same initial response.They seem to have the same toy,novelty preconceptions usually ending in surprise due to the new found respect after seeing it is in fact a useful device.

"Electronic cigarette"

In retrospect I'm thinking it may have been the name that put me off, the reason why I never felt the need to walk up to the kiosk and walk away from butts.The name to me screams fake,Knock off or "wanna be".It just doesn't put it into its own league where it belongs and Personal vaporizer just sounds too serious or would have been to me as a newbie. Im wondering how many others felt the same before what ever reason they decided to learn more.

If you could rename the Electronic cigarette in order to give it a more credible, less toyish,ear catching name. what would it be????

SMKNOMOR

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
salem ma
One funny alternative I have seen from those Limeys is "Electro-...".

I thought about "Greatly Optimized Nicotine Atomization Device" - GONAD

But how about "Electromizer"?

GONAD? LMAO!! and yes the english name for cigarettes. That would be ear catching wouldn't it. I think both might be a lil on the controversial side these days.

Im interested to hear others.

Last edited:

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Personally, I never mention the word(s) e-cigarette. I call mine a personal vaporizer. A battery operated vaporizer. Or and electronic vaporizing device.
When people ask, that's what I say it is. I then let them know that this gadget has made me tobacco free and that I've quit smoking because of it.
It makes it sound more like a professional medical device.
When they mention the word e-cigarette, I let them know that it is a very similar device...

Last edited:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Electropuff
END - ee.enn.dee - electronic nicotine device
nicanalog
whatever

It doesn't matter because (a) no vendors will sell any to new buyers unless they advertise the product as an electronic cigarette, because that's what people want and what they search for, and (b) it's too late.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Don't think I would put something called GONAD anywhere near my face!!

That is too funny

Likewise. As an American, I could never put a ... to my lips and suck on it. The day gays started being called fags is the day smokers in the UK should have shunned the term ... forever.

Hey AngusATAT. Firefly Rulez. I'm a member of a Firefly role playing community. You can't take the sky from me. Into The Black!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread