The Fog Is Moving In

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Someplace in SC
Okay, it's one evening, I'm watching TV or playing a computer game, and smoking away on my e-cig. About 2 hours into what I'm doing, I notice my glasses are foggy, and my laptop screen is starting to get this oil on it. Any clue on what this is, and how can I get rid of it (if possible), or even have it stop all together?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
It is the VG in your juice. I keep a desktop fan on my floor blowing air out of the office away from me, into the other rooms of the house and my monitors, to reduce how often I have to clean in my office. My windows and blinds above/behind the monitors still seem to collect a lot as does the cage on the fan. Any normal cleaning products should work for the specific items. I use invisible glass for windows, monitor wipes for my desktop monitors, totally awesome for the fan after I vacuum off all the dust/gunk, etc.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
It is the VG in your juice. I keep a desktop fan on my floor blowing air out of the office away from me, into the other rooms of the house and my monitors, to reduce how often I have to clean in my office. My windows and blinds above/behind the monitors still seem to collect a lot as does the cage on the fan. Any normal cleaning products should work for the specific items. I use invisible glass for windows, monitor wipes for my desktop monitors, totally awesome for the fan after I vacuum off all the dust/gunk, etc.

There seem to be some subjects that are just untouchable. But you bro, you have a system. :D

Good luck. :)

p.s. The more VG residue, the more I know I'm doin' it right.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
One does not "smoke" an electronic cigarette. ;)

Once Pandora's box has been opened...:sneaky:

Click on their avatar. In the resulting pop-up, click on "Start a Conversation"

I dunno Ros, a sticky subject. But sure'd like to know how to layer that kind of VG on anything inside'a 2-hours. Me likey.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I dunno Ros, a sticky subject. But sure'd like to know how to layer that kind of VG on anything inside'a 2-hours. Me likey.
Dunno if I can help you with that. I vape 65VG all day, every day and have practically no residue on anything.

I guess I fail at being a human fog machine. :oops:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use a lot of VG because I'm PG sensitive. A small, but fairly powerful air purifier where I vape solves my problem.

You can ask for the thread to be closed, sure, but even though you got your answers, sometimes something else of use can pop up down the line, and if a new vaper has the same question, sometimes it's useful to have an open thread to read or ask more about.

Of course you can also ask a mod to close your thread, too.

Glad you got it sorted out :)

Anna

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I use a lot of VG because I'm PG sensitive. A small, but fairly powerful air purifier where I vape solves my problem.

You can ask for the thread to be closed, sure, but even though you got your answers, sometimes something else of use can pop up down the line, and if a new vaper has the same question, sometimes it's useful to have an open thread to read or ask more about.

Of course you can also ask a mod to close your thread, too.

Glad you got it sorted out :)

Anna
I'm glad I don't have issues with PG for PG carry's flavor better and uber high VG juice I find to have a muted waxy flavor. The highest VG I'll go is 80 but prefer 70 - 75.

During the Summer I always keep my windows open so that takes care of the window situation. During winter though I have to squeegee my windows at least once a week.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Take it from an old tournament amateur…

squeege-jpg.732033

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I'm glad I don't have issues with PG for PG carry's flavor better and uber high VG juice I find to have a muted waxy flavor. The highest VG I'll go is 80 but prefer 70 - 75.

During the Summer I always keep my windows open so that takes care of the window situation. During winter though I have to squeegee my windows at least once a week.

I'm in that kinda range myself from time to time. But r05 your taste buds must be config'd some kinda different from my tribe. I agree tho, ventilation is our friend and, and…room fans!

Reactions: stols001

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I'm a trucker. My driving mod is the Hammer of God which is a series mech with the Aromamizer Titan at about .38 ohms, so 150 watts give or take. In the winter, I occasionally have to clean my windshield mid shift, but usually a daily cleaning is all it takes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have just started mixing with PEG400, and haven't got to tasting yet. I did check if I was PG sensitive or not before mixing and I will be "tasting" soon. From what I've read (on here but also other places) as long as it's USP grade, it's safe-- the main issue would be developing a PG sensitivity, rather than any other issues. It's supposed to be a flavor carrier too, FWIW. Just thought I'd mention it as yes, I would love less VG clouds.. Etc.

Anna

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I have just started mixing with PEG400, and haven't got to tasting yet. I did check if I was PG sensitive or not before mixing and I will be "tasting" soon. From what I've read (on here but also other places) as long as it's USP grade, it's safe-- the main issue would be developing a PG sensitivity, rather than any other issues. It's supposed to be a flavor carrier too, FWIW. Just thought I'd mention it as yes, I would love less VG clouds.. Etc.

Anna

Well let us know. Use less VG and you'll get less vapor, true. I really haven't figured out how one can get more flavor with less vaporization but hey, I stand ready to be corrected.

Good luck. :D

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Well let us know. Use less VG and you'll get less vapor, true. I really haven't figured out how one can get more flavor with less vaporization but hey, I stand ready to be corrected.

Good luck. :D
More vapor doesn't mean more flavor and that's why there still is a large amount of Vapers that are MTL with Tootie Puffers @ 1+ Ohm setups. PG does carry flavor much better that's why when you buy flavors for DiY most all are in PG not VG base.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
More vapor doesn't mean more flavor and that's why there still is a large amount of Vapers that are MTL with Tootie Puffers @ 1+ Ohm setups. PG does carry flavor much better that's why when you buy flavors for DiY most all are in PG not VG base.
I agree but some direct lung setups are good for flavor... To me, no offense to anyone, it's like the difference between taking a sip of something really tasty with usually a hefty dose of nicotine adding to the flavor, and taking a few gulps of something really tasty (and warm) with a weaker (adds up with all the vapor) dose of nic.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread