The Grand PV. from reomods.com by redeyedancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm one of the folks that got caught in the "glitch" on sale day. As soon as the mods became available, my order went through with no trouble- at least, not on my side. But apparently, the receipt didn't make it into their Inbox. The end result was that by the time Robert found my purchase he no longer had the configuration I ordered.

Since I put off purchasing my next Chuck mod, and stayed up to make sure I got in on the Reo sale, I was pretty ...... off. To Robert's credit, he did refund my money quickly. But now I'm sitting here without any mod at all because my wait is starting over for my new Chuck. The problem may have been beyond Robert's control... but if I'm dishing out well over one hundred bucks for a product, as the customer I certainly do not expect to have to deal with that kind of problem... or worse yet, settle for something other than what I ordered like you have.

Aesthetics may not be as a big a deal to some, but if I'm paying for it... I don't expect to get told to take something else or go without. I would strongly recommend to anyone else waiting out the next sale to make sure the issues are resolved before wasting their time with the next buying frenzy.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
As usual thanks for the informative review.

Although it may not be the best way to sell these mods, I believe it is better than the prolonged waiting periods with some of these mods. The Ali'i is being sold in the same fashion I believe. Some vendors just don't have the capital required to pay for an entire production run. IMHO this method although not the best way perhaps of doing business, keeps the funds in your pocket rather than paying and waiting for the entire run to be finished.

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've already owned one Chuck, but it was stolen recently.
I was going to order another one, but heard about the Reo sale coming up and decided I wanted
both. I held off getting the Chuck because the Reo is (1) more expensive and (2) only sold for a
limited time. Then, after all my waiting... to have that happen really ...... me off. So now I'm
still stuck using a cheap battery while I wait for my Chuck.

As for being happy with whatever I got... no I wouldn't have. As the Chuck is my favorite mod,
obviously aesthetics are important to me. Anyhow, the point I wanted to make was just that
if someone is waiting around and saving up for this mod, they should make damn sure they
know they'll get one before getting stuck in the position I'm in now.

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
I know that Robert was so upset about how the events and how hard he worked regarding this sale, that he is now only selling mods that are on hand and ready to go. I waited close to 5 weeks for my ALI'I but with each one being custom I knew what kind of wait time to expect. Now I remember you mccord. You got a blk/blk. And just had your lil chuck stolen. So yours must have been one of the 10 that went out to the anodizer and came back with spots on it. I truly believe that it was just a case of bad luck all around. My friend is still waiting for his but isn't in the same position you were with no backup mod.

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
OH Snap Mainely Vapor In the house!!! Clap Your Hands!!! lol I love that opening song. Thanks for the kind words guys. Its easy when you buy great mods, wonder what it would be like to have to give a bad review? thats why I stick with mods, I am a mod junkie but am too damn picky when it comes to juice. I like maybe 5 or 6. Liquidexpress's HFC is a desert Island Vape for me, and alien visions Bobas, Flue Cured, Havana Gold and C&D all rotate depending on my moods. Tried Backwoodsbrew and like em but they are predominantly PG which is against all I hold Holy. Pg Dries my mouth out somthin fierce

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
kobold He is selling some mini's next week and then some woodys and grands soon after. the thing is if you submitted an order, you were gonna get a mod. He is actually looking to implement a new sysytem, he was talking about it today. where you would place your order and get a number, he would post what number he is on daily and when yours comes due he will invoice you and you pay. that way everyone is happy. as ...... as that one guy was he could have had a mod of his color choice had he chose to wait. what it came down to was he was in a bad situation with no other mod and that can make any wait an eternity. but he is the only one that I know of who missed out.. I mean one disgruntled customer? I chalk that up to the 2% factor. you can do everything you can but well 2% just aint gonna be happy.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
My Grand order worked-out by pure luck.. :) I was trying like hell to get an order for a gold & black door through the stampede & server overload... By the time I could actually get a complete order through, the gold & black was no longer showing as available, so I settled for a black with silver door.

I sent an email out some days later to confirm the order, and was told it was received. Last week, I e-mailed again, and was told that my order didn't make it in his inbox, even though I emailed him the PayPal transaction # days before, and received the reply that my order WAS verified. I even replied using the order confirmation e-mail that Rob sent me saying my order was received. To be honest, I found this kind of strange. :confused:

Anyhow, I was told that my previously confirmed black & silver door was not available, but he did have a gold & black door if I didn't want to wait. Luck was with me since that was what I wanted to begin with... :banana:

I am VERY happy with the Grand. :) The quality, function, attention to detail, and large juice capacity exceeded my expectations. :thumb: The only thing that I didn't like was that the included L/R 510 atty blew within 24 hours even though I kept it wet and never flooded it. I posted in the REO Grand thread about it, and Rob confirmed that this batch of attys were not that good. I was somewhat disappointed that Rob didn't offer to send me another, but at this point I am just happy that I received the Grand in the color combo I wanted, and have it to enjoy. :)

lugnut13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
USA
Great review Yellowman, nice that you mentioned the community in the "thread" :D

Technonut: I'm not sure if this will help, depending on what went wrong with your LR 510 atty, but when one of mine with my Grand stopped working the first day, I just swapped it until I got time today to look at it. Atty did not work in my eGo so I took a closer look. On the bottom of the thread part I noticed the metal ring inside the white seperator part was hanging down much further than my other atty's. So I banged in down on the desk a few times, thread side down, and it works again. Hope your atty might be as easy to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread