Status
Not open for further replies.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Mabey thats too far for yall. How about horse drawn carriages. Still to far? Model T... Sounds about yalls speed.

The Model T got 25 miles per gallon and ran on three types of fuel.

In over 100 years only one car has managed to double that mpg rating...the Prius.

Just 4 years ago I bought a car that gets 26 mpg.

Not much has changed

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Isnt ignorance bliss...

I'm sure you could enlighten us all as to the overall benefits of that state...

Im assuming yall are about the age of 50 or 60.

Nope! You've done a good job of demonstrating the traditional outcome of assumption.

Mabey thats too far for yall. How about horse drawn carriages. Still to far? Model T... Sounds about yalls speed.

Absolutely my speed. I despise my twin-turbo rotary, after-all.

As I noted: There's a correct and incorrect way to do this. Anyone that's more than stubbed their toe outside of a marketing class that was closed for renovation at the time knows the correct way, and the ones that have lighted that path are tiny little names that no one would recognize. Coca Cola Bottling, Kraft Foods, Kentucky Fried Chicken, All of the Big tobacco companies, ... instantly come to mind.

Don't assume this is being done properly just because you don't know how to do it properly.

Jeff78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Weatherford, OK
www.ninecollective.com
The Model T got 25 miles per gallon and ran on three types of fuel.

In over 100 years only one car has managed to double that mpg rating...the Prius.

Just 4 years ago I bought a car that gets 26 mpg.

Not much has changed

LMAO

It also had a max of 45 mph

It could only go 20 - 40 miles before it needed to be refilled

Also the fuel tank was located under the drivers seat so if you were low on gas you could not go up a steep hill, unless you drove backwards.

It had 20 horsepower

Wheels were wooden artillery wheels, with steel welded-spoke (not truly wire) wheels available in 1926 and 27

sounds like a lot has changed.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I think it goes deeper than that, although I agree that in the examples you mention your reasoning is sound. When you don't control either your engineering or manufacturing destiny, you're at the mercy of the whims, winds, and tides of those that do. Law of Independent Trials withstanding, you can't get lucky forever.

Oh I'm aware. Sales are top priority. It's a business...no matter what you say...business has one goal...to make money.

Of course..."new" products = more sales

First thing I thought when everything was on sale for two weeks was "so what "new" product are they making room for?"

When I read about the WOW vapor, I know the first thing that came to my mind was "crap, I just bought over 100 cartomizers from them.

The truth is the original KR battery and cartomizer was damn near perfect for me.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
LMAO

It also had a max of 45 mph

It could only go 20 - 40 miles before it needed to be refilled

Also the fuel tank was located under the drivers seat so if you were low on gas you could not go up a steep hill, unless you drove backwards.

It had 20 horsepower

Wheels were wooden artillery wheels, with steel welded-spoke (not truly wire) wheels available in 1926 and 27

sounds like a lot has changed.

I could also say that the Model T had four wheels and we are still rolling around on four wheels. Or that it had a convertible top similar to current convertibles. How about the fact that it had headlights and a steering wheel? It also had an alternator of sorts.

Obviously things have progressed...I was simply carefully choosing my example in order to respond to a comment that was douchery.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
I think it goes deeper than that, although I agree that in the examples you mention your reasoning is sound. When you don't control either your engineering or manufacturing destiny, you're at the mercy of the whims, winds, and tides of those that do. Law of Independent Trials withstanding, you can't get lucky forever.

Exactly my point...when a PV company (any PV company) says they have been working hard to bring this "new product" or to design this or that...unless you have industrial designers and engineers on your payroll...all you are doing is trying products that another company has created, and saying..."yes, we would like to place an order for that one"

Recently I read in another forum that a company owner was "designing" a new product. My first thought was "By design, do you mean ordering?"

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Exactly my point...when a PV company (any PV company) says they have been working hard to bring this "new product" or to design this or that...unless you have industrial designers and engineers on your payroll...all you are doing is trying products that another company has created, and saying..."yes, we would like to place an order for that one"

Recently I read in another forum that a company owner was "designing" a new product. My first thought was "By design, do you mean ordering?"

Sense, I understand exactly what you mean. That bugs me too, because as far as I've seen no one else in this business has been as hands on as I have been.

Of course, I've been trying what they've come up with on their own, but you do realize I've also have been doing a lot more than that, don't you? I actually HAVE been working directly with their engineers to improve what they produce.

And then they've sold the results to other retailers as well, who immediatly start talking about how they've been working on designing better cartomizers. :mad:

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Sense, I understand exactly what you mean. That bugs me too, because as far as I've seen no one else in this business has been as hands on as I have been.

Of course, I've been trying what they've come up with on their own, but you do realize I've also have been doing a lot more than that, don't you? I actually HAVE been working directly with their engineers to improve what they produce.

And then they've sold the results to other retailers as well, who immediatly start talking about how they've been working on designing better cartomizers. :mad:

Hey leaford,

Let me first say that I respect you and that I respect the whole of the V4L team. I'm not an easy customer to deal with and thus far you guys have done a good job.

I am fully aware that you have been working closely with the engineers...but I have to question to what extent someone without an engineering background can improve on something that has already been produced by a professional.

For instance...in advertising...the designers are the professionals who are highly trained to create compelling advertisements...all too often the client...who has no design background...starts dictating design changes. The end result is almost always of lesser quality then the initial design.

That said...I've tried three batteries over all for the KR808...I even have the newest design from you guys...I can't help the fact that I keep going back to the original design..the thing just works perfectly.

So I guess I wonder if we are really improving the original Kanger product or if we are actually making things worse by changing something that worked.

As far as them selling your work to other companies? Well...that is to be expected...from what I am told that will happen no matter where you go in china.

I would piss me off also...but you are pretty much working for them for free. I'm sure they see the value in your opinion and your ideas because the chinese themselves don't use these products...so they are going to listen to someone who does.

Anyway...This is my addiction...if the cigarette companies kept changing my cigarettes I would have been extremely ....... I am a fan of V4L...but I am not as easily convinced that change is good, in particular, the sheer volume of change in such a short period of time.

Last edited:

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Hey leaford,

Let me first say that I respect you and that I respect the whole of the V4L team. I'm not an easy customer to deal with and thus far you guys have done a good job.

I am fully aware that you have been working closely with the engineers...but I have to question to what extent someone without an engineering background can improve on something that has already been produced by a professional.

For instance...in advertising...the designers are the professionals who are highly trained to create compelling advertisements...all too often the client...who has no design background...starts dictating design changes. The end result is almost always of lesser quality then the initial design.

That said...I've tried three batteries over all for the KR808...I even have the newest design from you guys...I can't help the fact that I keep going back to the original design..the thing just works perfectly.

So I guess I wonder if we are really improving the original Kanger product or if we are actually making things worse by changing something that worked.

As far as them selling your work to other companies? Well...that is to be expected...from what I am told that will happen no matter where you go in china.

I would piss me off also...but you are pretty much working for them for free. I'm sure they see the value in your opinion and your ideas because the chinese themselves don't use these products...so they are going to listen to someone who does.

Anyway...This is my addiction...if the cigarette companies kept changing my cigarettes I would have been extremely ....... I am a fan of V4L...but I am not as easily convinced that change is good, in particular, the sheer volume of change in such a short period of time.

Just so you understand, we have multiple engineers, on my payroll, both in the USA, and in HK, developing the V4L product Line:D

Enjoy

Steve:cool:

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Just so you understand, we have multiple engineers, on my payroll, both in the USA, and in HK, developing the V4L product Line:D

Enjoy

Steve:cool:

Hey Steve,

I'm sorry...I wasn't aware of this...

Are they working on anything besides KR808D-1 products?

Some prototype videos in the future would be awesome...I know Janty does that. I think it's a nice interaction with the end user to see the technical side rather then the marketing side.

Anyway...I apologize for assuming...I've just never seen anyone on the forums who had an engineer roll at V4L...it would be nice of them to join in on the conversation for the sake of the more technical minded people here.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

THose first batteries WERE the best. They had a light, easy draw, a perfectly responsive and reliable switch, and man did they last. I still have some too, which still work after all this time, and I don't have ANY other batts that old that still work. They were really the best e-cig batts of any brand or model I have EVER had.

But the first changes to them weren't instigated by us. They were done by the manufacturer on the next batch Steve ordered. Suddenly the draw wasn't anywhere near as good, and neither was the auto switch performance.

Every change we've made since then has been an attempt to recapture the performance of those first ones. And I think we've gotten back to the draw, and nearly back to the switch reliability.

But frankly, I think they just plain started using cheaper internal components starting after that first batch, and so nothing we could do could totally recapture that original performance. which is one reason why we now have those engineers Steve mentioned. Soon we will find out exactly what changed, and change it back, or even make it better. As well as producing our own, totally original and patentable USA grown e-cig technology exclusively for V4L! :thumb:

QUADSHOT

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
oceanside, ca
OK the WOW Wins!!! All I can say is WOW!!!

Just got home and went straight to my mailbox, and my new carts were there (thanks V4L for always being so reliable). Fired up the new 24mg wowboy and first hit was AWESOME. And it just keeps going. I am having a hard time keeping my hands off it to type this post :O).

Other than the vapor, what I like the most is that the TH on the 24mg is just a little bit smoother for me, so now I can vape 24's instead of 18's that I had been limited to before because for me the TH was to harsh. For a 2 pack a day M red smoker, I think this will make all the difference I need to go 100% smokeless. Thanks guys for your continued pursuit of excellence.

Ok to much typing and not enough vaping on my new toy. Back to vaping.

Chris

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
Speaking about original performance, is there an electronic or performance difference between the kr808d1 battery($14.50 Product Code: VK-BATT-WHITE) and the v4L standard($16.45 VK-BATTERY-1LOGO)?

I'm not sure of the electronic differences, but I like the no logos better than the single logo autos. I picked up a black one a couple of weeks ago and as much as I like the way my purple auto with PINK LED looks, I like the way my no logo functions better. Hoping that v4l will start stocking more colors in the no logos.

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I was SOOOO looking forward to this flavor...jumped right in and ordered a box of cartomizers. I am so sad to say it doesn't at all please my tastebuds...they revolted on me and threatened to go on strike. I am proof positive that taste is subjective, as I seem to be the only person that doesn't like the new wowboy. On another note, I got a sample of the peppermint, and it tastes JUST like a starlight mint.

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I think maybe the chocolate is what killed it for me. I can't vape any chocolate flavors I've tried. The only one I DID like (for a minute) was smilin, and I really really enjoyed it for a while. I hope I can go back to it eventually! The mint is defintely there, and I'm not sure which tobacco they used, but it is definitely there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread